The Chronicles of the Banter Years (2012 - ∞)

The funniest moments came when the **** and the *** media had clearly decided in advance what was going to happen, how it was destiny or whatever, and then it didn't. Examples being Hearts running away with the Championship, the best team in the world defeating them in the play-offs, their failure to hire a scruffy bearded man to place St Hedgerow...

Just so many laughs and statements and embarassments and banter.

Whilst wishing them death again in a way I hope they do keep going to keep the Quantum of Concomitant (aka Banter) going.

And there is only one way for that........................................THE BIG HOOSE MUST STAY OPEN.........................................................

6 minutes ago, List_of_Jericho said:

It's also mentioned in this article from a game at Stranraer that McCoist defended the decision to stay at the nearby Turnberry hotel. :lol:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/13118762.Stranraer_0_Rangers_3__Upper_hand_gripped_in_an_iron_fist/

2 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

It's also mentioned in this article from a game at Stranraer that McCoist defended the decision to stay at the nearby Turnberry hotel. :lol:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/13118762.Stranraer_0_Rangers_3__Upper_hand_gripped_in_an_iron_fist/

All in aid of showing the opposition the respect they deserve of course!

1 hour ago, Tamdunk said:

Let's not forget this monstrosity of a bar graph

BBeXRtxCIAEX3ME.jpg

That's a new one on me. I thought it was simply that standard trick of data fraudsters everywhere, the suppressed origin, where a large common portion is subtracted from all bars in order to imply a greater ratio than actually exists.

But no, it's more fraudulent still.

The difference between 10/11 & 11/12 is 151, or about 0.4%.

The difference between 12/13 & 10/11 is just 96, or about 0.25%.

The apparent differences look to be in the proportion of around 2:1, with the latest year's sales being the bigger step; the actual differences are around 2:3. So even taking into account the classic suppressed origin, there is a misrepresentation by a factor of around 3 on some very simple data. No one who works with data competently and honestly would ever present those numbers like that.

Now, returning to the far more common suppressed origin scam...

To have Super Ally at the same level as the top of that chart, un-suppressing the origin for reasons of sporting integrity and scaling by the current year's jump, he would be hovering at an altitude of around 200m. Let's say the top of North Berwick Law. A foot and a half difference, on a chart the height of North Berwick Law. If I had any talent, I would have illustrated this with an image instead of mere words. Ally with a Jock Scott hoverpack.

2 minutes ago, sugna said:

That's a new one on me. I thought it was simply that standard trick of data fraudsters everywhere, the suppressed origin, where a large common portion is subtracted from all bars in order to imply a greater ratio than actually exists.

But no, it's more fraudulent still.

The difference between 10/11 & 11/12 is 151, or about 0.4%.

The difference between 12/13 & 10/11 is just 96, or about 0.25%.

The apparent differences look to be in the proportion of around 2:1, with the latest year's sales being the bigger step; the actual differences are around 2:3. So even taking into account the classic suppressed origin, there is a misrepresentation by a factor of around 3 on some very simple data. No one who works with data competently and honestly would ever present those numbers like that.

Now, returning to the far more common suppressed origin scam...

To have Super Ally at the same level as the top of that chart, un-suppressing the origin for reasons of sporting integrity and scaling by the current year's jump, he would be hovering at an altitude of around 200m. Let's say the top of North Berwick Law. A foot and a half difference, on a chart the height of North Berwick Law. If I had any talent, I would have illustrated this with an image instead of mere words. Ally with a Jock Scott hoverpack.

The thing I don't get is that the marketing department had a meeting where they agreed that this was a good idea.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Having to play some shitey American team in pre-season as none of the bigger teams were interested;

lol4.JPG

There were also some shitey Canadian teams on their North American tour as well, including Ottawa Fury.  I actually went to the game hoping that the Fury, who were a brand new team in the North American second division would beat them.  Sadly Sevco won 1-0 thanks to Nicky Law, at least I got to see the glorious insanity that was Bilel Mohsni.  I also found a totally unbiased match report, downplaying the complete meltdown Mohsni had

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2703756/Rangers-end-North-American-tour-1-0-win-Ottawa-Fury-Nicky-Law-goal.html

11 minutes ago, Marr1 said:

Nadir Cfitci's goal in *that* Semi-final, magnificent

What about the director (his name escapes me) that tried to ring-fence £500,000 of his own money that he'd invested and nearly put Rangers into admin for the first time?

Was that not Martin Bain? He's playing a blinder down at Sunderland as well.

I live in the Southside and watching the Rangers fans trooping towards Shawlands after the game was tremendous.

I was out on my bike and I had left Killie just when Miller scored to make it 1-1. At that point I just thought “Here we go, I’m not watching this”.

I arrived right in the middle of this crossroads about 5pm and I could tell by the *** faces something had gone badly wrong.
2b1b4908d91cc877227503079658c085.jpg