Hearts v Motherwell 9th Dec 2017

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We sounded like we created next to nothing on the radio. The radio also said they thought it was a foul on Campbell just before the Hearts goal.

There were definitely a few scares towards the end from my point of view

But that might be because we’re all so jittery after so many f**k ups

1 hour ago, Gianfranco said:

We sounded like we created next to nothing on the radio. The radio also said they thought it was a foul on Campbell just before the Hearts goal.

That seems to be Robinson's beef post-match. Basically saying that we had players in getting an opportunity to stake a claim and get in the team but they didn't really affect the game: "they're knocking on my door when the team are winning, the team aren't winning just now so go and take your chance. Stop knocking on my door and complaining."

We pissed away the first half with Bowman and Fisher causing zero threat and unable to hold up the ball meaning Tait and Frear were pushed back. Much better in the 2nd half with Tanner on for Fisher but we still lacked a cutting edge up front with too much play going away from the goal. Plenty of corners and freekicks won in dangerous areas for crosses but almost nothing from open play.

Hearts weren't great either but were actually creating attacks even if they amounted to nothing much apart from the goal which I think we have a couple of grievances over. A clear foul on Campbell in the build up then it looked like Lafferty played the ball with his hand.

On the "New Tynecastle Park", it was like a library. Atmosphere was dead compared to previous visits. Is there an 85 minute ban on singing in the safety certificate?

On the "New Tynecastle Park", it was like a library. Atmosphere was dead compared to previous visits. Is there an 85 minute ban on singing in the safety certificate?

I don’t know how things work at Fir Park but I think that not having won for 7 weeks may not have helped in generating a party atmosphere

I don’t know how things work at Fir Park but I think that not having won for 7 weeks may not have helped in generating a party atmosphere

I can never remember the words of the songs.

If l start Bing Rock Candy Mountain next week do you think everyone else will join in?

Shocking game.  Lafferty did well for the goal (albeit aided by our two sliding into each other) and Tanner put in a couple of excellent set plays but other than that the quality level was just about zero.  Not buying  that it was a foul on Campbell for the goal, would have been incredibly soft.  The ball did bounce off Lafferty's hand but no way did he mean it and by the letter nothing wrong with it. 

We're not good enough to play minus a key player in every area of the pitch and for all we probably merited a draw, I'll be thrilled to see some of them back on Wednesday night.

Archived