Friday night inspections

foofoo

Just a thought but surely, when its pretty clear that games will be cancelled, that inspections can be done on Friday? Players have social lives too and especially at this time of year where early information would allow them to relax on a Friday night. It appears that in the East Region its always a Saturday morning...as I say, just a thought. Maybe my priorites are wrong ha ha :-)

I just read a statement on Twitter from Inverness who seemingly asked for an inspection tonight but were informed by the SFA that inspections can only take place on the day of the game, every day is a school day it seems...

18 minutes ago, Nugent4nil said:

I just read a statement on Twitter from Inverness who seemingly asked for an inspection tonight but were informed by the SFA that inspections can only take place on the day of the game, every day is a school day it seems...

That's utter nonsense. We had our pitch inspected at 5pm on the Friday night two weeks ago by the match referee ahead of our game against Stonehaven, and the match was called off at 5.20pm.

It's actually the SPFL who have decreed this.
"On the advice of our groundsman, #ICTFC have requested that a pitch inspection be undertaken at the earliest opportunity. The SPFL have advised that this cannot be undertaken until the day of the game and we are arranging for that to happen as early as possible tomorrow morning."

11 minutes ago, glensmad said:

That's utter nonsense. We had our pitch inspected at 5pm on the Friday night two weeks ago by the match referee ahead of our game against Stonehaven, and the match was called off at 5.20pm.

Steady.... the ICT statement said that maybe theres different rules etc due to the fact they have undersoil heating and the likes and they are looking to call off because of what they believe is coming rather than what state the pitch and surrounding areas are currently in, also its the SFA not SJFA so maybe just maybe your giving the SJFA credit in a backhand kinda way for being proactive? haha

10 minutes ago, Nugent4nil said:

Steady.... the ICT statement said that maybe theres different rules etc due to the fact they have undersoil heating and the likes and they are looking to call off because of what they believe is coming rather than what state the pitch and surrounding areas are currently in, also its the SFA not SJFA so maybe just maybe your giving the SJFA credit in a backhand kinda way for being proactive? haha

Fair enough, I didn't read your post properly and assumed it was a Scottish Junior Cup tie you were referring to, not that rubbishy senior nonsense.

You are just on edge because youve not vented at anyone yet today, correct? Also dont you think this proves that SR is showing how proactive and forward thinking he is putting games off 24 hours before the big guys! Putting them on is stage two ;)

You 100% cannot have an inspection on Friday night as the op suggests.

The criteria of an inspection is the conditions when inspected.

Excuse me but every single Junior pitch is unplayable at night unless they have floodlights.

Darkness is not my friend.

3 hours ago, undercover agent said:

wont make any difference look at the ref that put Beith game on last week then called it off before kick off

Referees can only call it as they see it at the time of inspection, they cannot take into account what it may be like at kick off.

It appears that some are missing the point which was if it is completely obvious that a game will be unplayable...etc. I'm aware refs have lives and pitches are dark at night :-)....I just think a bit of common sense could be applied. Thanks for the responses.

2 hours ago, LeedsPhil said:

??

Plenty get 'obvious' decisions made on Fridays.

Including Dyce-Medda (again) this week :

https://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/dycejuniorsfc/267377/News/view/949747

The Scottish Junior Cup allows for Inspections at 4.30pm on the Friday evening if the away club is travelling further than 100 miles. They were in agreement to switch to Meadow Park, but I take it  was doubtful too. For regional matches most decisions are taken around 9am giving around 5 hours notice from kick off. Most club grounds men have a good feel for their pitches and when it will or won't be playable.

Archived