Scottish Cup 14/15 Champions v Scottish Cup 14/15 Runners Up

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Then you had our problem where parts of ours wasn't working. I actually thought you had the inflatable things that's seemed as effective as undersoil heating.

I personally think our location and weather should be enough for fans and the people who run our game accept postponements from time to time, tho at a respectable call off point if in any danger

You'd have to ask our groundsman who would give you chapter and verse if you've got a spare couple of hours :lol: but apparently the playing surface is much poorer since 2004 when it was installed, and more prone to waterlogging. From the opening in 1996 to promotion to the SPL in 2004, we only lost 1 or 2 games to the weather.

Being next to the sea the frost is very seldom an issue at TCS, although I can understand it's a bigger problem where you are in the Forth Valley and other places like Broadwood.

15 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

You'd have to ask our groundsman who would give you chapter and verse if you've got a spare couple of hours :lol: but apparently the playing surface is much poorer since 2004 when it was installed, and more prone to waterlogging. From the opening in 1996 to promotion to the SPL in 2004, we only lost 1 or 2 games to the weather.

Being next to the sea the frost is very seldom an issue at TCS, although I can understand it's a bigger problem where you are in the Forth Valley and other places like Broadwood.

Our pitch when grass was superb till we lost our groundsman Jim Dawson to the SRU for murrayfield. 

We replaced him with folk who didn't have the same knowledge and expertise as Jim, I'm sure he popped into help assist with the mess that came after him on an occasion, the faulty under soil heating probably didn't help, choosing a new technology ush didn't do us favours, thankfully the artificial pitch chosen on similar conditions hasn't bit us on the arse this time.

Countdown to pitch inspection

2 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Yes and it ruined our pitch as frost was rarely a problem. I'm guessing you're young or you would know this. There was a daft SPL rule which made it compulsory. A wiser option would have been to make it optional and clubs accept a fine if the pitch was frostbound. A rule that should have been scrapped along with the 10000 seats.

I always liked the SPL and their rulebook.

Didn't see any problems with it at all.

Game off.

Waterlogged pitch?

Ridiculous to expect anyone to travel such a distance on a Tuesday night. It should never have been rearranged for tonight in the first place. Could easily have been held back until March when the weather is probably better as we don’t have a fixture backlog at present.

Wake up SPFL!

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Waterlogged pitch?

Ridiculous to expect anyone to travel such a distance on a Tuesday night. It should never have been rearranged for tonight in the first place. Could easily have been held back until March when the weather is probably better as we don’t have a fixture backlog at present.

Wake up SPFL!

Aye waterlogged pitch. I'd guess maybe a wee bit frozen too so whilst the USH would have dealt with that the pitch would still have been saturated. Bizarre to think it would be fine to play on a couple of days after the original cancellation. Wouldn't be overly surprised if the match against Dumbarton gets called off.

Do both clubs not arrange when it will be played rather than the SPFL?

Fair point. I am actually not sure although I would imagine the SPFL would require to at least ratify the date.

However I would struggle to get my head around why my club would actually have wanted to schedule the game for tonight...

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Fair point. I am actually not sure although I would imagine the SPFL would require to at least ratify the date.

However I would struggle to get my head around why my club would actually have wanted to schedule the game for tonight...

Until the week before Xmas the normal practice for weather postponements is second midweek following if it's available and whatever the next available midweek after that is if it's not. The clubs can agree to go for the immediate midweek though. Presumably as Falkirk already have a midweek game next midweek then that's what they decided to do. Generally, unless the clubs specifically want to, they won't make them midweek replay in January.

Guest Back Post Misses
Until the week before Xmas the normal practice for weather postponements is second midweek following if it's available and whatever the next available midweek after that is if it's not. The clubs can agree to go for the immediate midweek though. Presumably as Falkirk already have a midweek game next midweek then that's what they decided to do. Generally, unless the clubs specifically want to, they won't make them midweek replay in January.

That’s at Livingston. Temperatures not above 1 or 2 till Sunday/Monday then a thaw.

Pish with rain now please after we roll the Mighty Hedge over on Saturday to make Dumbarton even more unplayable than it usually is just before Christmas.

The new squad arrives for the trip to the grasses at New Year. Dobbie can have the three points on the 30th if he wants

Archived