AVERAGE CROWDS in Lowland League

Bestsinceslicebread

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Goalie Hamish said:

Some recent attendances; Stirling Uni v Spartans 70, Edusport v Edinburgh Uni 50.

Christ yer the Isa of the East man :thumsup2

There were less than 40 at a junior game on the junior Cup thread. Not a junior cup tie may i add. 

I reckon the average crowd for each and every LL side will be around the 120 mark. 

Some have smaller gates others bigger I don't see a problem. 

Is that figure any good? 

1 hour ago, Goalie Hamish said:

Dinnae get upset at the facts, the thread is asking about crowds and I'm just reporting my experiences. Not been to a Lowland League game yet where there's been much over 100 at it.

Not gettin upset aboot the facts, I've just stated that the average crowd of the whole of the LL fixtures on yer average Saturday would be around 120.  The crowd today at Innerleithen would nae have been a kick in the erse of the 100 mark.  Nothing to hide fitba games are won on the park no the sidelines. How many LL games you been at then? 

7 minutes ago, Goalie Hamish said:

You appear upset, I've been to a fair few over the last 3-4 seasons but I won't state the attendances, it might send you over the edge.

:lol: is that the best you can come up wi.

For every Edu there's always a Shire, for every Lithgierose Rose there's always a Rossvale  ;)

Just now, newcastle broon said:

60 odd last week v ww including a few neutral Annan fans 

Interesting to hear.  Mainly WW fans there, I assume?  Out of curiosity, do Edusport have anyone who goes to watch them?  Perhaps friends/relatives of the players or those involved in running the club in some way?  Hard to imagine they can ever have any kind of fanbase.

7 minutes ago, stanley said:

Interesting to hear.  Mainly WW fans there, I assume?  Out of curiosity, do Edusport have anyone who goes to watch them?  Perhaps friends/relatives of the players or those involved in running the club in some way?  Hard to imagine they can ever have any kind of fanbase.

No sure we took a bus obviously wi players/management on it, defo a few Annan neutrals, was talking to them myself but did have a wee chuckle to myself when the home team sprung up on a mini bus. God knows where that would've came from :blink:

As long as they or anyone else can sustain it week in week out financially I don't see a problem. 

[emoji38] is that the best you can come up wi.
For every Edu there's always a Shire, for every Lithgierose Rose there's always a Rossvale  [emoji6]

I'm sure there is and feel free to post crowds as I assume this is what the thread is about and i'm interested in the club's that can draw over 100 on a regular basis.

1 minute ago, Goalie Hamish said:

I'm sure there is and feel free to post crowds as I assume this is what the thread is about and i'm interested in the club's that can draw over 100 on a regular basis.

Gretna.  This season 100 to 120 I would say.

Down from 2 or 3 years ago.

7 minutes ago, Goalie Hamish said:

Can only speak for my own team bud but off the top of my heed there's probably ww, Gretna, Spartans, Shire, Gala, EK all capable of 100+ crowds on a regular basis. 

A decent winning side will attract more in as well I'd imagine. 

10 minutes ago, Goalie Hamish said:

What interests you so much ?

My count at the Gretna 2008 v Shire game today was 110 (including the directors box). Some of the other Shire fans at the game thought it was more. There were 30 odd Shire away fans which wasn't bad for the Saturday before Christmas.

I've geniunely impressed by the  local fans that turn out to support and help their teams in the Lowland League.  As was said above, around the 120 mark is a reasonable shout for the crowds for a good number of the teams in our League this season.

9 minutes ago, Dead said:

My count at the Gretna 2008 v Shire game today was 110 (including the directors box). Some of the other Shire fans at the game thought it was more. There were 30 odd Shire away fans which wasn't bad for the Saturday before Christmas.

I've geniunely impressed by the  local fans that turn out to support and help their teams in the Lowland League.  As was said above, around the 120 mark is a reasonable shout for the crowds for a good number of the teams in our League this season.

That about average for a St Roch's game 4 leagues below Gretna

Archived