West Region restructuring play-offs - format ?

glensmad

Has there been any discussion or proposals for the format of the promotion and relegation play-offs to bring about the new West Region league structure ?

Will it be home and away or one-off matches ? Will it be (for example) 11th in the Premier v 5th in the Super League Division One, and 12th in the Premier v 6th in the Division One, or will there be a draw ?

Or are they just not going to bother implementing the new constitutional agreement at all, like the fixtures ?  :whistle:angel

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, glensmad said:

Has there been any discussion or proposals for the format of the promotion and relegation play-offs to bring about the new West Region league structure ?

Will it be home and away or one-off matches ? Will it be (for example) 11th in the Premier v 5th in the Super League Division One, and 12th in the Premier v 6th in the Division One, or will there be a draw ?

Or are they just not going to bother implementing the new constitutional agreement at all, like the fixtures ?  :whistle:angel

Why don`t you ask whoever your club delegate is???

9 minutes ago, GLESGABOY said:

Why don`t you ask whoever your club delegate is???

I have, hence me asking on here.

Glesgaboy, I'm not really sure why you bother with this forum, because that seems to be your stock answer, "ask your delegate, there's no point talking about it on here". This forum wouldn't exist if we all did what you suggest. :thumsup2

26 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I have, hence me asking on here.

Glesgaboy, I'm not really sure why you bother with this forum, because that seems to be your stock answer, "ask your delegate, there's no point talking about it on here". This forum wouldn't exist if we all did what you suggest. :thumsup2

The clue is in the name..PUBLIC FORUM. I asked you a fairly short question,nothing about not talking about anything. It`s only 2 posts up so you can easily check again to see what was written but given your reply I`ll say this, why don`t you ask your club delegate why they voted for a restructure etc without having all the details (ie format for play-offs etc) in place and available for discussion BEFORE the season started? 

7 minutes ago, GLESGABOY said:

The clue is in the name..PUBLIC FORUM. I asked you a fairly short question,nothing about not talking about anything. It`s only 2 posts up so you can easily check again to see what was written but given your reply I`ll say this, why don`t you ask your club delegate why they voted for a restructure etc without having all the details (ie format for play-offs etc) in place and available for discussion BEFORE the season started? 

I expected that touchy response. There and I was trying to be friendly about it as well. :thumsup2 

You have actually proved my point, it is a public forum, hence there is no need for the constant "ask your delegate" responses to every debating point.

If we all did that, you'd have nothing to read on here and reply to. 

Anyway, back to the point in hand, does anybody know if there has been any discussion or proposals (formally issued or not) on this matter ?

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

I'm guessing here but think it will be a home and away fixture with 11th premier v 6th first and 12 th premier v 5th first. I've noticed with Kilwinning being involved in the past 2 seasons that for some reason the 2 games are played within 2 days, for example Wed, Fri. Why I here you ask, who knows???

25 minutes ago, Bishoptonbankie said:

Hopefully only gonna be need for 1 playoff!

There will be 4 teams involved in the Premier/Super 1st play-offs for starters, and four other teams involved in the Super 1st/District Leagues play-offs as well.

So there will definitely be more than 1 play-off match.

Woooooosh!lol. Im saying im hoping that if we finish bottom 2 then we wont need to play one.

I think we'll be ok tbh after our cup final win v pollok the boys worked there socks off on sat but we gave away 2 daft goals. Mcanespie will keep us up

Mon the papers

22 minutes ago, Bishoptonbankie said:

Woooooosh!lol. Im saying im hoping that if we finish bottom 2 then we wont need to play one.

Sorry, you've lost me there. Maybe I'm being thick (more than likely) but if you finish bottom two then you will definitely be in a play-off.

Please clarify what you mean for me the thicko. :1eye

Just now, Bishoptonbankie said:

Oh yes, absolute belter, you fair got me there.

Ta ta my dear old thing.

Imagine giving up on your team because of the grade of football they play, what a complete embarrassment you are.  That's the most cringey thing ever considering that when your club died it was the Juniors that welcomed you with open arms and since then all your club has done is leech of other people. If I was Yoker I'd be very careful about what they allow the club that died to do with their ground.

On ‎28‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 12:57, Bishoptonbankie said:

I cant see us languishing, its a way to secure our future, financially the club will suffer if we dont make the move, Kelty have shown already that its a positive. The chances of midweek trips to Elgin are few and far apart and admittedly not ideal but neither is a hastily arranged midweek 6pm kick offs to Girvan etc. I appreciate your opinion and if the club decides to remain junior i’ll wish you all the best and still look for results but i’m not going to waste another season with juniors. With the way crowds and support for fundraisers etc is going I wont be the only one.

We wont be in a playoff if we arent playing junior next year!lol.

We defo will be playing junior next year. All this about us leaving is just fan talk as far as am aware the clydebank board havent spoke about it. Lets try get as high as we can with juniors before we leave for another league if thats wit where doing

Mon the papers

4 hours ago, glensmad said:

The amendment to the Reconstruction motion from Larkhall Thistle was, unfortunately, not specific and only referred to which finishing positions this season would result in clubs facing play-offs, not the format.

Neither the reconstruction motion, nor the amendment, have been included in the latest version of the West Region Constitution & rules that I've seen, however!

The anomaly regarding the playoff format SHOULD surely already have been discussed by the Management Committee, who have the authority to make such decisions (as far as I know that hasn't happened), but it would be far better if the matter was decided by a vote of delegates at the January General Meeting, following discussions at club committee level.

Knowing the appalling record of the SJFA at all levels for LACK of communication or consultation of member clubs over administrative matters I suspect they'd leave it up to the GenSec to decide himself at the last minute.  it'll be up to the clubs to push for anything different.

27 minutes ago, archieb said:

The amendment to the Reconstruction motion from Larkhall Thistle was, unfortunately, not specific and only referred to which finishing positions this season would result in clubs facing play-offs, not the format.

Neither the reconstruction motion, nor the amendment, have been included in the latest version of the West Region Constitution & rules that I've seen, however!

The anomaly regarding the playoff format SHOULD surely already have been discussed by the Management Committee, who have the authority to make such decisions (as far as I know that hasn't happened), but it would be far better if the matter was decided by a vote of delegates at the January General Meeting, following discussions at club committee level.

Knowing the appalling record of the SJFA at all levels for LACK of communication or consultation of member clubs over administrative matters I suspect they'd leave it up to the GenSec to decide himself at the last minute.  it'll be up to the clubs to push for anything different.

Thank you for that, it'll be interesting to see what happens.

They can't possibly just ignore it like what is happening to the fixtures agreement, as we'll get to the end of the season and then everybody will say "what now ?" :P

This will also apply to the current "3rd tier" to the new second tier - the Premier League to Championship situation should be pretty straight forward - club who finish 12th play the team that finish 5th and 11th v 6th would be the sensible option. But what happens at next level which of the bpottom two play the Central 4th and which plays the Ayrshire 4th. A draw for this situation should be made asap.

Archived