Forfar v Alloa 9th Dec

2 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

You wont get my back up your entitled to your view and at least your not being a dick about it. Personally i'm just not seeing it with Aitken. Agree with everything else though Easton and McNaughton our best players and great that Millar is fit.

Alloa were solid, streetwise and good on the break.

For you to criticize Aitken and say nothing about the other is what i would regard as being a dick.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Malone and Cox on top of the other injuries, being out was too much for us to cover today. First half we were fine with Aitken and Peters missing a decent chance apiece and  Easton hitting the bar. As tbsouth says Bains rash early yellow totally curtailled us down that flank and as a result Lochhead was constantly too deep to have much effect. Alloa upped things second half and we didn't have enough to respond. Alloa's winger was good but the difference was Renton, oh to have a half way decent striker.

We don't even have the players to go route one, we played neat and tidy football until we tried to go wide or hit the front two, you also don't see us surrounding officials and bemoaning decisions.....we almost have the look and feel of a team that has already resigned itself to the drop (more so when we go a goal down)

A great 3 points as no game is a given. We have an injury list thats close to critical also with a bench full of youngsters that Goodwin doesn,t seem to want to use unless forced to.Everyone put in a shift as is normal with Stevie H different class again. A couple of terrific saves fron big Neil also.

Absolutely freezing, just about thawed out. We didn't flow as well in midfield without Flannigan, and more reliant on bursts of class from Cawley and Crossan. But credit to Fleming and Hetherington more centrally who put great shifts in. Hetherington especially was all over the park battling away- our best player.

Only one winner after going ahead, but Forfar made it fairly tough. I thought McNaughton had a good game for them. A bit predictable and narrow when going forward though.

Two decent finishes by Renton, which gives the manager a welcome striking dilemma for next week when Flannigan will be fit and surely come back in.

Crossan again very dangerous on the ball, and had a major hand in both goals.

I was coming out of the stand at the end, heading back to hospitality, heading down the stair and the players already in, I heard the dressing room door slam shut and JW erupting. Apparently someone was a "ball greedy c**t who should have f***ing passed the f****ing ball". I suspect it was the match sponsors' man of the match he was aiming that rant at.  I'm a fan of Dylan, and have witnessed many a killer pass from him, but must admit his display on Saturday was akin to what I see a lot of from boys on a Sunday morning when I watch my eldest laddie play boys football. Boys who think they are Messi but fail to remember the wee Argentinian is a great team player.

Few pass marks for our boys on Saturday, McCallum and McNaughton being standout performers and others who were putting in shifts but getting nothing from their team mates. Josh continually disappoints this season, Trav wasn't his usual self but I can forgive him, Aitken had no effect but did make runs and put himself about but was getting little supply. Jamie Bain, one of my favourite players, let himself and the team down with his early yellow.

We have the bones of a decent team and a manager who is causing me to eat a large portion of humble pie. I was very vocal both on here and in real life that I did not want him as our manager, including dabbling with idea of staying away, but I now have faith in him to deliver a quality side over time. We are not relegated, yet, and there is still hope that the planets will align with a full squad available to the gaffer and maybe/hopefully a couple of good additions in next month's transfer window.

I was coming out of the stand at the end, heading back to hospitality, heading down the stair and the players already in, I heard the dressing room door slam shut and JW erupting. Apparently someone was a "ball greedy c**t who should have f***ing passed the f****ing ball". I suspect it was the match sponsors' man of the match he was aiming that rant at.  I'm a fan of Dylan, and have witnessed many a killer pass from him, but must admit his display on Saturday was akin to what I see a lot of from boys on a Sunday morning when I watch my eldest laddie play boys football. Boys who think they are Messi but fail to remember the wee Argentinian is a great team player.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Saw JW's reaction a couple of times during the match when Fuxake Easton ran down another blind alley and lost possession. Boy's got talent, no doubt, but my God he needs to learn when to pass it.

56 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Saw JW's reaction a couple of times during the match when Fuxake Easton ran down another blind alley and lost possession. Boy's got talent, no doubt, but my God he needs to learn when to pass it.

He could sometimes do with having someone being available to pass it to.

29 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

He could sometimes do with having someone being available to pass it to.

The times he keeps hold of the ball too long, trying to beat just one more player, not only are the opposition closing in on him but our own players tend to get drawn towards the ball, then the space is so crowded and there isn't an easy out ball.

Archived