bias in the press

coprolite

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, coprolite said:

should the press pick a side and say which one or pretend to be neutral like the beeb while sucking the nipple of vested interests?

i say the beeb should come out as tory.

The Paedophile Broadcasting Company is Labour / left leaning.

11 hours ago, coprolite said:

should the press pick a side and say which one or pretend to be neutral like the beeb while sucking the nipple of vested interests?

i say the beeb should come out as tory.

I think what you mean is the BBC isn't left wing enough for YOU. The Tory party see them as a left wing party that has an anti Tory agenda. Are you sure this isn't all part of the whole 'Mainstream media is bad, news from the internet that fits my views is good' thing. 

I think what you mean is the BBC isn't left wing enough for YOU. The Tory party see them as a left wing party that has an anti Tory agenda. Are you sure this isn't all part of the whole 'Mainstream media is bad, news from the internet that fits my views is good' thing. 

That's exactly what i mean.

I am quite centrist i think. I also seek out opinions that differ from mine to avoid the echo chamber effect.

There is very clear implicit bias in economic reporting in particular. opinions on the economy are sought from "business leaders" or forecasting bureaux but never from trade unions and seldom from proper academics. However, if there's a strike then the unions get asked what the problem is while the employer escapes any scrutiny.

As everything has a political angle, how can they maintain neutrality? should they even try?

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

I am quite centrist i think. I also seek out opinions that differ from mine to avoid the echo chamber effect.

There is very clear implicit bias in economic reporting in particular. opinions on the economy are sought from "business leaders" or forecasting bureaux but never from trade unions and seldom from proper academics. However, if there's a strike then the unions get asked what the problem is while the employer escapes any scrutiny.

As everything has a political angle, how can they maintain neutrality? should they even try?

Unbiased is a position that is probably impossible to be achieved as it involves a fair amount of perception. The BBC have an obligation to at least try and be unbiased, just my take but I think a lot of the criticism of the BBC news is based on the short bulletins, the longest news on the 'main' channels is half an hour so they're kind of limited in what they can cover. The BBC news channel does cover a lot more stuff. Probably all still biased of course, as anything that doesn't agree with an individual's viewpoint will be open to criticism.

I think the bigger problem is people searching out news that suits them, fair enough I suppose, but hardly unbiased either. Fake news has pretty much made any news that doesn't suit biased so I guess the whole thing is pretty fecked. :lol:

Hilarious how every paranoid idiot in politics thinks the BBC is against their ‘side’.

Skwarkbox is the worst of the new breed of anti MSM media. Pure poison and it’s utterly shameful a member of the shadow cabinet promotes it.

BBC in North Britain has always been labour in my lifetime, especially with all the internal and familial connections, but now they laud their old girl, colonel tRuthless too, as they now just unabashedly support our united kingdom and all the defenders of the establishment status quo, and give it Scotland is shite and SNPbad on every news bulletin and every political show

BBC in North Britain has always been labour in my lifetime, especially with all the internal and familial connections, but now they laud their old girl, colonel tRuthless too, as they now just unabashedly support our united kingdom and all the defenders of the establishment status quo, and give it Scotland is shite and SNPbad on every news bulletin and every political show

Sounds about right regards SNP.

On strikes, the reporting is all about the disruption caused, with nothing mentioned about why people have been forced to take the last ditch recourse of withdrawing their labour. Also, the recent RMT and ASLEF action has been slanted towards "greedy train drivers", totally ignoring that the action is to prevent operators reducing passenger safety in the name of profit.

Really? He won it back in September or something and didn’t even announce it or mention it. I bet 99% of the people greeting on had never heard of the award.

Paranoid idiots searching for something to feel hard done by about, again. I don’t think the people I visit day in day out who are struggling with Universal Credit give a flying f**k about his little award, certainly not as much as the new middle class membership of the Labour Party do in their little bubble. Not to mention Brexit.

42 minutes ago, BerwickMad said:

Really? He won it back in September or something and didn’t even announce it or mention it. I bet 99% of the people greeting on had never heard of the award.

Paranoid idiots searching for something to feel hard done by about, again. I don’t think the people I visit day in day out who are struggling with Universal Credit give a flying f**k about his little award, certainly not as much as the new middle class membership of the Labour Party do in their little bubble. Not to mention Brexit.

Must be hard mate watching your insignificant band of slugs getting progressively sidelined just as Labour become electable again. 

51 minutes ago, BerwickMad said:

Awarded this little known prize in September as you say, even RT didn't pick up on it till today.

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-has-the-media-ignored-good-news-about-jeremy-corbyn

Archived