Sons vs Livi

Two teams in pretty good form, always close games and I expect no different here.  Looks like we'll be without Mark Stewart and Froxylias which is a bit shite but the whole team are doing their bit right now and I have confidence in the boys who will fill in. Perhaps this will finally be the week we see Danny Handling IRL.

It would be nice if Livi could let us win here and then beat Falkirk in their game in hand, that wouldn't be too damaging to Livi's promotion hopes but would greatly assist our survival hopes. 

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair fucks to Livi, they are flying this season. This will be a tough game but if we can go to Paisley and get a result then we can get one here.

Stewart being out is a blow, he's been a big part of our recent good form. Morrison was back to being fairly ineffective on Saturday which has me worrying about him again, Nade however looked a lot sharper when he was introduced so I'd be tempted to start him.

54 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Perhaps this will finally be the week we see Danny Handling IRL.

Me to myself every week since about October.

Handling's return couldn't come at a better time, with Froxy and Stewart both out, Morrison not pulling up any trees and Nade still not looking ready for more than about 30 minutes of action. Excited to see what he can do for us too.

Livingston seem to be the full-time equivalent of us so far this season, where a combination of good management and a strong team spirit is seeing them perform far better than a few teams with greater squad strength and resources. This could actually be one of the toughest games we'll play all season because of that, and I can't see Livi producing a performance akin to St Mirren's on Saturday.

I wouldn't be shocked to see a 1-1/2-2 draw and, to be quite honest, I'd be really pleased with that.

Really really hoping Mullen is back fit for this one, would start him with Mackin up top for this game. Think with Froxy being out it's a huge help for us, a dangerous player. It'll open it up for Mullin down the wing as well getting balls into the box

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

Really really hoping Mullen is back fit for this one, would start him with Mackin up top for this game. Think with Froxy being out it's a huge help for us, a dangerous player. It'll open it up for Mullin down the wing as well getting balls into the box

Think Mullen was touch and go for the St Mirren game so would be surprised if he's not back for this one.

Still not sure about  our promotion hopes, last few years have fucked all my optimism and I'm convinced we'll go on a horrible run, maybe St Mirren was the start of that :lol:

Alexander; Lithgow, Halkett, Gallagher; De Vita, Penrice, Pittman, Byrne, Mullin; Todorov, Carrick.

Stevie Aitken Tactical Genius   1  -  1    Hopkin's Hammer Throwers 
Todorov and Halkett with our goals.

To be fair Froxy has only played about 70 minutes of football during our recent 6 match unbeaten run. As good as he is we seem to be coping fine without him.

Stewart is a bigger loss for me, although we did manage Saturday's result with him having to go off after 7 minutes.

28 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Froxy being out will actually give your man Mullin less space down the wing. Froxylias can be a joy on the ball but there is no doubt that his defensive work-rate and discipline leaves a lot to be desired.  We'll likely have Calum Gallagher and Ally Roy playing wide and both of them have excellent work-rates getting up and down the wing. I'm not sure balls into the box is the best way to beat us either mind you, Barr and Dowie will munch that all day long. 

Mullin's deliveries into the box have been exceptional this season, but defensively he's weak.

Was a hard game against Dumbarton when we played them at home, first half we dominated but 2nd half we had to hang on for dear life at times and were fortunate to get a late winner. I'd take that again and expect another difficult close game. 

I think Mullen will be ready to start, not really bothered who plays alongside him, Toddy or Mackin are equally good big strong hold up players for him to play alongside.

Home win, Dumbarton have been our bogey team for as long as I can remember - didn't head to the home game earlier in the season but I near enough collapsed when I seen the score!

Think I've seen us win twice through there, the infamous Iain Russell goal back in 2010 (?) and a thumping 5-1 win a few years back when Mark Burchill had not long been gaffer I think.

Really don't mind Dumbarton, without resorting to cliche ridden shite, they've been overachieving for a few seasons now and are the perfect example to all us fellow diddies how to get it done. Fair fucks.

3 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Think Mullen was touch and go for the St Mirren game so would be surprised if he's not back for this one.

Still not sure about  our promotion hopes, last few years have fucked all my optimism and I'm convinced we'll go on a horrible run, maybe St Mirren was the start of that :lol:

Alexander; Lithgow, Halkett, Gallagher; De Vita, Penrice, Pittman, Byrne, Mullin; Todorov, Carrick.

Stevie Aitken Tactical Genius   1  -  1    Hopkin's Hammer Throwers 
Todorov and Halkett with our goals.

Greenie well earned, sir.

Really tough game this for us here, Dumbarton unbeaten in 6, that right ? Great run for anyone at any level. 

Think we have lost on our last two visits to Dumbarton as well and looking back at the home game we really held on against them. 

First goal I think is vitally imporatant, the way both teams set up we both like to sit in and break so getting ahead could be the difference. 

Enjoy my trips through to the Rock, the bowling club is extremely handy for a quick pint and pie before the game, I have seen some comments on here this season about problematic parking this season ? Usually there isn’t any problems leaving the ground could some one elaborate ? 

Anyway looking forward to the game and hopefully we get a positive result to keep our good form going. 

Alexander, Mullin, Lithgow, Gallagher, Halkett, Penrice, Byrne, Pittman, Jacobs, Mullen/Carrick, Toderov. 

5 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Really tough game this for us here, Dumbarton unbeaten in 6, that right ? Great run for anyone at any level. 

Think we have lost on our last two visits to Dumbarton as well and looking back at the home game we really held on against them. 

First goal I think is vitally imporatant, the way both teams set up we both like to sit in and break so getting ahead could be the difference. 

Enjoy my trips through to the Rock, the bowling club is extremely handy for a quick pint and pie before the game, I have seen some comments on here this season about problematic parking this season ? Usually there isn’t any problems leaving the ground could some one elaborate ? 

Anyway looking forward to the game and hopefully we get a positive result to keep our good form going. 

Alexander, Mullin, Lithgow, Gallagher, Halkett, Penrice, Byrne, Pittman, Jacobs, Mullen/Carrick, Toderov. 

There was 1 game where the gate was kept closed when folk were trying to leave which caused a bit of an uproar and a few weeks ago there were roadworks but you won't have any problems this weekend. Parking at the ground for a quid (and a 50/50 draw ticket for that) or on the street will be fine.

Just now, The Moonster said:

There was 1 game where the gate was kept closed when folk were trying to leave which caused a bit of an uproar and a few weeks ago there were roadworks but you won't have any problems this weekend. Parking at the ground for a quid (and a 50/50 draw ticket for that) or on the street will be fine.

Perfect thanks for that, usually park in the car park with no problems so just wanted to double check as I would’ve parked on the street it’ll there was going to be. 

Top man :thumsup2

1 hour ago, andylivi1 said:

There are bigger issues with tambourines and drums than there is with parking.

1 hour ago, andylivi1 said:

In all honesty Livi give me the shakes more than Dundee United  or St mirren.They have found a knack of winning which is going to be extremely difficult to suppress.I think our 'run' will count for little on Saturday.Livi also rested after a tough midweek last week.If i were offered a point now i'd grab it.

On another note i think 40 points will not be enough to avoid 9th place.Once the bairns get it together as they will undoubtedly do,they will shoot past us.Livi are well ot of any relegation play offs so we need to get as many points on the board now while we are  playing confidently.

Nah, a Livi win with a Utd win/draw over Morton and Qos v Pars draw putting us 5 points clear of the 3 teams closest to us, that's much more appealing.

Oh and if Falkirk could lose to ICT and Brechin get their first win in the league to close the gap to 3 points on Falkirk just for the LOLS, that would be good too.

Archived