Scottish Cup 14/15 Champions v Scottish Cup 14/15 Runners Up

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎09‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:58, Harry Kinnear said:

I don't see the immediate rush to get it played. Leave it until after January until we've signed our superstars, surely that would be the best option.

I think the SPFL are frightened of a fixture backlog, hence why they're trying to get games rearranged as quickly as possible.

I agree with you. Let's put it on in March, when the new players have bedded in, we're firing on all cylinders and the charge up the table is well underway.

9 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I think the SPFL are frightened of a fixture backlog, hence why they're trying to get games rearranged as quickly as possible.

I agree with you. Let's put it on in March, when the new players have bedded in, we're firing on all cylinders and the charge up the table is well underway.

Where are you getting the money for new players? Bawface is on less than the minimum wage as it is.

38 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Where are you getting the money for new players? Bawface is on less than the minimum wage as it is.

Who says it's going to cost money?

I believe the intention is to do this cash neutral. I don't know the specifics of how that will be achieved and if I did I wouldn't post it here, but it's not hard to make an educated guess.

We have a number of players who at the start of the season most Falkirk fans thought were very good. They haven't performed but I'm sure there will be other managers who would happily take a chance on them. Particularly if the other club were only paying a portion of their salary from now until the end of the season. The persistent "Loy To St Mirren" rumour which has appeared a few times on P&B is an example of this. 

There's also the fact that we have a much larger playing squad than many other clubs in the division so there are a lot who can go out on loan to free up wages. Get rid of two squad players and bring in one quality guy who's on less than the two combined.

Of course, it'll all depend on whether we can find clubs willing to take our players. (probably on loan)  The fact that we've already put three out on loan, outwith a transfer window, shows it can be done though. Especially when you consider that none of the three were rated all that highly by the Falkirk support and so may not have been first the ones who would spring to mind if you were cherry picking from our squad.    

All speculation on my part, but I think it's going to be a busy and interesting January. We may be about to see the sort of wheelings and dealings that haven't been witnessed at Falkirk since the days of Jim Jefferies.

I just hope PH is good at spotting players because our season - and our survival - will probably depend on it.

4 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Who says it's going to cost money?

I believe the intention is to do this cash neutral. I don't know the specifics of how that will be achieved and if I did I wouldn't post it here, but it's not hard to make an educated guess.

We have a number of players who at the start of the season most Falkirk fans thought were very good. They haven't performed but I'm sure there will be other managers who would happily take a chance on them. Particularly if the other club were only paying a portion of their salary from now until the end of the season. The persistent "Loy To St Mirren" rumour which has appeared a few times on P&B is an example of this. 

There's also the fact that we have a much larger playing squad than many other clubs in the division so there are a lot who can go out on loan to free up wages. Get rid of two squad players and bring in one quality guy who's on less than the two combined.

Of course, it'll all depend on whether we can find clubs willing to take our players. (probably on loan)  The fact that we've already put three out on loan, outwith a transfer window, shows it can be done though. Especially when you consider that none of the three were rated all that highly by the Falkirk support and so may not have been first the ones who would spring to mind if you were cherry picking from our squad.    

All speculation on my part, but I think it's going to be a busy and interesting January. We may be about to see the sort of wheelings and dealings that haven't been witnessed at Falkirk since the days of Jim Jefferies.

I just hope PH is good at spotting players because our season - and our survival - will probably depend on it.

All good stuff and sensible, but the last sentence is one which might draw a hollow laugh from the direction of the banks of the Tay...

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

No fucking chance of this going ahead. It was baltic last night, baltic today still and forecast to be minus 6 overnight.

Unless they've had the undersoil heating on.

Unlike Saturday, the game hasn't been called off a day in advance and there's a video on the FFC site with Hartley previewing the match. The club have made travel arrangements for tomorrow so all that suggests Inverness expect the game to go ahead.

5 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Unless they've had the undersoil heating on.

Unlike Saturday, the game hasn't been called off a day in advance and there's a video on the FFC site with Hartley previewing the match. The club have made travel arrangements for tomorrow so all that suggests Inverness expect the game to go ahead.

I wouldn't have thought they'd have the undersoil heating on with 3 inches of snow on the pitch, surely they'd clear that first. 

Unlike Saturday the kick off is 7.45pm not 3pm, which lends itself more to an early morning inspection still giving decent notice of a postponement. We shall see, though.

24 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

My only hope for this game, if it goes ahead, is that Hippolyte and Harris remember they actually need to do something for their wage leaving Davie Raven and Carl Tremarco with their lungs hanging out their arses.

We're doomed

Archived