Who will be Brechin's first?

Brechin's first win?  

319 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Got to feel sorry for City fans. I know sympathy or pity won't be top of their lists, clearly "3 fucking points" will be scribbled manically and repeatedly in fading biro over their "what do we want from the game today" notepad.

Obviously as a St Mirren fan I saw the best and worst of being in the situation they are now. At least for us, we had the opportunity to gut a Rae/Murray built squad and had quality youth players capable of making the step up. My in depth knowledge of the City team and their finances escapes me at the moment but one would presume that situation is unlikely here.

They will get their first win, of that there is no doubt, far too many teams in this division are inconsistent, and a simple "law of averages" will come into play, but I feel it will come at no great benefit other than morale.

It must be really difficult for Dods. The board have stood by him, but it's probably now at a point of no return. 17 points is a fucker of a distance to cover, even over 18 odd games, and I guess now is the time you sit back and say "right, f**k it, we're down but we have 6 months to get this team ready for the challenge of winning the 1st division* next year".

* I say "1st" in the modern setup, yet all experience screams I should call it the 2nd division.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is there any point in that? Surely it's better to just make as much money as possible and aim to come back stronger next time? Barring a miracle, new signings aren't going to prevent relegation.

We pulled off a miraculous relegation escape a couple of years ago. St Mirren did the same last season from our current position (that Relegation Express thread, lol) and are now knocking on the Premiership's door. That could be us next year baby. One can but dream...

On ‎04‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 11:11, Hedgecutter said:

We pulled off a miraculous relegation escape a couple of years ago. St Mirren did the same last season from our current position (that Relegation Express thread, lol) and are now knocking on the Premiership's door. That could be us next year baby. One can but dream...

That's not dreaming, that's trippin.

Would be something else if it happened though.

This is like a game of pass the bomb. Each team is delighted to get their game against Brechin out the way, but shiting it in case they're still winless by the time they're playing them again. 

Come back to where you belong  :-)  its not fair all those big boys up there in the championship  bashing you around , I know how it feels being an alloa fan 

you are guaranteed a few wins if you come back .. i miss your s*itey pies and that hedge , makes me feel at home as i have a big hedge in the garden too, 

Anyway i shall be patient and wait til next season ...Shalom!

25 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

Come back to where you belong  :-)  its not fair all those big boys up there in the championship  bashing you around , I know how it feels being an alloa fan 

you are guaranteed a few wins if you come back .. i miss your s*itey pies and that hedge , makes me feel at home as i have a big hedge in the garden too, 

Anyway i shall be patient and wait til next season ...Shalom!

To be honest the patter up here is much more civilised than the pish you lot rattle out. 

4 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

To be honest the patter up here is much more civilised than the pish you lot rattle out. 

Ooooh listen to you ..getting all high and might y up there are we  :-) enjoy it while you can , as has been said once relegation is assured you will win 3 in a row or something like that ..

Archived