Most frequent away day.....

Was discussing possible trip to Airdrie next weekend with pal when the subject arose.....

Obviously most won’t know exactly but over the years of following The Rovers, I would guess the away ‘team or ground’ I’ve visited the most would be Airdrie (depressing stuff) probably closely followed by East End, Dens and Somerset, Cowdengelly has been visited too many times for my liking too.

How about everyone else? Does rivalry/geography have you visiting one team more than most? Do you seem stuck in the same league as one particular team year in year out?

Few years ago I think we played Airdrie 10 or 11 times over two season, felt like I was never out of the Excelsior, luckily the hotdogs were quality back then!

Probably Cowdenbeath is first. I've seen us play there almost into double figures now I think. Aside from that East End, and a few trips to Easter Road and Almondvale come to mind. 

19 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

Few years ago I think we played Airdrie 10 or 11 times over two season, felt like I was never out of the Excelsior, luckily the hotdogs were quality back then!

That was the season we got promoted (09/10) and two or three seasons after. I think we had them in the league cup at some point also, where we got knocked out by them. 

The 08/09 season was ridiculous. We played them in preseason as they were  meant to be in league 1 at the time, then again 4 times in the league as Gretna went tits up so they got promoted (:lol:), and we drew them in the Scottish Cup too, where we drew with them at Stark's so went to a Johnny Russell inspired replay which set up that night in Aberdeen.  We ended up that season signing John Baird off the back of the fact we'd seen him play multiple times and he was superb at the end. 

Raith and Airdrie i think i have been to most given i always got to them when i was a wee guy. 

I go every week past 4/5 years though so it could be somewhere like Forfar.  

when we were East of Scotland/Lowland League pondlife we used to visit Whitehill and Spartans a lot but that's probably because they were the best in the League and Cups at the time. Then we had quite a few League and Cup visits to rainy East Kilbride in the last two seasons of our Lowland League history. 

1st season back as a SPFL team we played at Forfar twice in the League and once in the cup. Ach, you're never sick of bridies...! 

Was discussing possible trip to Airdrie next weekend with pal when the subject arose.....
Obviously most won’t know exactly but over the years of following The Rovers, I would guess the away ‘team or ground’ I’ve visited the most would be Airdrie (depressing stuff) probably closely followed by East End, Dens and Somerset, Cowdengelly has been visited too many times for my liking too.
How about everyone else? Does rivalry/geography have you visiting one team more than most? Do you seem stuck in the same league as one particular team year in year out?

Games on the telly, don’t go and don’t give our regime the money- you won’t be missing anything if you’ve been before [emoji106]

Probably Brechin or Arbroath, seem to remember around 2008 getting Brechin in the Scottish, the League Cup AND the Challenge Cup, couldn't escape them at all, sure we played them about 8-10 times over a couple of seasons which was made the more impressive when we weren't even in the same division as each other for one of them!!![emoji1]

And would also have to say Arbroath as they follow us around like the jealous neighbours or slightly deranged ex-girlfriend they are, if we go and get promoted just to get away from them they will only go and do the same thing the next season and follow us up and if we get relegated, the Red Lichties will only go and come down after us the next season, annoying stalky types indeed and it also means we're never away from each other's grounds!!!

Although they do make up for it by being the best away day in the League and also like the aforementioned jealous/bit mental ex-girlfriend, they conveniently let us hump them every time we meet!!![emoji6]

Archived