West Region restructuring play-offs - format ?

glensmad

There should only be one play off between Premier and Super 1st. Why is there two and only one play off for rest of leagues?

12th should play 5th and that’s it. Having potentially 6 teams getting promoted from the Super 1st is embarassing, the Premier is hard enough and you should be rewarded by keeping your Premier status if you avoid the bottom spot IMO.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Reidy7 said:

There should only be one play off between Premier and Super 1st. Why is there two and only one play off for rest of leagues?

12th should play 5th and that’s it. Having potentially 6 teams getting promoted from the Super 1st is embarassing, the Premier is hard enough and you should be rewarded by keeping your Premier status if you avoid the bottom spot IMO.

Too late, the decision was made at the AGM in the summer after a debate which commenced as early as this time last year,

The reason there are different numbers of play-offs depending on the level is purely to even the leagues out at 16 teams each. After this season there will be no play-offs and it will be 3 up and 3 down from each league.

According to our delegate it was decided by Management Committee a couple of meetings back that 4th placed in ADL will play 2nd bottom in Super 1st with 4th in Central 1st playing bottom club.

28 minutes ago, Terry Tibbs said:

According to our delegate it was decided by Management Committee a couple of meetings back that 4th placed in ADL will play 2nd bottom in Super 1st with 4th in Central 1st playing bottom club.

Is that over two legs ? And was there a decision made regarding the play-offs for the Premier and Super 1st ?

I am hopefull this restructure is a test to use the division as a pyramid structure.......is that 2 forward Thinking? 

I doubt it.

By the way, I hope you enjoyed the spare second you created by typing "2" instead of "too". [emoji16]

I hope you enjoyed pointing out I typed 2 instead of too you fucking ball ache

Just think how long it took you to reply as well, those valuable nanoseconds you saved with text typing have just been thrown away again. [emoji23]

Chill mate, just havin' a wee laugh. [emoji106]

3 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Just think how long it took you to reply as well, those valuable nanoseconds you saved with text typing have just been thrown away again. emoji23.png

Chill mate, just havin' a wee laugh. emoji106.png

Aye your amazing 

5 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Just think how long it took you to reply as well, those valuable nanoseconds you saved with text typing have just been thrown away again. emoji23.png

Chill mate, just havin' a wee laugh. emoji106.png

Give you credit where it's due, anyone who is unlucky enough to support a team that's dug meat and be so upbeat takes a lot so hats off tae ya

All pie in the sky just now, but recent poll showing 80% of fans favour doing a ‘kelty’ so believe we may be looking to ask our board to consider a vote of the clubs owners. Its all been covered on the Clydebank thread.

80%? When was the poll taken? How can we try to go senior any time soon without a ground? Yoker definitely isn’t up to the league standards unless it’s a complete overhaul of the entire site which would presumably take years.. Definitely still be playing in the juniors for the foreseeable future.

I get that Clydebank were a senior side but thats it they were they arent now, I just dont get what the appeal of going down that route is, the distances, the midweek away fixtures, the extra costs, would some supporters who enjoy the junior grade walk away if you went back senior or would they go to other 'bigger' sides?

If Clydebank went back into the senior ranks through the pyramid what would be the goal, premiership?  championship? fighting relegation, the odd cup game against one of the big teams? In the juniors youve a chance of winning something every season, as you have done this year, it does confuse me.

Think it was Young and Park on BBC Alba pre the Scottish Cup final who said that in year to come they would rather sit and say yes I won the league x times, the Scottish, etc rather than I played 300 plus games with Elgin, Queens Park, etc. I honestly dont see what the pull is and following my team in the hope they might pick up a point here or there has little if any appeal.

If a premier team can’t beat a team who finish 5th or 6th from the super league over 2 legs they don’t deserve to be in the top league imo.

7 hours ago, Bishoptonbankie said:

Poll was last month. Holm park would be fine for the EOSL and LL when the lights and new pitch are in, there are avenues to explore in getting the terracing better etc. Again, as I said I wouldn’t be so sure we’ll be playing junior for the foreseeable.

I agree with you, I believe some members of the Clydebank committee attended Bonnyton Thistle’s league game last week to assess the standard of the league.

On 12/4/2017 at 16:10, Terry Tibbs said:

That's correct.  Agreed at the 8th August West Region management meeting.

11th Super Premier v 5th Super First

12th Super Premier v 6th Super First

13th Super First v 4th Ayrshire District

14th Super First v 4th Central District

Presumably home and away but no mention of that.

10 minutes ago, Brig O'Lea said:

That's correct.  Agreed at the 8th August West Region management meeting.

11th Super Premier v 5th Super First

12th Super Premier v 6th Super First

So the team that finishes higher in both leagues faces the supposed harder fixture against the team who finished higher in the other league ?

That doesn't seem very fair to me.

Archived