WOW

Growl3th

Think it's 11 years now since I started, not long before WotLK launched.

Legion has been a mixed bag. Great story, raids, dungeons, art and music, but ruined in some ways by the legendary system, titanforging and pvp. They've cranked up the RNG 1,000% and it's all about spinning the wheel like an obsessed gambling addict until you get the best stuff, rather than getting the best stuff from the hardest content. Not only in the gearing, but in all class specs as well. Procs that are completely uncontrollable and you either get lucky or you don't. Spin the wheel ya fucking lemmings. Makes me sad.

Still, I love WoW. I just want it to be better.

One thing to note is that the Mythic Dungeon Invitational was a massive success, with a huge audience on Twitch. Mythic+ has been a great addition to the game and I'm thinking about getting a team together and competing. I reckon they'll have to take a gamble and announce a bigger prize pot if they really want to get people playing the game and stirring up hype, because it pales in comparison to the money given out in League of Legends tournaments.

Mr X Jnr has been playing. He's been playing for free but wants the full game.

Whats the easiest/best way to do that? As he's already downloaded the game Im assuming I dont need to buy it again? Game had a copy for £9.99 which Im guessing includes a months play

Also, it will be for Christmas, so a box or card or something to open would be good

16 hours ago, Mr X said:

Mr X Jnr has been playing. He's been playing for free but wants the full game.

Whats the easiest/best way to do that? As he's already downloaded the game Im assuming I dont need to buy it again? Game had a copy for £9.99 which Im guessing includes a months play

Also, it will be for Christmas, so a box or card or something to open would be good

It's been a while since I've had to go through this process, but I've had a look and it seems that it still works the same:

• You buy the base game for £9.99 (likely the one you saw in GAME, which does come with a free month), which includes every expansion up to but not including the latest one.
  • The latest expansion is always sold separately. This expansion is called Legion, and can be found round about £35 --> Amazon.
  • While I would recommend getting Legion as well, there is no need to rush to get it until Mr X Jnr gets to the level cap, which could take anything between a few weeks and a few months depending on how much he plays.
  • To pay for the subscription, you will have to get him to log into his account on Battle.net and go from there. As Growl3th says, there is a discount for buying 3 or 6 month blocks. Personally I prefer a tenner coming out of my account every month rather than 52 quid every 6. You can also buy game time cards from shops.
  • In terms of potential future spending, expansions are usually released every two years, the next of which will probably be out in about September.
  • N.B. Obviously you are looking for a box for him to open, but you can also do it all on the Battle.net store.

4 hours ago, Vanquinho. said:

It's been a while since I've had to go through this process, but I've had a look and it seems that it still works the same:

• You buy the base game for £9.99 (likely the one you saw in GAME, which does come with a free month), which includes every expansion up to but not including the latest one.
  • The latest expansion is always sold separately. This expansion is called Legion, and can be found round about £35 --> Amazon.
  • While I would recommend getting Legion as well, there is no need to rush to get it until Mr X Jnr gets to the level cap, which could take anything between a few weeks and a few months depending on how much he plays.
  • To pay for the subscription, you will have to get him to log into his account on Battle.net and go from there. As Growl3th says, there is a discount for buying 3 or 6 month blocks. Personally I prefer a tenner coming out of my account every month rather than 52 quid every 6. You can also buy game time cards from shops.
  • In terms of potential future spending, expansions are usually released every two years, the next of which will probably be out in about September.
  • N.B. Obviously you are looking for a box for him to open, but you can also do it all on the Battle.net store.

Cheers, just what I was looking for :thumsup2 

Chucked it after MoP.

Just became stale IMO. New trailer looks cool. Lady Sylvanas' banshee form looks awesome.

FYI Richey there's still millions that play WoW and their complexion and sex lives are healthy.

• 1 month later...

I used to play wow years ago.  Gave it up around MOP time.  Had a wee shot of Legion but hated what they did to Rogue class.  A shame as I did all the hardcore pve stuff in BC to Wrath.  After that I really got into PVP as Rogue is great for Trololoing.  But lives change. All my friends stopped playing it.

I will add that even during my wow time I had intimate feminine relations, but you wouldn't know her as she was from a different town and lived with her Gran.

Around the time it was super popular I dropped in to have a go of it, but I never quite got into it or saw the hype.  Can completely see why some would get engrossed in it but...meh.  I expect they'd feel the same if they watched how much I used to play Championship Manager back in the day.

Played from launch day, had a lot of fun with it throughout the years without being fully committed to it. Its telling that no-one else has really tried the same style of game since so itll be interesting to see what wow classic feels like.

Archived