West Region restructuring play-offs - format ?

glensmad

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I honestly dont see what the pull is and following my team in the hope they might pick up a point here or there has little if any appeal.

You don't get football do you. 99% of clubs don't need a trophy to know if they have had a successful season or not. There's 140+ clubs with absolutely no hope of winning the Junior cup, doesn't stop them entering.

There's lot to play for in the senior leagues. You might not be playing "everyone's a winner, cup won every 5 minutes" games but you will be chasing promotion, fighting relegation, trying to get to latter stages in the cup etc, the same as it is for the majority of junior sides.

4 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

You don't get football do you. 99% of clubs don't need a trophy to know if they have had a successful season or not. There's 140+ clubs with absolutely no hope of winning the Junior cup, doesn't stop them entering.

There's lot to play for in the senior leagues. You might not be playing "everyone's a winner, cup won every 5 minutes" games but you will be chasing promotion, fighting relegation, trying to get to latter stages in the cup etc, the same as it is for the majority of junior sides.

Agree with most of that. Juniors love their cups. Some want a 30 game league next season yet retain ' the wee ' cups as well. Obsessed with them.

Poll was last month. Holm park would be fine for the EOSL and LL when the lights and new pitch are in, there are avenues to explore in getting the terracing better etc. Again, as I said I wouldn’t be so sure we’ll be playing junior for the foreseeable.

Fair enough, definitely not next year though.

Agree with most of that. Juniors love their cups. Some want a 30 game league next season yet retain ' the wee ' cups as well. Obsessed with them.

The wee cups bring financial gain to some clubs and it's a chance for some smaller clubs to challenge for a cup whatever level it may be.

Its usually the only time ladeside have something to celebrate about so maybe not best to knock them lol.

4 hours ago, Bishoptonbankie said:

I’m curious why you think that? Because its entirely possible and there would be no obstacles holding us back from it, why waste away in the juniors for another year?

Waste away? Thats a tad harsh, just think if the juniors who you say your wasting away in hadn't admitted you a few years back would there be a Clydebank at the moment? Maybe a Saturday morning amateur team but that's about it. Also I am not sure you could go to the LL and say ' look we want in we don't have a stadium fit for purpose at the moment but it should be OK for next season, whatcha say?' Thats only ending one way...

9 hours ago, Harry's Corner said:

The wee cups bring financial gain to some clubs and it's a chance for some smaller clubs to challenge for a cup whatever level it may be.

Its usually the only time ladeside have something to celebrate about so maybe not best to knock them lol.

Sorry but Ladeside won Ardagh last season and what....A cups a cup ? . Only 2 matter Scottish , Super League title. Those two are what you are judged on. 'Smaller clubs ' have to stop thinking small stop seeing 'bigger clubs ' as a cup pay day. 

Well you may find it harsh but the fact that supporters are voting with their feet suggests there is some truth to it. It may suit people in other areas but its just not an attractive prospect.

Bankies- hi local business fancy sponsoring a match?

Business- yes, let me have a look at your fixtures list, we’ll sponsor something in april?

Bankies- erm....

Look ive said countless times on here ive nothing against junior football, its just not for me, its hard to run a club and attract people week in week out when you can’t even tell them who they are playing. We had people trying to book travel from abroad for the sectional cup final and couldnt get booked for months because they couldn’t even get that right. Junior football may be an attractive prospect in places where there isn’t much competition say in and around ayrshire, especially in local derbies, where as in and around Glasgow, well beside Pollok (and they have an ageing crowd) there isn’t exactly a big draw, and thats no criticism of the decent folks who run clubs like the ants etc.

You can continue to be as sneery and passive aggressive as you wish in your posts but the redevelopment of Holm Park will result in it being more than suitable for the lowland league.

Whats the point in continuing this perpetual argument, some people like the junior set up in all its exciting shambolic nostalgia and others don’t, whats wrong with that.

In the SPFL they don't know their final 5 league fixtures in April / May and in Lowland League in my opinion the league ends too soon as have to finish season early for play offs.

Aye fixtures should be out more in advance but with Junior Cup in middle of winter very changeable as shown with teams in 3rd Round still to play and league games get postponed. 3rd Round games done for 1st week in November would help instead of final week in November in my opinion.

In the SPFL they don't know their final 5 league fixtures in April / May and in Lowland League in my opinion the league ends too soon as have to finish season early for play offs.

Aye fixtures should be out more in advance but with Junior Cup in middle of winter very changeable as shown with teams in 3rd Round still to play and league games get postponed. 3rd Round games done for 1st week in November would help instead of final week in November in my opinion.

I think you're confusing SPFL, which is the body that governs the league and SPFL Premiership which is the tip division. SPFL Championship, 1 and 2 have fixture lists to the end of the season.

Well you may find it harsh but the fact that supporters are voting with their feet suggests there is some truth to it. It may suit people in other areas but its just not an attractive prospect.
Bankies- hi local business fancy sponsoring a match?
Business- yes, let me have a look at your fixtures list, we’ll sponsor something in april?
Bankies- erm....

Look ive said countless times on here ive nothing against junior football, its just not for me, its hard to run a club and attract people week in week out when you can’t even tell them who they are playing. We had people trying to book travel from abroad for the sectional cup final and couldnt get booked for months because they couldn’t even get that right. Junior football may be an attractive prospect in places where there isn’t much competition say in and around ayrshire, especially in local derbies, where as in and around Glasgow, well beside Pollok (and they have an ageing crowd) there isn’t exactly a big draw, and thats no criticism of the decent folks who run clubs like the ants etc.
You can continue to be as sneery and passive aggressive as you wish in your posts but the redevelopment of Holm Park will result in it being more than suitable for the lowland league.
Whats the point in continuing this perpetual argument, some people like the junior set up in all its exciting shambolic nostalgia and others don’t, whats wrong with that.

Loveland league club " hi bankies fancy telling us where we will be visiting you when you arrive in several years?"

Bankies " god knows "

I think you're confusing SPFL, which is the body that governs the league and SPFL Premiership which is the tip division. SPFL Championship, 1 and 2 have fixture lists to the end of the season.

Aye you know what I meant top league in SPFL don't know all their April fixtures yet either plus games shifted for TV and Celtic European games next year. Not just Juniors that fixtures aren't set in stone.

Holm Park. look i get that you appear to be massively hostile to anyone daring to not like junior football but if you’re going to be a smart arse at least try and get the smart bit right. You’ll also excuse me for not being too bothered about the thoughts of someone who believes homophobic language is acceptable in football.

Have never been hostile towards anyone daring to not like junior football , I've always admitted it's a hugely flawed level of football , as for the other stuff move on and stop being a drama queen .

I’m curious why you think that? Because its entirely possible and there would be no obstacles holding us back from it, why waste away in the juniors for another year?

Holm park won’t be up to EOS or LL standard by next year, hopefully it is but I’m doubtful. Aren’t these just Chinese whispers amongst the fans about going senior again?

Archived