Who will be Brechin's first?

Brechin's first win?  

319 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Brechin's plight, for me, really just serves to highlight exactly how fucking gash Raith were last season.

Was in the away end for the second leg at Starks with my brother. I've rarely had a better day at the football.

It was a ridiculous and hilarious game. I have absolutely no idea how Rovers didn't win.

4 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Was in the away end for the second leg at Starks with my brother. I've rarely had a better day at the football.

It was a ridiculous and hilarious game. I have absolutely no idea how Rovers didn't win.

Fantastic  .  You could see the rage in John Hughes .   ..........And Bobby Barr giving it the swagger before he missed his penalty !!! :lol:

45 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Fantastic  .  You could see the rage in John Hughes .   ..........And Bobby Barr giving it the swagger before he missed his penalty !!! :lol:

I think there was a sense in the Brechin fans that the tie was a total bonus. Didn't seem like many in the away end (myself included) actually expected Brechin to make it through.

Even the players looked amazed and delighted after the shootout. I'm guessing they felt this season would be going at least a little bit better than it has though...

I think there was a sense in the Brechin fans that the tie was a total bonus. Didn't seem like many in the away end (myself included) actually expected Brechin to make it through.
Even the players looked amazed and delighted after the shootout. I'm guessing they felt this season would be going at least a little bit better than it has though...

Raith pumped us first half first leg at home but we got a penalty on halftime changed whole tie . With most of our squad back fit we were actually looking and playing well for first time all season .But a lot of folk forget we were top of the league before our horrendous injury curse struck although Livvy were always gonna romp league .I think every player played a part in the play off s .. Some team spirit

Dirty cheating Dumbarton sabotage their pitch to put the pressure back on us.  :thumbsdown
Double FFC/BCFC header coming up, split up for us by the trip to Cove/Inverurie.
Brechin not got a game on the 10th, a rearranged fixture maybe?

We ve only 1 game in hand against you guys . Our much criticised park has nt had a game postponed this season [emoji12]

5 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Brechin have played 10 away league games this season and have managed to lose every single one.

A truly lamentable record but one they'll seek to improve tomorrow night at Falkirk. Can the 'Brechin Boys' do it?

No

On 30/01/2018 at 17:48, CITY1974 said:

Raith pumped us first half first leg at home but we got a penalty on halftime changed whole tie . With most of our squad back fit we were actually looking and playing well for first time all season .But a lot of folk forget we were top of the league before our horrendous injury curse struck although Livvy were always gonna romp league .I think every player played a part in the play off s .. Some team spirit

Everyone gets injuries. Brechin lost more games than they won and conceded more goals than they scored in League 1 last season. Tremendous spirit - and some good fortune - to win the play-offs, but truth is that Brechin were a mid-table side from the third tier. You'd have needed to bring in a lot of good players to be competitive in the Championship. You didn't.

Flip side is that with prize money for finishing the 10th in the Championship and the Celtic cup money that Brechin should be set up well to build a better squad for next season.

Archived