Sons vs Livi

Disappointing result today. A large part of the blame has to fall with Scott Gallacher. We were 1-0 up and playing fairly decent until his absolute clanger which completely changed the momentum of the game in Livi's favour. We are in serious need of another goalkeeper, we cannot afford to have a goalie that costs us points in this league.
The goals were absolute gifts, shambolic stuff at times and we desperately miss Mark Stewart as we were severely lacking movement going forward. Callum Gallagher is not good enough for this level, whether on the wings or up front, baffling if Stevie thought he was a better option up front today than Nade, although I'd suspect he didn't start the big man due to his 90 mins on Saturday. Fingers crossed we get a reaction from the players and bounce back in the Morton game on Saturday.

A goalie, left back and striker if possible this transfer window plz Stevie.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a doing today and it's a result that demonstrates the massive difference between us getting our best XI on the pitch and having to make do and mend - unfortunately we're on the bones of our arse right now with fixtures piling up.
People can claim that Gallacher's howler changed the course of the game but that ignores the evidence of what had already gone before.
I feel for Stevie Aitken and Ian Durrant as it won't be easy to alter much right now, never mind what already looks to be the grievous loss of Boomer.

That was a doing today and it's a result that demonstrates the massive difference between us getting our best XI on the pitch and having to make do and mend - unfortunately we're on the bones of our arse right now with fixtures piling up.
People can claim that Gallacher's howler changed the course of the game but that ignores the evidence of what had already gone before.
I feel for Stevie Aitken and Ian Durrant as it won't be easy to alter much right now, never mind what already looks to be the grievous loss of Boomer.

That begs the question...

Why the f**k did we agree to play this on Boxing Day?

A very impressive scoreline for Livingston. It seems going by the stats and the live text on the BBC website that it was a well-deserved win for David Hopkin's men too. 

It was an intriguing game for me as a neutral as both clubs had a lot to play for and considering the results at the weekend etc, I would've said a draw was possibly the likeiest outcome from today's match. 

Imo, this result shows that Livingston are definitely not going to drop away and they'll be in and around the play-off places come May. 

For Dumbarton, as has been mentioned above, they are clearly lacking a bit of quality despite the squad having an OK depth. With a few good additions in January, I don't see the Sons being in any relegation trouble tbh.

So glad I managed to get to game today. Some of the football we played in the midfield today with pittman byrne and Jacobs was a joy to watch. Think that resulted in Hutton lashing out on byrne and silly tackle on pittman. Declan had his best game in a while for us at the back , Rafa was brilliant and Jackson had his best performance of season today. Cadden shows some glimpses , Dylan Mackin was very good also. I love watvhing this team play. Brilliant today

Given our fairly horrendous record against Dumbarton in recent years, as well as our poor recent form, the win today was HIGHLY PLEASING. Completely unexpected, and a complete contrast from Saturday. Credit where it's due, I thought Mackin was a big lazy lump when he first joined but I see now that he was a really slow, unfit lump. He's obviously never going to have blistering pace but he contributed very well and fairly put himself about, definitely his best shift for Livi despite only netting once. Slowly beginning to like him, I don't think he'll ever not be a polarising figure amongst the support but if he keeps playing like today I'll be content. Quite telling as well that we looked a far more competent team in an attacking sense with De Vita starting; I'd say between him and Keaghan, that level of experience is enough to keep us ticking over during games and manage it well. Can't say anyone didn't impress me, disappointed Knox didn't put away the penalty but I guess something had to go right for Gallagher after the arse he made of the first and third goals...

Hoping Dumbarton have enough in the tank between now and May to keep Falkirk down in 9th, cheers.

7 hours ago, cameron2000 said:

We were playing very well and 1-0 up then Gallagher make the most fucking horrendous error and we lose all our threat from then on.

Absolutely fuming at how one man can ruin a game so badly.

You’ve forgotten Jamie Langfield?

Thought we dominated start to finish, Dumbarton never looked in the game at all. They scored against the run of play and rightfully we pegged them back.

All players looked immense today, very pleasing. 

