Scottish Cup 14/15 Champions v Scottish Cup 14/15 Runners Up

Really excited to play Falkirk again this weekend. Surprised there hasn't really been any new manager bounce since Hartley came in and with our reasonable run of form I'm hopeful that we can sneak a win here. That said, whilst we don't concede too many goals we also don't score many either. As we found against St. Mirren the other week if the opposition scores first we don't really create enough good chances to turn things around and get back into a winning position. We are also quite wasteful with the few chances we do create.

I doubt we'll see many changes to the side from the one that took at point in Dumfries provided there are no injuries or suspensions. Could do with Mulraney stepping up again as he's been pretty quiet recently. At least on a grass pitch we have the option to bring Doran on which is useful.

Stephen Finnie takes charge for this so expect a heads gone from at least one set of supporters after the match.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, RiG said:

Really excited to play Falkirk again this weekend. Surprised there hasn't really been any new manager bounce since Hartley came in and with our reasonable run of form I'm hopeful that we can sneak a win here.

The new manager bounce thing is a bit of a myth. Statistically, teams that stay with managers usually turn it round on a similar time scale to teams that don't. If there isn't a bounce maybe the team is just gash.

The new manager bounce thing is a bit of a myth. Statistically, teams that stay with managers usually turn it round on a similar time scale to teams that don't. If there isn't a bounce maybe the team is just gash.

The team is most definitely gash. Not the Dons fault due to half his players not giving a f**k.

11 hours ago, JinkyBairn said:

Not going to this one, so wouldn't mind a draw tbh (selfish lol). 

I want to be there when Sir Paul's famous revival begins.

I agree with this, maybe the SFA will let us rent out Murrayfield or Hampden for our first game in 2018 so that more people get to see the start of Sir Paul's revolution.

If Sibbs and Taiwo are back, I fully expect to see a midfield masterclass. Taiwo doing the dirty work we've been missing for weeks, Mark Kerr playing deep, doing what he does best (pinging passes and slapping asses) and Sibbald a bit further forward so he can unleash the lethal weapon Alex Harris.

1 hour ago, ilostmyself said:

I agree with this, maybe the SFA will let us rent out Murrayfield or Hampden for our first game in 2018 so that more people get to see the start of Sir Paul's revolution.

Nah. If we were Hearts or Celtic then yes but we're Falkirk, so no. 

Archived