West Region restructuring play-offs - format ?

glensmad

Best of luck if that’s the way forward for Clydebank, can’t say il miss my trips to holm park too much as it’s probably 1 of the worst parks I’ve laid eyes on. It will take a lot of work to get that up to standard for the lowland league.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, G81' said:

Holm park won’t be up to EOS or LL standard by next year, hopefully it is but I’m doubtful. Aren’t these just Chinese whispers amongst the fans about going senior again?

Clydebank could play in the EOS league at clydebank high school going by the pictures of other teams grounds in that league. By the time Holm Park is done it will be well up to standard .  A big decision ahead for Bankies fans I think 

18 hours ago, Bishoptonbankie said:

Well you may find it harsh but the fact that supporters are voting with their feet suggests there is some truth to it. It may suit people in other areas but its just not an attractive prospect.
Bankies- hi local business fancy sponsoring a match?
Business- yes, let me have a look at your fixtures list, we’ll sponsor something in april?
Bankies- erm....

Look ive said countless times on here ive nothing against junior football, its just not for me, its hard to run a club and attract people week in week out when you can’t even tell them who they are playing. We had people trying to book travel from abroad for the sectional cup final and couldnt get booked for months because they couldn’t even get that right. Junior football may be an attractive prospect in places where there isn’t much competition say in and around ayrshire, especially in local derbies, where as in and around Glasgow, well beside Pollok (and they have an ageing crowd) there isn’t exactly a big draw, and thats no criticism of the decent folks who run clubs like the ants etc.
You can continue to be as sneery and passive aggressive as you wish in your posts but the redevelopment of Holm Park will result in it being more than suitable for the lowland league.
Whats the point in continuing this perpetual argument, some people like the junior set up in all its exciting shambolic nostalgia and others don’t, whats wrong with that.

So how many supporters are Clydebank losing because of the status quo?  What does the re-development of Holm Park consist of ?

Sorry but Ladeside won Ardagh last season and what....A cups a cup ? . Only 2 matter Scottish , Super League title. Those two are what you are judged on. 'Smaller clubs ' have to stop thinking small stop seeing 'bigger clubs ' as a cup pay day. 

A cup is a cup and to the likes of muirkirk, craigmark and Ardeer (no disrespect) its a decent level to attain.
Most small clubs live within their means and that means getting by as they don't have the finances and support to think big. Honestly its punters like you that haven't a clue in the real world.

The reaction of the ladeside fans, players and manager when you won the wee Ardagh cup last year didn't look as if they treated it as a wee cup.

Every country have clubs that attain nothing more than existence and there is nowt wrong with that if the club is run correctly. Scottish football as a whole is in a sorry state because certain teams tried to live outwith their means.

1 hour ago, Harry's Corner said:

A cup is a cup and to the likes of muirkirk, craigmark and Ardeer (no disrespect) its a decent level to attain.
Most small clubs live within their means and that means getting by as they don't have the finances and support to think big. Honestly its punters like you that haven't a clue in the real world.

The reaction of the ladeside fans, players and manager when you won the wee Ardagh cup last year didn't look as if they treated it as a wee cup.

Every country have clubs that attain nothing more than existence and there is nowt wrong with that if the club is run correctly. Scottish football as a whole is in a sorry state because certain teams tried to live outwith their means.

Doesn't matter how many cups you have Auchinleck still win them not Muirkirk not Craigmark. Kilbirnie were relegated to the District league whilst there they signed juveniles Erskine , Anderson , Longworth and local guys McGuiness , Cochrane , Todd and won their way back to the top. Clubs should not be happy simply by existing , living in the hope of being runners up to Talbot in some wee local tournament. 

There’s not too many people in the East who miss the League Cup or any of the other “make up the fixtures” cups.  The only thing I would say is that a District Cup for the North and South clubs may be a good idea, but for Premier and Superleague clubs, 30 league games, Scottish, East of Scotland and the Fife & Lothians/North & Tayside Cups are more than enough.

Re Clydebank, Holm Park is perfectly fine for EoSFL football as it stands.  If they moved to that league and began the process of applying for a Licence, that then opens up more funding from the Scottish Football Partnership as they have specific grant funding for clubs applying for a Licence. 

The question for them as a club is do they want to remain Junior whilst Holm Park is redeveloped first (and therefore get closer to a Licence without moving to EoS), or just move next season and be prepared to remain in the EoSFL for a few seasons whilst work is completed and in the meantime open up more funding streams to do any further Licence required work.

Doesn't matter how many cups you have Auchinleck still win them not Muirkirk not Craigmark. Kilbirnie were relegated to the District league whilst there they signed juveniles Erskine , Anderson , Longworth and local guys McGuiness , Cochrane , Todd and won their way back to the top. Clubs should not be happy simply by existing , living in the hope of being runners up to Talbot in some wee local tournament. 

