East Region Websites

pie n beans

Their is a lot of websites out there that are shockingly out of date, i think a well run website is invaluable to any club, their is one that is 3 managers out of date and he is still listed as the manager, some websites when you click on them don't even take you to that club site.

There is one on their main page from 4 games ago, get the latest games played on the main page and archive the older games or do all games by date, Clubs really need to keep everything updated in all aspects.

35 minutes ago, pie n beans said:

Their is a lot of websites out there that are shockingly out of date, i think a well run website is invaluable to any club, their is one that is 3 managers out of date and he is still listed as the manager, some websites when you click on them don't even take you to that club site.

There is one on their main page from 4 games ago, get the latest games played on the main page and archive the older games or do all games by date, Clubs really need to keep everything updated in all aspects.

So to save looking (lazy f####r me) what ones ?

4 hours ago, pie n beans said:

Got to agree with you again.

Rule 1 of websites keep it up to date. Not blowing my own trumpet but even updated mine on my wedding day! our numbers were really good 

Some have fireworks and snazzy features but nobody will bother if it's not up to date. 

Same goes for Facebook and Twitter and all the apps 

Win lose or draw need updated

Go to say i am unbelievably impressed with Newtongrange Star site. 10 times better than anything I ever came up with. Bang up to date 

Love it

On 12/5/2017 at 16:29, Legend5 said:

Think Twitter and Facebook might be the future pal...

• I wondered about that before.  I do our website and I did think about whether it was needed.  Twitter is great for team line-ups, scores, postponements etc.  Club facebook pages have taken the place of forums but I still think the website has a role for general info to look up.  Management/Committee/squad lists, previous results,  appearances, honours,  history etc.

23 hours ago, Legend5 said:

Think Twitter and Facebook might be the future pal...

As a provider of football club websites for many junior clubs in Scotland (get the disclaimer in first), I think it's important to realise that Websites and Social Media accounts should serve different purposes when it comes to promoting your football club.

Someone else put it like this - your website is your online presence 'body' and social media accounts are the 'arms' bringing people into your website.

Social media is great for notifying people of news, and when you add new content to your website, you should use social media to promote that content. However, when it comes to displaying content or recording information in an easy to access, searchable format, social media is a poor medium to use.

As an example, check out Vale of Leven's website. We have provided their website for over 14 years. If you go to the Matches page, you will see 49 matches listed for the current season for their 2 teams:
http://www.valeoflevenfc.co.uk/content.php?pg=match&pd=1022

However, if you click on the Show all matches link, over 1100 matches will be listed going back to 2003 when Dougie Wilson scored a hat-trick in a 7-0 win against Irvine Vics. (He was then subbed at half time for Meechan who scored a double.)

Websites also allow you to do various things that social media can't, like automatically generate player statistics. Clicking on Dougie Wilson's name shows me that he scored 49 goals in 129 games over 9 seasons. You can also view a list of the matches he played in from July 2003 onwards.

The Vale of Leven website is a good example of what can be done as Angus (from the club) has kept it up to date over the years and also added a lot of historical information. He's able to quickly update the website from the online control panel.

I'm happy to help any clubs looking to start a website or upgrade their website. Find out more here: http://www.teamexpert.co.uk/

We also provide league websites including the East of Scotland Football Association & League website: http://www.eosfl.com/

Stephen

Archived