Sign in to follow this  
glensmad

West Region restructuring play-offs - format ?

Just now, Bishoptonbankie said:

Oh yes, absolute belter, you fair got me there.

Ta ta my dear old thing.

Imagine giving up on your team because of the grade of football they play, what a complete embarrassment you are.  That's the most cringey thing ever considering that when your club died it was the Juniors that welcomed you with open arms and since then all your club has done is leech of other people. If I was Yoker I'd be very careful about what they allow the club that died to do with their ground.

On ‎28‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 12:57, Bishoptonbankie said:

I cant see us languishing, its a way to secure our future, financially the club will suffer if we dont make the move, Kelty have shown already that its a positive. The chances of midweek trips to Elgin are few and far apart and admittedly not ideal but neither is a hastily arranged midweek 6pm kick offs to Girvan etc. I appreciate your opinion and if the club decides to remain junior i’ll wish you all the best and still look for results but i’m not going to waste another season with juniors. With the way crowds and support for fundraisers etc is going I wont be the only one.

We wont be in a playoff if we arent playing junior next year!lol.

We defo will be playing junior next year. All this about us leaving is just fan talk as far as am aware the clydebank board havent spoke about it. Lets try get as high as we can with juniors before we leave for another league if thats wit where doing

Mon the papers

No Clydebank fan would ever stand for Yoker being shafted, they are absolute equals in the redevelopment of Holm Park and they are all decent people who we have a strong and positive relationship. Its nothing short of shit stirring for you to hint at any sinister intent. I want nothing more than for Yoker to be a strong and thriving club playing at whatever level they wish to with a strong infrastructure and future in the game.

As for your thoughts on my own about the junior game, I couldn’t care less about your thoughts but you obviously have a lot of time on your hands to dig up posts from days ago, imagine how much good you could do if you put that effort into your own team, all the best.

4 hours ago, glensmad said:

Has there been any discussion or proposals for the format of the promotion and relegation play-offs to bring about the new West Region league structure ?

Will it be home and away or one-off matches ? Will it be (for example) 11th in the Premier v 5th in the Super League Division One, and 12th in the Premier v 6th in the Division One, or will there be a draw ?

Or are they just not going to bother implementing the new constitutional agreement at all, like the fixtures ?  :whistle:angel

The amendment to the Reconstruction motion from Larkhall Thistle was, unfortunately, not specific and only referred to which finishing positions this season would result in clubs facing play-offs, not the format.

Neither the reconstruction motion, nor the amendment, have been included in the latest version of the West Region Constitution & rules that I've seen, however!

The anomaly regarding the playoff format SHOULD surely already have been discussed by the Management Committee, who have the authority to make such decisions (as far as I know that hasn't happened), but it would be far better if the matter was decided by a vote of delegates at the January General Meeting, following discussions at club committee level.

Knowing the appalling record of the SJFA at all levels for LACK of communication or consultation of member clubs over administrative matters I suspect they'd leave it up to the GenSec to decide himself at the last minute.  it'll be up to the clubs to push for anything different.

27 minutes ago, archieb said:

The amendment to the Reconstruction motion from Larkhall Thistle was, unfortunately, not specific and only referred to which finishing positions this season would result in clubs facing play-offs, not the format.

Neither the reconstruction motion, nor the amendment, have been included in the latest version of the West Region Constitution & rules that I've seen, however!

The anomaly regarding the playoff format SHOULD surely already have been discussed by the Management Committee, who have the authority to make such decisions (as far as I know that hasn't happened), but it would be far better if the matter was decided by a vote of delegates at the January General Meeting, following discussions at club committee level.

Knowing the appalling record of the SJFA at all levels for LACK of communication or consultation of member clubs over administrative matters I suspect they'd leave it up to the GenSec to decide himself at the last minute.  it'll be up to the clubs to push for anything different.

Thank you for that, it'll be interesting to see what happens.

They can't possibly just ignore it like what is happening to the fixtures agreement, as we'll get to the end of the season and then everybody will say "what now ?" :P

This will also apply to the current "3rd tier" to the new second tier - the Premier League to Championship situation should be pretty straight forward - club who finish 12th play the team that finish 5th and 11th v 6th would be the sensible option. But what happens at next level which of the bpottom two play the Central 4th and which plays the Ayrshire 4th. A draw for this situation should be made asap.

There should only be one play off between Premier and Super 1st. Why is there two and only one play off for rest of leagues?

12th should play 5th and that’s it. Having potentially 6 teams getting promoted from the Super 1st is embarassing, the Premier is hard enough and you should be rewarded by keeping your Premier status if you avoid the bottom spot IMO.

3 minutes ago, Reidy7 said:

There should only be one play off between Premier and Super 1st. Why is there two and only one play off for rest of leagues?

12th should play 5th and that’s it. Having potentially 6 teams getting promoted from the Super 1st is embarassing, the Premier is hard enough and you should be rewarded by keeping your Premier status if you avoid the bottom spot IMO.

Too late, the decision was made at the AGM in the summer after a debate which commenced as early as this time last year,

The reason there are different numbers of play-offs depending on the level is purely to even the leagues out at 16 teams each. After this season there will be no play-offs and it will be 3 up and 3 down from each league.

According to our delegate it was decided by Management Committee a couple of meetings back that 4th placed in ADL will play 2nd bottom in Super 1st with 4th in Central 1st playing bottom club.

28 minutes ago, Terry Tibbs said:

According to our delegate it was decided by Management Committee a couple of meetings back that 4th placed in ADL will play 2nd bottom in Super 1st with 4th in Central 1st playing bottom club.

Is that over two legs ? And was there a decision made regarding the play-offs for the Premier and Super 1st ?

It'd be nice if they would tell us. Not many have access to Management Committee minutes.

I am hopefull this restructure is a test to use the division as a pyramid structure.......is that 2 forward Thinking? 

I am hopefull this restructure is a test to use the division as a pyramid structure.......is that 2 forward Thinking? 

I doubt it.

By the way, I hope you enjoyed the spare second you created by typing "2" instead of "too".

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

I doubt it.

By the way, I hope you enjoyed the spare second you created by typing "2" instead of "too". emoji16.png

I hope you enjoyed pointing out I typed 2 instead of too you fucking ball ache

I hope you enjoyed pointing out I typed 2 instead of too you fucking ball ache

Just think how long it took you to reply as well, those valuable nanoseconds you saved with text typing have just been thrown away again.

Chill mate, just havin' a wee laugh.

3 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Just think how long it took you to reply as well, those valuable nanoseconds you saved with text typing have just been thrown away again. emoji23.png

Chill mate, just havin' a wee laugh. emoji106.png

Aye your amazing 

5 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Just think how long it took you to reply as well, those valuable nanoseconds you saved with text typing have just been thrown away again. emoji23.png

Chill mate, just havin' a wee laugh. emoji106.png

Give you credit where it's due, anyone who is unlucky enough to support a team that's dug meat and be so upbeat takes a lot so hats off tae ya