Hamilton Accies v St Johnstone 9 December 2017 3pm

Oh well, it's us who can neither score nor win (very often)  v the Hackies (if Neil Lennon is to be believed).

Personally, I think the Accies play some good football at times and like how their continued presence upsets all the big teams.

What do we have in common? We are both undefeated against the mighty and huge club that is Hibernian.

Last time (was it, it seems ages ago) we had Foster v Swanson, which was more entertaining than the game itself.

What'll happen this time?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hamilton unbeaten in six games now, we're hellishly out of form. Have it in my mind we generally do well there though, maybe miles out. I'm highly considering going but I'm a massive fucking dullard c**t, so I'd suggest there won't be many of us.

Clark

Foster - Anderson - Shaughnessy - Tanser

Millar - Paton

O'Halloran - Scougall - Wotherspoon

Hendry

Miles from what we'll get, as it'll likely by Paton and Davidson central, Scougall wedged on a wing and Alston central, with MOH up top, but hey ho. I'd like to think we'd have more chance of playing football with that line up, and Hendry at least deserves a run since hes been scoring goals at some form of level, whereas I doubt Cummins is even scoring in training. 

42 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Decent team RG,I’d have Gordon for Ando and Muzz for Paton,mostly for his height at set pieces,not expecting Tommy to agree with either of us

That's the team he should be playing.

But we all know he's a shitebag and will come up with some weird system that he has to change after 45 mins when it isn't working, when it was obvious after 2 minutes.

Very important game for me, as it decides whether or not I'll be badgered for a week from all my saintee mates. Also if we win we would climb above them, which would be glorious.

For us it's just a matter of keep going as we are. 

2-1 Accies (as we always seem to score and concede.)

What a bore fest this will be. 2 teams playing hoof ball and hacking down any poor fucker who dwells on the ball for more than 15 seconds. A draw would suit us but it’s a win win game for me. Whoever loses is deeper in the mire come 5pm. Personally I think Hamilton will fluke it and the Tommy will be one step closer to getting sacked [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Turns out we've got a sickness bug running through the squad now, four players down and training was cancelled to prevent it spreading. 

Literally everything going wrong just now.

We’ve played well at home once this season, against Aberdeen, so hopefully we can kick on from our fairly impressive display against Hearts. Most of the team picks itself.
We’re well capable of beating St Johnstone, as we are everyone except Celtic, and this is probably easier than our last 4 games. Why do I get the feeling this is only going one way?

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Turns out we've got a sickness bug running through the squad now, four players down and training was cancelled to prevent it spreading. 

Literally everything going wrong just now.

Thank f**k for this. I've been hoping another club would be dragged down to the bottom with us but the lower half of the table seem to be enjoying decent results and I figured we would be cut adrift over the next few weeks given that we're utter pish, 

I mean, I hope nobody dies due to this outbreak, but a wee bout of the skits for MOH and a couple of others might make things a touch less hopeless for us over the festive period....

7 hours ago, Fifespud said:

What a bore fest this will be. 2 teams playing hoof ball and hacking down any poor fucker who dwells on the ball for more than 15 seconds. A draw would suit us but it’s a win win game for me. Whoever loses is deeper in the mire come 5pm. Personally I think Hamilton will fluke it and the Tommy will be one step closer to getting sacked emoji4.pngemoji4.pngemoji4.png

I seriously didn't know Dundee were playing in this fixture.

A performance like the one produced at Easter Road will give us a chance but Accies are on a good run. Would finally agree it's time for Steven Anderson to be left out. Paton and Davidson together isn't such an issue away from home where there is less onus on us to take the game to the opposition and the latter bossed it at Easter Road. He also offers some much needed height at set pieces, which are a real problem for us this season.

As with almost all matches in the division, it's impossible to call.  We have, over the years, become used to just about every team being capable of beating (and losing to) just about every other team.  So, this game certainly is a classic example of it all depending on whose mojo is working on the day.  So, there should be no surprises.   There should be some decent football played, and some desperately dull passages as well.  Oh, and goals.  There will be goals, plural.  Beyond that, I have nothing to contribute.

'Got my mojo working, but it just... ... '

Same team please  Canzo, hopefully no monthly award vex as is the norm, Canning & Templeton were very deserved winners of the awards.

With St Johnstone struggling for goals and form we will hopefully benefit from McLeans abscence due to our pitch, good opportunity to leapfrog the saints and maybe widen the points difference between ourselves and clubs below us.

48 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

With St Johnstone struggling for goals and form we will hopefully benefit from McLeans abscence due to our pitch, good opportunity to leapfrog the saints and maybe widen the points difference between ourselves and clubs below us.

We played better down at yours with 9 men for the entire second half when you struggled to scrape a last minute winner than we have most of the season with 11.

Easy home win if Accies simply turn up.

29 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

For the first time ever in my lifetime I'm expecting my team to be beaten by Hamilton fucking Accies.

f**k my life.

You were our bogey team for many years.

St.Johnstone,Accies,Ross County,Killie etc can all beat each other;none have a divine right to Lord it over the rest of us in the grand scale of things.

Archived