Talbot dont win all the cups. Think you missed my point. Smaller Teams that are well functioned dont have to live in any exsistence that you believe. If this was the case then why do teams like ayr or alloa exist as they wont be winning anything big soon

Think we should focus on finishing in the top half of the league this season tbh, until any official confirmation of joining EOS or the south I’ll remain skeptical. Whatever happens will be the best thing for the club.

4 hours ago, Harry's Corner said:

Talbot dont win all the cups. Think you missed my point. Smaller Teams that are well functioned dont have to live in any exsistence that you believe. If this was the case then why do teams like ayr or alloa exist as they wont be winning anything big soon

Your point was that small cups give the 'wee clubs' a chance for financial gain by playing a 'big' club and perhaps winning a trophy. My point is that 'wee' clubs even if there was 12 tournaments still wouldn't win one. Don't want any club to go under , want every club to prosper but hoping for a cup draw v Talbot or whatever is a horrible way to run a club. Kilbirnie are proof you can go from District to Super as are Troon , hopefully Craigmark could be next. You have to look to the positive side not the negative , clubs have to believe they can advance or there is no point existing simply to make up numbers. A believe one day Craigmark will play Super League football.

Your point was that small cups give the 'wee clubs' a chance for financial gain by playing a 'big' club and perhaps winning a trophy. My point is that 'wee' clubs even if there was 12 tournaments still wouldn't win one. Don't want any club to go under , want every club to prosper but hoping for a cup draw v Talbot or whatever is a horrible way to run a club. Kilbirnie are proof you can go from District to Super as are Troon , hopefully Craigmark could be next. You have to look to the positive side not the negative , clubs have to believe they can advance or there is no point existing simply to make up numbers. A believe one day Craigmark will play Super League football.

You believe one day about craigmark yet they have a small support and low finances compared to ladeside who are well sponsored and have a healthy support. Two factors you need to go and try and be a bigger team. You're obviously another keyboard warrior refusing to listen unless you're heard and agreed with first. No point in exchanging point of view with you my friend. Take a step back from the high ground you think you have lol.

I don't think you're comparing like for like here. Kilbirnie's population is at least 6 times that of Dalmellington, plus you're only 20 minutes from Glasgow whereas Craigmark play in the middle of nowhere.

2 hours ago, energyzone said:

I don't think you're comparing like for like here. Kilbirnie's population is at least 6 times that of Dalmellington, plus you're only 20 minutes from Glasgow whereas Craigmark play in the middle of nowhere.

You have to believe bud or there is no point. Why would anybody support Craigmark when there is no hope ? Being in centre of Glasgow helps Ashfield not a lot. Players from there travel to play in Ayrshire.

5 hours ago, Harry's Corner said:

You believe one day about craigmark yet they have a small support and low finances compared to ladeside who are well sponsored and have a healthy support. Two factors you need to go and try and be a bigger team. You're obviously another keyboard warrior refusing to listen unless you're heard and agreed with first. No point in exchanging point of view with you my friend. Take a step back from the high ground you think you have lol.

Keyboard warrior lol hardly. Unlike you am not prepared to consign Craigmark to decades of mediocrity because it fits with your wee club big club wee clubs need wee cups mentality.

Keyboard warrior lol hardly. Unlike you am not prepared to consign Craigmark to decades of mediocrity because it fits with your wee club big club wee clubs need wee cups mentality.

You are never a keyboard warrior mate , but you can't compare ladeside going down the divisions in a like for like context of craigmark etc trying to get up the divisions , as much as I hate to say it ladeside are as huge junior club who when down the divisions were under achieving , they with the right guidance were always coming back ...... To win an ardagh cup ....????

4 hours ago, theshed said:

You are never a keyboard warrior mate , but you can't compare ladeside going down the divisions in a like for like context of craigmark etc trying to get up the divisions , as much as I hate to say it ladeside are as huge junior club who when down the divisions were under achieving , they with the right guidance were always coming back ...... To win an ardagh cup ....

You still have to win games to be promoted just like any club.  Ladeside did it with juveniles and local guys mentioned earlier Liam McGuiness , John Todd , Robbie Cochrane , Gary Davidson not spending cash. When we were down there was not interested in games v Talbot or Beith or any cup only getting out the District. Too many 'wee ' clubs accept their fate , Two seasons in District is a reality check bud trust me it's difficult to keep a club competing at the top of the game , even more difficult at the bottom. These are not wee clubs they are just clubs down on their luck. If Beith can get investment and win Scottish anything is possible lol. The recent exploits of Girvan should give hope to every club.

Archived