The Chronicles of the Banter Years (2012 - ∞)

1 hour ago, bennett said:

All of this because sevco beat the sheep twice :lol:

53 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Can a mod delete this irrelevant shite from this Gold-bound thread?

Isn't that the official statement from Ibrox?

3 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

I’m sure he had a chat with his agent and they were looking to secure something like £500 per week or something.

He walked into the room and before he was able to open his mouth he was told “you’ll be getting 6k per week and it’s non-negotiable’.”

Should have pushed them for 10. He'd have got it.

22 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

In terms of the thread's first post, the fact that Rangers went behind after just twelve seconds of the much hyped Cup tie at Tannadice, probably deserves a mention, alongside the fact that they got hammered and wound up with nine men.

Even as a Dundee fan, this was one of the highlights of the Banter Years for me. The pre-existing bad blood between the clubs for the United Chairman's outspoken views on the attempts to admit Sevco into the top tier, actually having the cheek to demand payment for ticket money, the refusal to accept a shite offer for the rap David Goodwillie who subsequently went to Blackburn for the same money that Rangers had "offered", the ***s having to stump up for the re-arranged game at Tannadice that had been postponed pre-admin and even the DABs programme editor "accidentally" calling the The Rangers in his notes. When the clubs were drawn in the Scottish Cup, a few of the fans groups were determined to teach United a lesson and boycott to hurt them financially. Then this happened:

• United scored inside 13 seconds
  • Kal Naismith was sent off for losing the plot
  • Ian Black was then sent off for losing the plot
  • Charles Green had accepted hospitality at the game despite telling Rangers fans for weeks to boycott
  • One of their bigoted fuckwit supporters groups "leaders" was found to have sneaked into the United end
  • 400 of their fans spent 90 minutes watching their club being utterly bitchslapped at a sold out Tannadice to renditions of "Zombie" by the Cranberries
  • United made a pile of cash from the sold out game, it was also televised resulting in another £250K windfall

The only downside was the DABs drawing us in the Q-F and winning at Dens. Still, it was an utterly hilarious episode in the Banter Years from start to finish, only surpassed by the utter scenes in the 2016 Cup Final.

10 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

:lol:That's tremendous.

I knew that the document had been a shoddy affair.  I hadn't realised that they had a fancy copy for their sister club though.

Reminds you how disgusting it is Regan is still involved with Scottish Football though, he was right with his "slow lingering death" tbf, but it's not the rest of Scottish football who are suffering it..

1 hour ago, bennett said:

All of this because sevco beat the sheep twice :lol:

No Bennett.

It's been sparked by the fact that the manager of a Scottish diddy club who is a Rangers fan and ex-player, has just knocked them back despite being very publicly courted for six weeks.  This in turn prompted quite the most humiliating and universally condemned club statement ever seen.

Had the results in the games you mention been different, this thread would still exist and still be as entertaining.

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Reminds you how disgusting it is Regan is still involved with Scottish Football though, he was right with his "slow lingering death" tbf, but it's not the rest of Scottish football who are suffering it..

It wasn't just Scottish football that was at risk.

Speaking on Wednesday night after the Scottish Premier League had voted 10-1, with one abstention, to refuse the Rangers newco admission for next season, Regan said: “Without Rangers there is social unrest – there is a big problem for Scottish society. 

“I think if you look at the huge fan base Rangers have in this country, to contemplate a situation where those fans don’t have a team to support, where those fans are effectively left without a game to follow – I just think that could lead to all sorts of issues and all sorts of problems for the game. Tribalism in football is really important, a part of the game. 

“People follow their club with pride. It’s passed down from generation to generation and there are thousands of Rangers fans whose fathers have been Rangers fans and whose grandfathers have been Rangers fans. 

“You can’t contemplate a situation without that and if Rangers weren’t to exist I think that could have real dire consequences.”

31 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

No Bennett.

It's been sparked by the fact that the manager of a Scottish diddy club who is a Rangers fan and ex-player, has just knocked them back despite being very publicly courted for six weeks.  This in turn prompted quite the most humiliating and universally condemned club statement ever seen.

Had the results in the games you mention been different, this thread would still exist and still be as entertaining.

Oh ok then I'm sorry.

31 minutes ago, miketheheadlesschicken said:

It wasn't just Scottish football that was at risk.

“People follow their club with pride. It’s passed down from generation to generation and there are thousands of Rangers fans whose fathers have been Rangers fans and whose grandfathers have been Rangers fans. 

CQujI1LWwAAbYlh.jpg

4 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Aye, we drew 3-3 with Rangers at Ibrox (a credible achievement, given we'd been bodied 8-0 on our previous visit and had to sit through the ignominy of the club's Armed Forces Day celebrations, which bizarrely concluded with a gang of pissed-up squaddies piling into the Blue Order for a sash bash at half time) and our equaliser was scored from the penalty spot after Emilson Cribari tugged someone's jersey at a corner. Sean Higgins sent Cammy Bell the wrong way and celebrated by sauntering towards the Broomloan Stand with his hands cupped behind his ears.

Tom Miller, the loathsome Rangers TV commentator, blithely quipped: "Grow, up Mr Higgins. Grow up."

I've been looking for a clip since I started reading this thread but I could only find the SPFL's highlights.

He should heed his own advice, the no necked weeble that he is.