Scottish Cup 14/15 Champions v Scottish Cup 14/15 Runners Up

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Who says it's going to cost money?

I believe the intention is to do this cash neutral. I don't know the specifics of how that will be achieved and if I did I wouldn't post it here, but it's not hard to make an educated guess.

We have a number of players who at the start of the season most Falkirk fans thought were very good. They haven't performed but I'm sure there will be other managers who would happily take a chance on them. Particularly if the other club were only paying a portion of their salary from now until the end of the season. The persistent "Loy To St Mirren" rumour which has appeared a few times on P&B is an example of this. 

There's also the fact that we have a much larger playing squad than many other clubs in the division so there are a lot who can go out on loan to free up wages. Get rid of two squad players and bring in one quality guy who's on less than the two combined.

Of course, it'll all depend on whether we can find clubs willing to take our players. (probably on loan)  The fact that we've already put three out on loan, outwith a transfer window, shows it can be done though. Especially when you consider that none of the three were rated all that highly by the Falkirk support and so may not have been first the ones who would spring to mind if you were cherry picking from our squad.    

All speculation on my part, but I think it's going to be a busy and interesting January. We may be about to see the sort of wheelings and dealings that haven't been witnessed at Falkirk since the days of Jim Jefferies.

I just hope PH is good at spotting players because our season - and our survival - will probably depend on it.

Lets see if I've got this right, from the gist of it the way forward for Falkirk is to offload all the shite players, he mentions there are a number of them, and then bring in one quality guy who will turn the season around?

So Falkirk will still be paying half wages of all the shite players they put out on loan plus either pay a bunch for a quality guy or half of his wages if he's  from one of the top three teams, which he would have to be.

I'm sure there are many  managers looking for shite offloaded Falkirk players.

Ponzi ??

23 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Lets see if I've got this right, from the gist of it the way forward for Falkirk is to offload all the shite players, he mentions there are a number of them, and then bring in one quality guy who will turn the season around?

So Falkirk will still be paying half wages of all the shite players they put out on loan plus either pay a bunch for a quality guy or half of his wages if he's  from one of the top three teams, which he would have to be.

Ponzi ??

1) Except that not what he said is it?

2) We have 3 players out on loan already that we didn't think we'd be able to offload so there may well be more managers who would take a chance on some more. 

42 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Interestingly enough, I heard a rumour that your manager is one of them. It may be a load of tosh of course, as many rumours are, but if one of our less-than-stellar signings turns up at the Tulloch Stadium in January that post may just get thrown back in your face.

You have a track record for it, after all. You took John Baird off our hands at a time when a large number of Falkirk fans wanted shot of him.

Guest Back Post Misses
No fucking chance of this going ahead. It was baltic last night, baltic today still and forecast to be minus 6 overnight.

To top it off a front may well come in tomorrow afternoon with snow on its leading edge making the A9 a horror show.

Any sensible governing body would look at forecast well in advance and put games off in a timely fashion.

They knew the forecast was to have temperatures as low as -15 so putting the re-arranged game on so soon after a dump of snow was as ludicrous as
it gets.

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

To top it off a front may well come in tomorrow afternoon with snow on its leading edge making the A9 a horror show.

Any sensible governing body would look at forecast well in advance and put games off in a timely fashion.

They knew the forecast was to have temperatures as low as -15 so putting the re-arranged game on so soon after a dump of snow was as ludicrous as
it gets.

It should be put off latest 9am tomorrow if they have any sense (I know!!)

54 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

What a cowardly bunch. No wonder you lot chucked the 2014/15 Scottish Cup Final from a dominant position. What a feeling that was - truly a once in a lifetime experience.

Yea, I think you're probably right.

10 hours ago, thelocalcat said:

Do Inverness have USH?

Yeah we do. Press and Journal saying that the pitch has been cleared and the USH switched on. Maybe it will go ahead after all?

11 hours ago, thelocalcat said:

Do Inverness have USH?

Yes and it ruined our pitch as frost was rarely a problem. I'm guessing you're young or you would know this. There was a daft SPL rule which made it compulsory. A wiser option would have been to make it optional and clubs accept a fine if the pitch was frostbound. A rule that should have been scrapped along with the 10000 seats.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Get yerselves tae f**k with this. Cancel it now.

I had a wee coupon on that needed ICT to beat you lot. Will Hill have bumped this tie and paid on the lower amount and I'm glad - quite fancy your recovery to start here. 

41 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Yes and it ruined our pitch as frost was rarely a problem. I'm guessing you're young or you would know this. There was a daft SPL rule which made it compulsory. A wiser option would have been to make it optional and clubs accept a fine if the pitch was frostbound. A rule that should have been scrapped along with the 10000 seats.

Then you had our problem where parts of ours wasn't working. I actually thought you had the inflatable things that's seemed as effective as undersoil heating.

I personally think our location and weather should be enough for fans and the people who run our game accept postponements from time to time, tho at a respectable call off point if in any danger

Archived