Who will be Brechin's first?

Brechin's first win?  

319 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I can't see Brechin winning until the final two games of the season, where a club might downtools, play kids or have reached their final position and rest players for either injuries or suspensions pre play offs.

Surely by the time the opponent has downed tools then Brechin will be relegated and downed tools too?

Basically this is no excuse for losing to Brechin

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I can't see Brechin winning until the final two games of the season, where a club might downtools, play kids or have reached their final position and rest players for either injuries or suspensions pre play offs.

They didn't have the same grit or determination they perhaps had previously, there defending last night made our defence look like a 70s Italian international defence..

I did hear this.  Our defence has gone from being one of the tightest to a shambolic wreck in a matter of months.  We have started  giving most teams 2 goals of a start before starting to play ourselves.   When we have a go at teams we are quite effective so now is the time to throw caution to the wind and start concentrating on attack . 

57 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Did Cowden really overspend? I don't ever seem to recall them hugely spending outwith their means whilst they were up here. If anything a succession of utter shan appointments in Nicholl, Nish (a truly baffling appointment) and Fox led to their downfall. Nish in particular was an absolute shocker.

Whilst I didn't expect Brechin to pull up any trees this season to be without a single victory by February is an awful record. Bagging Adamson and appointing Murray is probably the best decision our board have ever made in my time following Dumbarton. I remember there being a bit of discontent amongst supporters when it happened but once Murray started racking up the points that was quickly forgotten about.

I've seen a bit of chat that the money earned this season will allow Brechin to compete in League 1 next season but what happens if you're promoted again? Another acceptance of relegation in order to accumulate money to for another shot at the League 1 title? If you're up here you may as well give it your best shot IMO.

It does appear that way with Cowden given the position they are in now.  I seem to recall a lot of chat around that time about them possibly having to move away from CP and the financial disaster that would cause. 

As for us I think we would be better prepared next season should we be in a position to go up again.  We certainly now realise the standard is considerably higher and know what to expect. 

1 hour ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

If you were accepted into university and didn't turn up to tutorials or hand in coursework- just collected your loan/bursary- you would be kicked out well before the end of the first semester and forced to pay some of it back.

Not in my day, you weren't! :lol:

Cowdenbeath were/are an absolute joke but they seem like an all-conquering force compared to this lot.

I went along to the game last night and was stunned to see Brechin losing just about every single second ball in the opening 45 minutes. There's nothing wrong with being outclassed or out of your depth but it must have been very distressing for the Brechin fans to see their side totally outfought as well. Could and should have been at least 4-0 at the break.

In fairness, they definitely improved in the second half but that was largely caused by Falkirk completely switching off. I'd have been delighted with a 3-1 defeat if I was Darren Dods.

Thought Watt and Layne did well off the bench but defence and midfield were so slow and switched off constantly. Wasn't difficult to see why they've lost every single away match.

Fear not though! I think most Dunfermline fans realise that I have cursed us all with this thread and we will fall to a feeble defeat at Glebe on the 27th; hope Gary Fusco gets the winner.

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

It does appear that way with Cowden given the position they are in now.  I seem to recall a lot of chat around that time about them possibly having to move away from CP and the financial disaster that would cause. 

Nah, Bring Back Paddy Flannery is right, the Cowden comparison is pish. The reason they continued to fall after relegation from the Championship was terrible managerial appointments. The Central Park issue is nothing to do with their time in the Championship either. 

45 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Nah, Bring Back Paddy Flannery is right, the Cowden comparison is pish. The reason they continued to fall after relegation from the Championship was terrible managerial appointments. The Central Park issue is nothing to do with their time in the Championship either. 

Perhaps those managerial appointments fell more in line with their realistic  budgets . ;)

5 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

If you were accepted into university and didn't turn up to tutorials or hand in coursework- just collected your loan/bursary- you would be kicked out well before the end of the first semester and forced to pay some of it back.

SO when your team sold their best players (some to the competition in your own division) and put money before aspiriations to do well in the league you don’t see that as being the very thing you are accusing us of? You gave up the chance of being competitive for money which is the other side of the same coin as us not blowing the future of the Club by chucking cash we don’t have at a impossible problem.

PLUS I have not seen one game this season where our players have done anything but given 100% effort so your university analogy is pointless.

13 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

..... just chasing the money and making no effort to be remotely competitive is bringing the game into disrepute and shaming Scottish football. If bigger clubs did the same it would cause huge social unrest. Football is the country's national sport.

Hang on, isn’t that The Govan Sevco Derry Wall Defenders FC ??

2 hours ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Hang on, isn’t that The Govan Sevco Derry Wall Defenders FC ??

Talking of which, the top tier has gone from a competitive 2 horse in race 2010/11,  to a competitive 1 horse race. the last 7 seasons, about time they introduced a handicap system. Brechin should get 30 points of a start this season.

15 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

It's quite amusing that the fans on here ridiculing City are mostly from clubs who have faced severe financial problems all due to living outwith they re means .

It's not quite as amusing as failing to win any of 23 league games at this level and being de facto relegated at the start of February though. Indeed literally none of the clubs you whine about - even when fielding absolute ringers while in administration - have racked up such a shameful record of failure at this or any other level of the game. 

Finances are a straw man argument anyway. If Brechin didn't have an absolutely clueless manager that they have bizarrely kept on, then they'd probably be in the low double figures for points by now; they're hardly competing in 1990s Serie A. 

Surely by the time the opponent has downed tools then Brechin will be relegated and downed tools too?
Basically this is no excuse for losing to Brechin

How many times have relegated teams started winning though,? It seems to happen a lot, although maybe I'm just remembering wrongly.

Archived