Segregating Cyclists.

PB 4.2

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

You can use them on any tarmac free from the kind of shite that tends to end up littering unswept roadside cycle paths.

Well cycle in the park then and stay off the bloody road.

4 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

I'm sniffing that Yes vote

Remember when Yes voters (like myself) advised you to reel it?   It was for moments like the above.  

Cyclists should be forcibly collected and put to work on exercise bikes (8hr shifts, bread and water, hot-bedding) providing electricity for the nation and reducing our reliance on fossil fuels. The jobs they were previously commuting to could then be given to honest, hard-working motorists, who could drive to them in safety and at a higher speed.

Nearly knocked a cyclist down last night as I pulled out a junction, stupid fucker had a light no bigger than a 5p. With all the traffic behind him with their lights glaring me I couldn’t see him. 

31 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Nearly knocked a cyclist down last night as I pulled out a junction, stupid fucker had a light no bigger than a 5p. With all the traffic behind him with their lights glaring me I couldn’t see him. 

5 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

The old woman dressed in black cycling along Carnoustie high St at 7.40 in the morning is heading for an accident. IMO.

Mowing down a cyclist in the dark, who has just sailed through a red light, wearing dark clothing with no lights would  be the motorists fault.

Is what a cyclist would say.

On 12/5/2017 at 08:51, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I agree it's a good idea on paper, but they've built a segregated cycle lane between Milngavie and Hillfoot, and it's a total disaster. There have been countless accidents on the road because of it, emergency service vehicles have been stuck in traffic, people who don't know the area seem to pull out into it a lot, Cyclists sail over it without a care for pedestrians and, to top it all off, the hardman cyclists still go on the road so that they can gesticulate at drivers who politely suggest they use the lane.

Fortunately the proposed Phase 2 was scrapped by the Council.

https://www.milngavieherald.co.uk/news/phase-2-of-bears-way-is-not-going-ahead-1-4245341

That's mostly because pensioners in their Honda Jazz who canny drive and get flustered by a bigger kerb and 4x4 drivers pissed off they can't do 45mph down the road now right?  

I remember people saying how terrible it was and then I drove that way and noticed no difference. It's a 2 lane road that's now slightly narrower. Embarrassing the amount of fuss folk made! :lol:

11 hours ago, flyingscot said:

That's mostly because pensioners in their Honda Jazz who canny drive and get flustered by a bigger kerb and 4x4 drivers pissed off they can't do 45mph down the road now right?  

I remember people saying how terrible it was and then I drove that way and noticed no difference. It's a 2 lane road that's now slightly narrower. Embarrassing the amount of fuss folk made! :lol:

That's the problem with this thread, cyclists and cycle lanes are absolutely no bother to any decent driver, however most of the posters on here probably shouldn't be trusted with a go on mario kart...

42 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

That's the problem with this thread, cyclists and cycle lanes are absolutely no bother to any decent driver, however most of the posters on here probably shouldn't be trusted with a go on mario kart...

The decent driver is respectful of the underclass, until they break the law.   

The motorist has been pandering to the cyclist for far too long.   It's time to say "You've overstayed your welcome; lets get bikes off our roads, forever" 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

You really are a fanny.

The fanny is cycling on NYD at 7:20 pm on dark country roads.    

He's paid the ultimate price for his stupidity.

Archived