Sign in to follow this  
glensmad

West Region restructuring play-offs - format ?

Give you credit where it's due, anyone who is unlucky enough to support a team that's dug meat and be so upbeat takes a lot so hats off tae ya

All pie in the sky just now, but recent poll showing 80% of fans favour doing a ‘kelty’ so believe we may be looking to ask our board to consider a vote of the clubs owners. Its all been covered on the Clydebank thread.

80%? When was the poll taken? How can we try to go senior any time soon without a ground? Yoker definitely isn’t up to the league standards unless it’s a complete overhaul of the entire site which would presumably take years.. Definitely still be playing in the juniors for the foreseeable future.

80%? When was the poll taken? How can we try to go senior any time soon without a ground? Yoker definitely isn’t up to the league standards unless it’s a complete overhaul of the entire site which would presumably take years.. Definitely still be playing in the juniors for the foreseeable future. 

Poll was last month. Holm park would be fine for the EOSL and LL when the lights and new pitch are in, there are avenues to explore in getting the terracing better etc. Again, as I said I wouldn’t be so sure we’ll be playing junior for the foreseeable.

I get that Clydebank were a senior side but thats it they were they arent now, I just dont get what the appeal of going down that route is, the distances, the midweek away fixtures, the extra costs, would some supporters who enjoy the junior grade walk away if you went back senior or would they go to other 'bigger' sides?

If Clydebank went back into the senior ranks through the pyramid what would be the goal, premiership?  championship? fighting relegation, the odd cup game against one of the big teams? In the juniors youve a chance of winning something every season, as you have done this year, it does confuse me.

Think it was Young and Park on BBC Alba pre the Scottish Cup final who said that in year to come they would rather sit and say yes I won the league x times, the Scottish, etc rather than I played 300 plus games with Elgin, Queens Park, etc. I honestly dont see what the pull is and following my team in the hope they might pick up a point here or there has little if any appeal.

There should only be one play off between Premier and Super 1st. Why is there two and only one play off for rest of leagues?

12th should play 5th and that’s it. Having potentially 6 teams getting promoted from the Super 1st is embarassing, the Premier is hard enough and you should be rewarded by keeping your Premier status if you avoid the bottom spot IMO.

If a premier team can’t beat a team who finish 5th or 6th from the super league over 2 legs they don’t deserve to be in the top league imo.

7 hours ago, Bishoptonbankie said:

Poll was last month. Holm park would be fine for the EOSL and LL when the lights and new pitch are in, there are avenues to explore in getting the terracing better etc. Again, as I said I wouldn’t be so sure we’ll be playing junior for the foreseeable.

I agree with you, I believe some members of the Clydebank committee attended Bonnyton Thistle’s league game last week to assess the standard of the league.

On 12/4/2017 at 16:10, Terry Tibbs said:

According to our delegate it was decided by Management Committee a couple of meetings back that 4th placed in ADL will play 2nd bottom in Super 1st with 4th in Central 1st playing bottom club.

That's correct.  Agreed at the 8th August West Region management meeting.

11th Super Premier v 5th Super First

12th Super Premier v 6th Super First

13th Super First v 4th Ayrshire District

14th Super First v 4th Central District

Presumably home and away but no mention of that.

10 minutes ago, Brig O'Lea said:

That's correct.  Agreed at the 8th August West Region management meeting.

11th Super Premier v 5th Super First

12th Super Premier v 6th Super First

So the team that finishes higher in both leagues faces the supposed harder fixture against the team who finished higher in the other league ?

That doesn't seem very fair to me.

So the team that finishes higher in both leagues faces the supposed harder fixture against the team who finished higher in the other league ?
That doesn't seem very fair to me.

No, but it's in keeping with the farce that is West region fixtures.

6 minutes ago, lang said:

Take it your delegate didnt go to the meeting on the 8themoji4.png

I don't know, I think it's likely he was there, but that information hasn't reached me.

To be fair I haven't asked him.

