Who will be Brechin's first?

Brechin's first win?  

319 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Whoever it is should be given a 30 point deduction for the shame of it all

Get knotted! That means we'll be on - 21 going into the matches next weekend!

Will mean we might struggle to overhaul DU at the top, but I suppose it's only fair to give them a head start; keeps it interesting.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Get knotted! That means we'll be on - 21 going into the matches next weekend!

Will mean we might struggle to overhaul DU at the top, but I suppose it's only fair to give them a head start; keeps it interesting.

I think Dundee might still have some of those 'moral champions' t-shirts kicking about that your club could buy

We shoulda beat Dumbarton home and away but self destructed.

I'm with BBPF on this one. At home, yes we were far from our best, but you guys got reduced to ten men and we took full advantage. If Dundee United or St. Mirren had done similar you'd not have said you should've beaten them in those circumstances would you?

We deserve to be rock bottom because we re short of an attacking threat .We re set up to defend defend defend and then see where we are going into last 20 mins or so . I have no arguments about us being bottom . We got promoted when club were nt financially prepared . All I ve done is list a few games I feel we ve dropped points .You must admit for the last half hour a seriously depleted Dumbarton side were gonna be happy with a draw that day . Then we conceded a freak own goal .I felt you guys were there for the taking but we never stepped up to it .. For what it's worth it m chuffed for Dumbarton doing so well .

I totally agree with you that Brechin's main shortfall this season is their toothlessness upfront. Against us the desire, organisation and teamwork was evident and I appreciate that given our positions in the table you'll see the games against us as points dropped, but at the Glebe as well there was only one team likely to win it. While we were hardly brilliant that day we were pushing for the winner and even though it was a freak goal off Willie Dyer, it was totally deserved. Therefore I disagree completely that at any stage we'd have been happy with a draw that day.

Brechin are an excellent club and I always enjoy my trips to the Glebe, their fans are very sporting and genuine, but unfortunately for you guys, it's just a case of you guys being on the pitch being of a standard not comparable to the rest of the division. I hope you guys pick up soon and do pick up a few wins, so long as it's not at the expense of The Sons!

14 hours ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

I'm with BBPF on this one. At home, yes we were far from our best, but you guys got reduced to ten men and we took full advantage. If Dundee United or St. Mirren had done similar you'd not have said you should've beaten them in those circumstances would you?

I totally agree with you that Brechin's main shortfall this season is their toothlessness upfront. Against us the desire, organisation and teamwork was evident and I appreciate that given our positions in the table you'll see the games against us as points dropped, but at the Glebe as well there was only one team likely to win it. While we were hardly brilliant that day we were pushing for the winner and even though it was a freak goal off Willie Dyer, it was totally deserved. Therefore I disagree completely that at any stage we'd have been happy with a draw that day.

Brechin are an excellent club and I always enjoy my trips to the Glebe, their fans are very sporting and genuine, but unfortunately for you guys, it's just a case of you guys being on the pitch being of a standard not comparable to the rest of the division. I hope you guys pick up soon and do pick up a few wins, so long as it's not at the expense of The Sons!

Would a certain Peterhead striker be interested in a return to Brechin?

Would a certain Peterhead striker be interested in a return to Brechin?

That's would have made a massive difference but he's on too good a thing up the road .Good wages and scoring for fun .
Plus The Hedge has given him dogs abuse for last 5 years [emoji34] ha ha ha when we play them it's a 1 man 90 minute verbal assault.. ( when he lasts 90 min s )
He could hack it at this level no problem. But he's a dying breed fair play to him for loyalty to The Blue Toon

40 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

That's would have made a massive difference but he's on too good a thing up the road .Good wages and scoring for fun .
Plus The Hedge has given him dogs abuse for last 5 years emoji34.png ha ha ha when we play them it's a 1 man 90 minute verbal assault.. ( when he lasts 90 min s )
He could hack it at this level no problem. But he's a dying breed fair play to him for loyalty to The Blue Toon

A bit harsh !    I know a few more who wind him up on a regular basis. 8)

The travelling to training was the main factor for him leaving us in the first place.  He is ideally situated at Peterheid and as was said the wages and bonuses there reflect the idolism he attracts from everyone there. 

The Poet  has a good point in that you really do get used to the good money . There are few if any part time club would be prepared to shell out what he is on up there ....and he knows it. 

Rory McAlister was offered full time football by several clubs wasnt he; bet wanted to remain part time to continue his apprenticeship in pluming (in Aberdeen I think).

So maybe his loyalty is also to his full-time employer?

Back to the subject of this thread I must say I'm astounded that Brechin haven't notched up a win yet. We've played them twice and twice they've made a game of it. I dont think many will be surprised by their position in the league but even so with the likes of Creighton and Sinclair in the side I would have expected them to sneak a win somehow.

13 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Rory McAlister was offered full time football by several clubs wasnt he; bet wanted to remain part time to continue his apprenticeship in pluming (in Aberdeen I think).

So maybe his loyalty is also to his full-time employer?

Back to the subject of this thread I must say I'm astounded that Brechin haven't notched up a win yet. We've played them twice and twice they've made a game of it. I dont think many will be surprised by their position in the league but even so with the likes of Creighton and Sinclair in the side I would have expected them to sneak a win somehow.

He laughed in the face of full time football as the best offer he got couldn't even come close to his daytime job's salary.  Put on top of that the part time wages and bonuses then you can see why he stayed put.  

Aye back to us , it is really frustrating but I reckon  (well hope)  once the first win comes on Saturday then there will be no stopping us !! ;)

1 hour ago, Silverton End said:

Isaac Layne's scored a couple of goals lately, but City should have pulled out all the stops to hang onto Trouten, a proven goalscorer is priceless in this League.

I reckon you could get a point at least v Falkirk this Saturday.

Trouten  was injury prone , a lot of the groin strains etc escallated  by driving up and down to training and matches .  Would have been a gamble hanging on to him this season as he only played a handful of games last season.   Albion are more suited to him as  can be seen.  Less driving meaning less chance of inflaming any injury meaning more game time. 

15 hours ago, Silverton End said:

Isaac Layne's scored a couple of goals lately, but City should have pulled out all the stops to hang onto Trouten, a proven goalscorer is priceless in this League.

I reckon you could get a point at least v Falkirk this Saturday.

I see the point about them needing a proven goalscorer but Trouten has never been a goalscorer at this level. He's firmly in the Chris Templeman mould of players who can score for fun in League 1 but are hopelessly out of their depth in the Championship.

In 76 games at this level across spells with Clyde, Airdrie and Ayr, he's managed 7 goals. I appreciate that he's a winger rather than being the focal point of the attack so that doesn't necessarily mean his all round contribution wouldn't have improved Brechin, but there's no reason to believe he'd have solved their goalscoring problems.

2 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

can 109 please vote for Dundee Unt don't want them to feel unwanted.

This is actually quite funny in that quite a lot of United fans and people within the club itself are still hurting at our draw with them at the glebe.  They see that as their worst result of the season so far.

I couldn't imagine the meltdown should we happen to beat them at New Year ! :lol:

14 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

It's us. It's fucking us. f**k Johnston f**k Fraser Aird f**k Dean Shels f**k the referee on the day and f**k Marko Rajamaki just because.

Did you deliberately say 'Shels' to avoid a complaint?

Archived