Nade should've been off, Hutton rightfully off and could argue Barr should be off. Hammer throwers ;)

Me and my Livi supporting mate are going to the pub on the 30th before the Livi game with his other mate from Uni who happens to to be from Fife and supports Dunfermline. We are going to drink some beer and make jokes at his expense (because he's from Fife). Nothing to bad of course we don't want him to cry too early, not at least until 5:45GMT

Anyway what I'm trying to say is I hope Mackin starts on Saturday.

18 hours ago, cameron2000 said:

We were playing very well and 1-0 up then Gallagher make the most fucking horrendous error and we lose all our threat from then on.

Absolutely fuming at how one man can ruin a game so badly.

Slightly harsh on Gallagher. Granted he sold the jerseys for the equaliser, and its abundantly clear we need a new keeper assp as his mistakes are costing us points. However one man didn't cost us that game, the other 13 need to take their share of the blame too. We were never at the races yesterday and beaten by the better side.

Gallagher did save a penalty, so credit where's its due, but I'm beginning to think his motm award against Falkirk was for simply not making a howler.

A few things became clearer in my mind after the last two matches;

1. We don't have the strength in depth necessary to compete with a depleted squad. No real surprises there but more worrying was when we brought Nade and Froxy on at ht the performance didn't improve.

2. Callum Gallagher is no better than a squad player. Offers us very little and should be moved on in January.

3. Johnson isn't good enough. An earlier poster suggested he was a little boy in a mans game. Thin that sums it up perfectly.

4. The aforementioned keeper. We can ill afford his mistakes. Hesitant and prone to the fumble in game 1. Consistent since. Replace in January please.

5. We badly miss Stewart who's work rate and contribution is often underestimated. Boomer being out is also a blow.

I'll finish on a positive. We remain 8 clear of Falkirk and it was good to see Handling back playing.

1 hour ago, Consolidate said:

Wasn't at the game but extremely disappointed to learn we had a player sent off with minutes remaining whilst 4-1 down. With an already depleted squad, Aitken should rightly be seething at the player.

That might not be the end of our worries in that respect either - I'm not sure exactly but I think Barr and Nade could be close to suspensions too with their bookings yesterday. We could have an even more shambolic side out on Saturday.

I thought Livi were everything we should've been yesterday. Organised, strong, moved the ball well. Very disappointing for us and it puts a bit of pressure on us to beat Morton now. 1 point from 3 games at home against Falkirk, Livi and Morton isn't really good enough.

27 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

That might not be the end of our worries in that respect either - I'm not sure exactly but I think Barr and Nade could be close to suspensions too with their bookings yesterday. We could have an even more shambolic side out on Saturday.

I thought Livi were everything we should've been yesterday. Organised, strong, moved the ball well. Very disappointing for us and it puts a bit of pressure on us to beat Morton now. 1 point from 3 games at home against Falkirk, Livi and Morton isn't really good enough.

I thought Mango was booked too, but it seems to have gone down as being given to Dowie.  Based on that he's on five (league) bookings (six if you include the second against Dundee United) but apparently hasn't been carded since then. Nade's was only his third in the league so far, so he should be fine - even if picking up bookings for dissent is one of my biggest bugbears. 

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

It's quite simple; player-for-player Livi were better yesterday from 1 to 11 and then onto the bench, and if I thought that the immediate future for DFC was to simply hoof, slash and hack the ball aimlessly up the park as we've done in the last two home games then I'd welcome relegation, as this is truly brutal to watch.  On that basis, I can't envisage anything other than a Morton win this weekend, and beyond that who knows ?

We currently have far too many players who are sub-Championship standard, and Stevie will probably be limited in his ability to alter that situation.

It's quite simple; player-for-player Livi were better yesterday from 1 to 11 and then onto the bench, and if I thought that the immediate future for DFC was to simply hoof, slash and hack the ball aimlessly up the park as we've done in the last two home games then I'd welcome relegation, as this is truly brutal to watch.  On that basis, I can't envisage anything other than a Morton win this weekend, and beyond that who knows ?

We currently have far too many players who are sub-Championship standard, and Stevie will probably be limited in his ability to alter that situation.

These games might have been brutal to watch but the games at Dunfermline and St Mirren wern't and it was the same players

Archived