Bankies v Largs.
Cumnock v Darvel.
Shettleston v Dalry.
Maryhill v Bellshill.
Have I got that correct, the way the leagues stand just now?

I get that Clydebank were a senior side but thats it they were they arent now, I just dont get what the appeal of going down that route is, the distances, the midweek away fixtures, the extra costs, would some supporters who enjoy the junior grade walk away if you went back senior or would they go to other 'bigger' sides?

The distances involved are similar to junior, Girvan midweek 6:45 kick off on a Wednesday with 24 hrs notice can easily happen. I think more of the fans we’ve lost due to the chaotic nature of junior football would come back to the club than lost through going senior. for me the appeal is my club playing at the highest possible level. We now have a fantastic youth set up, our 19’s current Scottish cup champions and are in the qf’s this season. I want them to have a platform to the senior game. I could understand the appeal of staying junior if there was a fixture list, a proactive management of the grade and sponsor money/access to the Scottish cup for all, but there isn’t, we can’t really continue to grow without new revenue streams. Whilst I appreciate junior football, I also think it’s time for Yoker to be Clydebanks only junior club again, it’s too big a town to not have senior football.

If Clydebank went back into the senior ranks through the pyramid what would be the goal, premiership?  championship? fighting relegation, the odd cup game against one of the big teams? In the juniors youve a chance of winning something every season, as you have done this year, it does confuse me.

I’ve no real interest in junior titles personally and don’t get excited about the junior Scottish cup, I’d perhaps feel more excited about it all if it wasn’t run like a farce. That international tourney farce, fixtures man who seems to enjoy screwing it up, inability to organise a cup final all deteriorates from it. The juniors is a big thing for clubs in Ayrshire etc where it’s all village pride and bragging rights etc, but in Clydebank I’m sorry but the appeal of junior football is limited as it is in many other areas, I’m not saying that’s right or wrong, just my observation, what’s right for auchinleck Cumnock et al is great, but it’s not really working for Clydebank. We need access to new revenue streams also.

Think it was Young and Park on BBC Alba pre the Scottish Cup final who said that in year to come they would rather sit and say yes I won the league x times, the Scottish, etc rather than I played 300 plus games with Elgin, Queens Park, etc. I honestly dont see what the pull is and following my team in the hope they might pick up a point here or there has little if any appeal.

That’s great and absolutely no one is saying you are right or that I’m definitively right either, it’s about what’s right for each club, personally I think playing senior is the way forward for my club so that’s what I want but fully support you’re right to be happy in the junior game.

Take it your delegate didnt go to the meeting on the 8th

Our delegate wasn't at the meeting as he is not part of the West Region management committee.

I honestly dont see what the pull is and following my team in the hope they might pick up a point here or there has little if any appeal.

You don't get football do you. 99% of clubs don't need a trophy to know if they have had a successful season or not. There's 140+ clubs with absolutely no hope of winning the Junior cup, doesn't stop them entering.

There's lot to play for in the senior leagues. You might not be playing "everyone's a winner, cup won every 5 minutes" games but you will be chasing promotion, fighting relegation, trying to get to latter stages in the cup etc, the same as it is for the majority of junior sides.

4 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

You don't get football do you. 99% of clubs don't need a trophy to know if they have had a successful season or not. There's 140+ clubs with absolutely no hope of winning the Junior cup, doesn't stop them entering.

There's lot to play for in the senior leagues. You might not be playing "everyone's a winner, cup won every 5 minutes" games but you will be chasing promotion, fighting relegation, trying to get to latter stages in the cup etc, the same as it is for the majority of junior sides.

Agree with most of that. Juniors love their cups. Some want a 30 game league next season yet retain ' the wee ' cups as well. Obsessed with them.

Fair enough, definitely not next year though.

Fair enough, definitely not next year though.

I’m curious why you think that? Because its entirely possible and there would be no obstacles holding us back from it, why waste away in the juniors for another year?