Matchday 16

MichaelJayPark

On 12/7/2017 at 16:13, HibeeJibee said:

£7 adults + £3 concessions according to their website. Must be about the steepest in LL but decent value compared to SPFL.

On 12/7/2017 at 16:41, Jerry Macguire said:

Shire charge more £8 if I remember correctly. 

Aye Shire take £8 although I suppose both BSC and Shire have rent to pay on their grounds still reasonable value though and you have the added benefit of the 2 best pie huts in the LL:lol:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jute said:

Spartans charge £7. Free entery tomorrow though if you bring donation to for food bank drive.

I hope if your going tomorrow your not in Aberdonian mode and nipping in to Morrison's to buy a value price tin of beans to get into the game on the cheap:lol:

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

I hope if your going tomorrow your not in Aberdonian mode and nipping in to Morrison's to buy a value price tin of beans to get into the game on the cheap:lol:

Of course not. I will buy 2. 

I see the games at Dalbeattie and Gretna are off due to frozen pitches. Suspect they will be the only 2 as the rest are on artificial. On the subject of what teams charge, Gretna have a unique set up. They don't do a concession, instead kids get in free but OAPs pay full price. Never seen that before.

28 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

I see the games at Dalbeattie and Gretna are off due to frozen pitches. Suspect they will be the only 2 as the rest are on artificial. 

Galabank passed an earlier inspection due to frost on the artificial surface. Game ON :)

Interesting also to look at next 5 weeks worth of games for the respective challengers:

BSC Glasgow
Sat 16 Dec ... Edinburgh Uni (A)
Sat 23 Dec ... Stirling Uni (A)
Fri 29 Dec ... Civil Service (H)
Sat 06 Jan ... Whitehill (A)
Sat 13 Jan ... Spartans (H)

East Kilbride
Sat 16 Dec ... East Stirlingshire (A)
Sat 23 Dec ... Selkirk (H)
Sat 30 Dec ... Edusport (A)
Sat 06 Jan ... Dalbeattie (A)
Sat 13 Jan ... Gretna (H)

Spartans
Fri 15 Dec ... Stirling Uni (A)
Sat 23 Dec ... Gala (H)
Sat 30 Dec ... Whitehill (A)
Sat 06 Jan ... Civil Service (H)
Sat 13 Jan ... BSC Glasgow (A)

Things equally hot at the bottom where Vale and Dalbeattie are becoming separated a bit.

Lots of interesting games coming-up given Whitehill, Edusport, CSS and Gala are directly above:

Vale of Leithen
Sat 16 Dec ... Edusport (H)
Sat 23 Dec ... Whitehill (H)
Sat 30 Dec ... Selkirk (A)
Sat 06 Jan ... Hawick (A)
Sat 13 Jan ... Gala (H)

Dalbeattie
Sat 16 Dec ... Gala (A)
Sat 23 Dec ... Hawick (A)
Sat 30 Dec ... Gretna (H)
Sat 06 Jan ... East Kilbride (H)
Sat 13 Jan ... Edusport (A)

Hawick
Sat 16 Dec ... Whitehill (A)
Sat 23 Dec ... Dalbeattie (H)
Sat 30 Dec ... Gala (A)
Sat 06 Jan ... Vale of Leithen (H)
Sat 13 Jan ... Selkirk (A)

2 hours ago, AlansHotBath said:

1-0 win for Shire in Alloa, with a goal from a late free kick. Great result for us especially after going down to ten men

Totally deserved your win today. I think big Paolo's missed penalty galvanised the Shire players. For long spells after that it looked like we were playing with 10 men and then we were.

I have to say the ref. had a nightmare, both sending offs were soft. For the first one all he had to do was pull the lad aside and have a word,  "looked you've just been booked calm it or your off" or something along those lines. As for the Donnelly booking, I actually thought it was a good tackle, but if it was a foul the that is all it was.

Shire are on a great run and today's win should give their players confidence of achieving a top 4 finish. 

As for us we need to be more ruthless in the last third, we created some decent chances but for the most part the Shire back line looked comfortable.

Not mind games judge. If they win there 4 games in hand i think they will be very hard to catch in my opinion. They look strong. Obviously a long way to go but if they win games in hand they will be in strong position. Shire looking really strong now aswell ever since they gave us a skelping. As you say big chance missed for us today.

7 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Not mind games judge. If they win there 4 games in hand i think they will be very hard to catch in my opinion. They look strong. Obviously a long way to go but if they win games in hand they will be in strong position. Shire looking really strong now aswell ever since they gave us a skelping. As you say bid chance missed for us today.

Points in the bag are always best. But it gives Spartans a chance now.

They've played 14 of 30 league games.  Might be a tad early for the 'mind games'? default_laugh.png

Mind games? Not sure if spartans manager will be on here looking at the post and thinking, johnmc80 thinks we are dead certs for the league. Thats us f@*ked now.[emoji16]

Mind games? Not sure if spartans manager will be on here looking at the post and thinking, johnmc80 thinks we are dead certs for the league. Thats us f@*ked now.[emoji16]

Spartans still have the shire to play twice and with Bolo in our defence we look a lot harder to score against. Biggest game of the season next week just hope we can keep it going.

4 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

Mind games? Not sure if spartans manager will be on here looking at the post and thinking, johnmc80 thinks we are dead certs for the league. Thats us f@*ked now.emoji16.png

Your posts are getting printed out and stuck up on the Spartans dressing room wall

On 09/12/2017 at 19:28, Jerry Macguire said:

Totally deserved your win today. I think big Paolo's missed penalty galvanised the Shire players. For long spells after that it looked like we were playing with 10 men and then we were.

I have to say the ref. had a nightmare, both sending offs were soft. For the first one all he had to do was pull the lad aside and have a word,  "looked you've just been booked calm it or your off" or something along those lines. As for the Donnelly booking, I actually thought it was a good tackle, but if it was a foul the that is all it was.

Shire are on a great run and today's win should give their players confidence of achieving a top 4 finish. 

As for us we need to be more ruthless in the last third, we created some decent chances but for the most part the Shire back line looked comfortable.

I took this in to get a snapshot of the top end of the LL. I think you're maybe a wee bit harsh on BSC.  I left with 15 to go as I was frozen to the spot but at that point there was nothing to indicate Shire could win the game. They'd scarcely tested the keeper and were getting deeper with the 10 men so I was shocked to find they'd won the game. 

I didn't see anything in the penalty award - looked very soft. But BSC looked much the likelier of the two to score in the 75 minutes I saw. That said, they didn't create that many clear chances. Smith looked like a lad who made intelligent runs but he never did so with the ball at his get. Grehan looked decent but was also well marshalled for the most part. A few others were obviously decent but carrying a fair bit of timber. 

When you watch these things as a neutral it's inevitable that you try and compare to your own team - unfair as it may be to do so on 75 minutes. I don't think I'd have taken many if any on the basis that they would significantly improve us but there were a number who wouldn't obviously weaken us either. Others would though. 

I was hoping to see Kevin Kelbie but it appears he's finished up. I'm pleased for Robbie McNab that he's at the right end of the table with a team this season after the horror of last season with us but yesterday wasn't one of his better days and I thought the game passed him by on the left side of midfield. 

Still can't get my head around BSC playing so far away from their club roots. Easy to say it's only Alloa and hardly the other side of the moon from Glasgow but it surely can't be a long term fix is it?  

Archived