Sons vs Livi

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, optimistic said:

That’s appalling. Do Dumbarton not listen to weather reports? Another embarrassment

I'm not sure calling games off based on weather forecasts is the best idea. It would've been nice if we'd publicised a pitch inspection at 0900 or something - but ultimately I don't have an issue with it being carried out later in the morning to give the game the best possible chance of going ahead.

I'm not sure calling games off based on weather forecasts is the best idea. It would've been nice if we'd publicised a pitch inspection at 0900 or something - but ultimately I don't have an issue with it being carried out later in the morning to give the game the best possible chance of going ahead.

I have an issue with knowing the storm/temperatures expected, yet not putting covers out. We’re in good form. A break we didn’t need

Just now, optimistic said:

I have an issue with knowing the storm/temperatures expected, yet not putting covers out. We’re in good form. A break we didn’t need

As Dumbarton Rock (IIRC) explained though that might not have been possible with the Celtic game on midweek.

15 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

And that is exactly what happened.  Had it been called off at 8.30am there would have been a ritual chorus demanding to know why the pitch wasn't given every chance.  Everyone knows that the stand side is particularly difficult as it doesn't get the sun so in all honesty the postponement was inevitable, it is the timing that has become the issue.

As for the covers, these were never ever designed as pitch insulation; they are bales of plastic matting someone acquired from somewhere, and as Dumbarton Rock pointed out yesterday there is no guarantee that they wouldn't disintegrate as soon as they were lifted.  And that's always assuming that the two dozen volunteers we keep every winter in a cupboard were available to leap into action.

Chill people, and enjoy watching 'Ice Station Zebra' on TCM at 2.30 today.

4 hours ago, optimistic said:

The covers are impossible to handle if it's windy. Even when a team took two hours to lay  the covers in very moderate wind, the wind was still an issue.

clicky

• 2 weeks later...

I’m really hoping our boys can shake the flu off by Tuesday, after that today, looked very lethargic and lacked any real edge. Given Dumbarton have been a bogey side for us in recent years this has all the makings of a home win.

11 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Maley in goals - they will win and I will be a seething mess.

If Maley is in goals then Livi have ruined both Christmas and New Years, only Penrice and Austin in January can save it :D

Archived