Forfar v Alloa 9th Dec

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nothing much to say but I'm not prepared to go without a match thread for 2 weeks in a row.
With all our injuries and now Eddie's suspension, will we be able to field 11 first team players this week?

Team is almost picking itself due to injuries.
Same back 5 as last week, See and Aitken up top and who ever else is fit in midfield.
Guessing Easton, Milne, Duthie and Lochhead (Cregg and McBride on the bench please).

Team is almost picking itself due to injuries.
Same back 5 as last week, See and Aitken up top and who ever else is fit in midfield.
Guessing Easton, Milne, Duthie and Lochhead (Cregg and McBride on the bench please).

Sadly it's a perfect storm at the moment.Duds,injuries,red cards etc etc.

Important to get back on track now that the full-time clubs have confirmed our status as play-off hopefuls. Reasonably confident that the team will be solid enough to pick up a decent result.

Considering Forfar's league position, and apparent player problems, I suggest we all have a collective heads gone if we get beat. Goodwin out, stick yer Renton up yer arse, etc. Best part of the Albion Rovers fiasco.

Just now, victormeldrew said:

This must be an ideal opportunity  for Scott McBride to show what he can do. He played 59 times from a possible 72 for a strong Albion Rovers side over two seasons in League 1. He deserves a chance to play from the start.

Carrying an injury apparently, just to add to the list.

1 hour ago, victormeldrew said:

This must be an ideal opportunity  for Scott McBride to show what he can do. He played 59 times from a possible 72 for a strong Albion Rovers side over two seasons in League 1. He deserves a chance to play from the start.

Not sure if you have noticed but....he isn't good enough at this level.

Dave's pretty much nailed it. The players shouldn't be too down in the dumps despite the results in the past 2 games. We played really well against Ayr at home, and a decent first half showing last week before Raith upped their game and picked up a well deserved win after a dominant 25 minute spell.

Not too much to set alarm bells ringing though it probably puts any ambition loftier than 3rd place to bed. Forfar seem to have improved under Weir but with a really patched up team due to injuries etc we should be looking to get back in the groove again with 3 points. 

Wee trip to the Plough for the first time in a while...and despite the inevitable sub zero temperatures I've always liked the ground.

1 hour ago, tbsouth said:

Not sure if you have noticed but....he isn't good enough at this level.

What I notice is that Scott McBride was plenty good enough to play two seasons at this level. Might I suggest that Bollan's tactics did not help him and he hasn't really had a chance under Weir.  As Andy Gray said,"form is temporary,class is permanent." 

Weir has given Cregg two starts so surely,if fit, McBride is due a start.

What I notice is that Scott McBride was plenty good enough to play two seasons at this level. Might I suggest that Bollan's tactics did not help him and he hasn't really had a chance under Weir.  As Andy Gray said,"form is temporary,class is permanent." 
Weir has given Cregg two starts so surely,if fit, McBride is due a start.

Wasn't even on bench last week. Guessing he's not 100% fit.

It was always going to be a true barometer of our progress the last two weeks but Goodwin showed that he didn't have the balls to go for the 3 points in either game.  PJ had a good first half without a killer final ball but was posted missing in the 2nd.  Goodwin brings on big Kris but who was going to get to the byeline to provide the crosses for him? Tags defended the 1st goal like the right back he is.  He has played well but time to get back to playing players in their preferred positions and have a more positive approach to a game against 2nd bottom.  What is there to fear in Forfar - apart from that big beast of a bridie?

1 hour ago, KierenAAFC said:

Forfar play on Astro don’t they, so no doubts for this game being off?

My elder son was playing on Station Park last night, he says it wasn't slippy and was salted. It's snowing just now and starting to lie on the dry roads but I think it'll be fine.

IMO Forfar ineffectual for most of the game in attack today, and going forward generally, only 3 shots on target and 2 corners the whole game! 

Really missing someone that can work the wing(s) and put over a few crosses.

Thought McNaughton put in a good shift but Easton caught out more than a few times by not passing (earlier).

I fear it will be back to Berwick, Annan & Elgin again next season, unless things greatly improve.:bairn

Archived