The Chronicles of the Banter Years (2012 - ∞)

Guest Moomintroll
Is that topless Motherwell fan on here? I'd like to greenie every post he's ever made.

Think we can safely write off MJC from the list of possibles.

54 minutes ago, afca32 said:

Lee "Jig" "Elbows" McCulloch diving to try and win a last minute penalty in front of 14 people in a game they drew 0-0. (47:25)

How have I never seen this before?? Jamie Bishop was in my class at school,  there is something hilarious about someone my age demanding the veteran McCulloch shakes his hand at the end there 

The BBC match report from the Admin Day defeat to Kilmarnock contains this nugget from top troller Kenny Shiels:-

"Kilmarnock manager Shiels had in midweek spoken sympathetically of the SPL champions' predicament, suggesting having McCoist at the helm was "like the man from above when he sends Jesus down".

14 minutes ago, BrianWake said:

If there is one thing that this wonderful, wonderful thread teaches us, is that some people really can't be trusted to operate the 'quote' function in the manner it was intended. 

Hint: if the post you're quoting has 128 images, 23 YouTube links and 3 paragraphs of text in it, don't fucking quote it. 

You seem to be new here, so I'll clue you in.

bennett is an arsehole.

23 minutes ago, BrianWake said:

If there is one thing that this wonderful, wonderful thread teaches us, is that some people really can't be trusted to operate the 'quote' function in the manner it was intended. 

Hint: if the post you're quoting has 128 images, 23 YouTube links and 3 paragraphs of text in it, don't fucking quote it. 

Welcome to the forum and the world of bennett.  Be prepared for deflections, poor quote etiquette, and general arseholery

35 minutes ago, BrianWake said:

They are, almost invariably, Rangers-obsessed diddies whose ambition is to be better than Bennett.  You can see that you're really appealing to the LCD of P&B.  Good luck with it.

3 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

I'm going to add this piece of pure comedy gold statement from Rangers in Feb 2013 to this thread, was originally posted in the "lets all laugh at rangers" thread.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/club-statement-27/

Credit goes to McQuade for finding it. 

Is that for real?

I don't remember seeing it before.  It's so bad that it actually eclipses the latest one.  I don't say that lightly.

24 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Is that for real?

I don't remember seeing it before.  It's so bad that it actually eclipses the latest one.  I don't say that lightly.

@McQuade found it originally but I was able to find it myself by going to rangers.co.uk and searching for Orlit.  Also found this tidbit from the day before: https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/court-petition-statement/ that said that the matter was unworthy of further comment

12 hours ago, JamesM82 said:

This may be controversial, but I think 2011/12 should be included in the Banter Years.

Some good quotes from the video speaking to fans:

"HMRC are going to have to do something, sort this out"

"It can only get better"

"We need to buy"

:lol:

11 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Is that for real?

My favourite was this line:

This Club will never run up crippling debts and we will not pay over-inflated salaries to players.

:lol:

On 11/12/2017 at 19:12, GeeJay said:

"ladies and gentlemen... the queen!"

They really are a strange bunch. Quite like a cult I suppose. It’s difficult to see how they will continue to attract a large support as the 21st century progresses.