Matchday 16

MichaelJayPark

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£5 was decent value for Stirling Uni v Strollers at Falkirk on Saturday. Bloody freezing but at least there was a nice warm concourse to retire to at half time (a decent concourse in a stand is a much underrated thing) and the pie was good.

Strollers edged the first half.. just. There must have been some team talk from the Uni coach though and they grabbed an equaliser just after the re-start and went on to dominate the 2nd half.

That's two LL games I've enjoyed in the space of a fortnight- better than yon SPFL pish.

12 hours ago, HTG said:

I took this in to get a snapshot of the top end of the LL. I think you're maybe a wee bit harsh on BSC.  I left with 15 to go as I was frozen to the spot but at that point there was nothing to indicate Shire could win the game. They'd scarcely tested the keeper and were getting deeper with the 10 men so I was shocked to find they'd won the game. 

I didn't see anything in the penalty award - looked very soft. But BSC looked much the likelier of the two to score in the 75 minutes I saw. That said, they didn't create that many clear chances. Smith looked like a lad who made intelligent runs but he never did so with the ball at his get. Grehan looked decent but was also well marshalled for the most part. A few others were obviously decent but carrying a fair bit of timber. 

When you watch these things as a neutral it's inevitable that you try and compare to your own team - unfair as it may be to do so on 75 minutes. I don't think I'd have taken many if any on the basis that they would significantly improve us but there were a number who wouldn't obviously weaken us either. Others would though. 

I was hoping to see Kevin Kelbie but it appears he's finished up. I'm pleased for Robbie McNab that he's at the right end of the table with a team this season after the horror of last season with us but yesterday wasn't one of his better days and I thought the game passed him by on the left side of midfield. 

Still can't get my head around BSC playing so far away from their club roots. Easy to say it's only Alloa and hardly the other side of the moon from Glasgow but it surely can't be a long term fix is it?  

Glad you made it along on Saturday and I do take your point regarding chances created, we had one ruled out for offside, one hit the post and missed a penalty, but that was pretty much that. I suppose my criticism of BSC is born out of frustration. Individual performances and the overall team performance fell below the high standards they have set this season.

Our current venue for home games is a temporary situation but it could be a while yet before its resolved. I do know however from speaking to several officials at the club it is something they are working on and will continue to work on until we get somewhere.

Archived