Forfar v Alloa 9th Dec

I have been continually criticized by some on here for saying that Josh is a wasted strip......looking forward to hearing from any of those same people tonight about that performance?

We played neat and tidy at times but zero penetration and width, another comical 2 goals conceded inside the 6 yard box again, we need to get back to basics quickly!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, tbsouth said:

I have been continually criticized by some on here for saying that Josh is a wasted strip......looking forward to hearing from any of those same people tonight about that performance?

:lol:

Aitken again runs around for the 90 doing absolutely nothing and you're foaming at the mouth over Josh. Again. It's comical.

5 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Aitken again runs around for the 90 doing absolutely nothing and you're foaming at the mouth over Josh. Again. It's comical.

"runs around  for the 90 doing absolutely nothing".......... absolutely fucking clueless you are!! :thumsup2

7 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Next you will be agreeing with the MOTM...or did you think Josh should have got it?? :whistle

Ach well, just to get both their backs up, I thought Josh actually wasn't too bad today and Aitken clearly has a future at the club.  Still a young boy learning the trade but looks to be getting better each week.

Toss up between Easton and McNaughton for MOTM in a blue shirt, Easton continually trying to force something to happen resulted in him getting caught in possession at times but still our most effective player in creating something positive.

Bain had a torrid time against the real MOTM,  Crossan.  Great watching his style of play.  Called it at half time when I said the first goal would come through him.

How Fleming? didn't get at least booked after being fouled by Cregg then blatantly giving him a boot is beyond me.

Alloa much improved on the team that we played earlier in the season and fully deserved the 3 points, Forfar had a make shift team on the park and it looked it.  Good to see Millar back though.

7 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

Ach well, just to get both their backs up, I thought Josh actually wasn't too bad today and Aitken clearly has a future at the club.  Still a young boy learning the trade but looks to be getting better each week.

Toss up between Easton and McNaughton for MOTM in a blue shirt, Easton continually trying to force something to happen resulted in him getting caught in possession at times but still our most effective player in creating something positive.

Bain had a torrid time against the real MOTM,  Crossan.  Great watching his style of play.  Called it at half time when I said the first goal would come through him.

How Fleming? didn't get at least booked after being fouled by Cregg then blatantly giving him a boot is beyond me.

Alloa much improved on the team that we played earlier in the season and fully deserved the 3 points, Forfar had a make shift team on the park and it looked it.  Good to see Millar back though.

Yep, Crossan was the player today.......but just tell me how "Josh wasn't too bad today"...he did absolutely nothing but screw everything up that came his way? I would rather have played Lockhead up beside Matty...a bit of pace and touch...ineffective having to cover for Bain after his stupid Yellow so early

Why criticise josh , he’s got all the skills to fit into a top Sunday pub league side , I was going to say a Saturday amateur side , but maybe that would be aiming a bit high .
Otherwise I think he’s doing ok , give the guy a chance

1 minute ago, tbsouth said:

Yep, Crossan was the player today.......but just tell me how "Josh wasn't too bad today"...he did absolutely nothing but screw everything up that came his way? I would rather have played Lockhead up beside Matty...a bit of pace and touch...ineffective having to cover for Bain after his stupid Yellow so early

I'm no Josh fan but that was one of his better performances this season, personally would rather have seen Milne in that role today though.  Lockhead (sic) was poor today, blaming Bain's booking on it is bizarre.  He had plenty chances on the wing, especially second half and did nothing with them.

2 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

I'm no Josh fan but that was one of his better performances this season, personally would rather have seen Milne in that role today though.  Lockhead (sic) was poor today, blaming Bain's booking on it is bizarre.  He had plenty chances on the wing, especially second half and did nothing with them.

I am not saying he was playing that great but he had to cover Bain in the 1st half as we was getting ripped. Seriously if that was one of his better performances......:wacko:

Steve Hetherington absolute ran the show again today. Player of the season so far for me.

That's pleasing to hear, mate. Seems to have grown in confidence this season, taking on more resonsibility.
Would be great to see him continue to develop.

Excellent three points and good to see Renton get a couple of goals.

Just now, Loonytoons said:

You wont get my back up your entitled to your view and at least your not being a dick about it. Personally i'm just not seeing it with Aitken. Agree with everything else though Easton and McNaughton our best players and great that Millar is fit.

Alloa were solid, streetwise and good on the break.

Archived