Players from the rest you admire and can't hate.

Players you know can rip your team a new one but you can't dislike, my three are.

Gary Harkins a quality act on his game...

Ryan the body Mc Cord who of fitter should have been one of our greats.

Kevin Cawley who despite his lack of inches never seems to hide in a game against us.

Players you know can rip your team a new one but you can't dislike, my three are.

Kevin Cawley who despite his lack of inches never seems to hide in a game against us.

Gary Harkins isn't in the tin pot seaside division

17 minutes ago, RRFC2711 said:

There are a few players in this league who did great things for us previously and who fit into this category. Marr and Holmes at Albion Rovers, Spence and Buchanan at Raith, the aforementioned McCord at Arbroath and Docherty at EF. Those lads are all capable of doing damage to us (and have done) but retain legendary status.

They fall into two categories for me:

Ex-players who stop and chat  and genuinely respect the club they once played for. Bobby Linn, Ross Graham, Jay Smart, Craig Johnstone etc.

Also guys who have paid their dues in the lower leagues over a number of years: Andy Dowie, Derek Lyle, Mick Dunlop, Liam Buchanan, Gary Fusco, Chris Templeman, Alan Trouten etc...  

8 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Vaughn at Raith for sure.
Got stitched up like a kipper last year and seems to genuinely want to make things good with Raith, and is also a player I'd have at Ayr in a heartbeat, as would most others I'm sure.

Would be a decent impact sub aye.

Vaughn at Raith for sure.
Got stitched up like a kipper last year and seems to genuinely want to make things good with Raith, and is also a player I'd have at Ayr in a heartbeat, as would most others I'm sure.

He can carry Moffat’s kit bag.

There aren't too many about at the minute I can think of. Have always liked Andy Graham, seems to breeze through every game, (seen him against more than just Stranraer), always gives 100% and doesn't take any nonsense.  Shame that it had to be him that scored the winning penalty against us in the play-off final.

There's not any ex Stranraer players still playing that I care much for but, got a bit of time for Mark Docherty. Decent player who's seemed to endear himself to fans of every club he's played for. Always got time for a chat too. Was disappointed when we didn't bring him back in the summer.

Scraping the barrel a bit but liked Michael Moffatt when he was at Girvan, not so much now he's at Ayr. The romance of players working their way from Juniors to our leagues appeals to me.  Moffatt's work at Girvan maybe didn't get the plaudits it deserved as Darren Mitchell's goals seemed to get all the headlines.

Archived