Who will be Brechin's first?

Brechin's first win?  

319 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Could be wrong but I think the lowest total is 10 points with one solitary victory, 'achieved' by Clydebank in the 99/00 season.

I looked at this a couple of years back when Alloa were struggling. Since the 4 division set up started in 94/95 the worst records were as follows;

1. Clydebank 99/00 10 points

2. Dumbarton 95/96 11 points

3. East Fife 96/97 14 points

4. Arbroath 02/03 15 points

5. Raith 04/05 16 points

6. Stranraer 94/95 17 points

7. Brechin 05/06 17 points

8. Stranraer 98/99 17 points

9. Stirling 10/11 20 points

10. Alloa 15/16 21 points

11. Airdrie 12/13 22 points

12. Stirling 07/08 24 points.

Pinky Campbell got the sack that season and we thought then we were poor .Although he signed a helliva hasbeens. We re now the laughing stock in the media .We knew it would be a struggle but we ve lost that wee bit oomph we had up till Xmas.

For being a team that no one cares for there's always a great interest in us [emoji3].
Or are we just neep chapping , tattie howking, Massey driving , seaside league easy targets [emoji47][emoji47][emoji47]

You are actually the best supported team in the division. Everyone wants you to win as long as your not playing our team....

When you consider that comparable permadiddy outfits  like Cowdenbeath managed to not only win games but survive for a few seasons at this level on their two men and a dog support, the 'poor, wee, plucky village club' excuse doesn't really stand up to scrutiny. A team that looked hopelessly ill-equipped for Championship football in May, so they decided to add no players of note and hope for the best. Which is working out well for them. 

When you consider that comparable permadiddy outfits  like Cowdenbeath managed to not only win games but survive for a few seasons at this level on their two men and a dog support, the 'poor, wee, plucky village club' excuse doesn't really stand up to scrutiny. A team that looked hopelessly ill-equipped for Championship football in May, so they decided to add no players of note and hope for the best. Which is working out well for them. 

Can't argue with that .

I have absolutely no idea why Dodds hasn't been sacked. As VT has said clubs similar to Brechin have stayed up never mind win a game, there's no excuse.

1 hour ago, AMC13 said:

I have absolutely no idea why Dodds hasn't been sacked. As VT has said clubs similar to Brechin have stayed up never mind win a game, there's no excuse.

He got them promoted when nobody thought they would, so kinda refreshing to see a board rewarding the manager for that and sticking with him no matter what. They were always favourite for coming straight back down anyway, and I think they accepted that by not spending to improve their team.

Hoppy may be in the same position next season if by some equally great feat he gets us promoted through the play offs.

He got them promoted when nobody thought they would, so kinda refreshing to see a board rewarding the manager for that and sticking with him no matter what. They were always favourite for coming straight back down anyway, and I think they accepted that by not spending to improve their team.

Hoppy may be in the same position next season if by some equally great feat he gets us promoted through the play offs.

Fluke promotion or not, no wins after 23 games is terrible and in most clubs the manager would be rightfully sacked.

Fluke promotion or not, no wins after 23 games is terrible and in most clubs the manager would be rightfully sacked.

When we were unexpectedly promoted, we sacked our manager after 9 winless games. Proved to be the correct decision.

6 hours ago, AMC13 said:

Like I said, refreshing for the board to show some loyalty to a manager, much like us last season when all our fans wanted Hoppy punted after we were relegated. Most clubs promoted would've chucked some money at their squad in an attempt to stay up, Brechin haven't done that, so unrealistic of anyone to think they'd do anything other than go straight back down. Ok they could've won a few games and went down with a bit of dignity showing fight, but it would still have been futile. Next season back in League One will be where Dods is judged, if he doesn't have them in the promotion end of the table i'd expect him to be punted. This season though, doesn't matter who is in charge they're going back down to League One.

8 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Surely a good chance that he won't be with you next season anyway?

Archived