Zombies v League Leaders

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were pish. Thought united played had a nice fluid shape but had no cutting edge. Was disappointing that we weren't solid enough.

Don't really understand the idea of keeping Harkins on for the full 90. He played really well today but he's just not fit enough to do it

27 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Such dignity.

Get your point PMS, however, I am with Fife on this one.... I view this as...

Baited.......  Bit..... took the opportunity to tell the fisherman (yet again), that we were (very much) better.

That is all.......

59 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

We were pish. Thought united played had a nice fluid shape but had no cutting edge. Was disappointing that we weren't solid enough.

Don't really understand the idea of keeping Harkins on for the full 90. He played really well today but he's just not fit enough to do it

Wasn’t a difficult task but I thought Harkins was our best player today. I wasn’t pleased when we signed him at first and he got a lot of stick for his first few games but he’s done well the past few weeks after having a consistent run in the team. 

Everyone else was completely shite though. How Duffy can think it’s ok to play Quitongo out wide after its failed so many times I’ll never know. He was playing at left back at one point today. After Durnan got booked Jai should’ve been put up front and given the chance to just run at him. Any time he’s played against Dundee Utd up front he’s caused their defence problems. Instead he was wasted for the entire game out wide. 

At the back, I feel quite sorry for Lamie being pushed out to left-back. Mark Russell hasn’t been anywhere near his best but Lamie has been superb all season at CH. O’Ware’s let the praise from last season go to his head thinking he can breeze out of defence and ping a 50 yard pass every time he gets the ball. 

Despite putting 7 Goals past Falkirk and Brechin we didn’t play well in both of those games so I wasn’t surprised one bit that we didn’t have a cutting edge today. We are far too slow in the middle of the park which will ultimately be the reason we finish outside of the play-offs this season unless that gets sorted in January. Why Duffy took Murdoch off I’ll never know. We’ll never have a slower midfield than the one that we had at full-time today. 

We could all see the problem areas back in June so I’m stunned that the issues haven’t been sorted since then. 

Dundee Utd played some nice stuff at times and could have put a couple more goals past us had decision making been better in the final third. After seeing them and St Mirren I think they’ll go up this season automatically. 

6 hours ago, IainMorton said:

Dundee United fans celebrated their second goal as if they had just won the Champions League with some old guy giving it big licks to a bunch of 10 year olds :lol: 

I'll bite to this too.

Can't comment on the old guy;  didn't see it, and have little doubt that the 10 year olds could have beaten the crap out of him in any case had they so wanted....

I am happy to address the first point however....

Dundee United are where we are, and deservedly so..... We went from blowing top flight teams away on a weekly basis, to utter fucking shite, with a few ill advised swipes of a fountain pen.* 

Whilst the vast majority of reasonable Arabs accept this, we don't have to like it, nor be happy where we are.

As such, I (and I reckon the vast majority of Arabs)  will shamelessly and deliriously celebrate every goal Dundee United score, that has any possibility of returning us to the Premiership, and ending the fucking nightmare we have been experiencing over the past few years.

Also, the second goal (in the last minute of injury time)) destroys any potential of the hard kick in the baws that we have often experienced having taken the lead so many times in the recent past. From that second, we knew that the 3 points were, without doubt, coming back to Tannadice with us,

If the level of our delirium makes the fans of the teams we are beating in the process of doing this feel better, so much the better. It can thus be viewed as a win-win for all.

As nice and welcoming as everyone is here in the Championsip, we want the f**k out of here, and as soon as possible.

Hope this explains the slight overreaction to what you may have expected to be a foregone conclusion even before a ball was kicked.

*Don't know if it was a fountain pen or not, but made the sentence flow better saying it was.......

Fair enough. It may have been a slight over reaction on my part also, but seeing them go mental after beating Morton was a bit strange. I mean, it wasn’t a dirty game where emotions were running high or anything, neither was it a last minute winner or equaliser after coming back from 3-0 down or something.

I felt sorry for Quitongo. Don't think Duffy deserved that effort from him as he was on a hiding to nothing. He was basically watching the Untited right hand side most of the game on his own.

He did provide a fun moment barging a United player into their dugout though.

3 hours ago, IainMorton said:

Fair enough. It may have been a slight over reaction on my part also, but seeing them go mental after beating Morton was a bit strange. I mean, it wasn’t a dirty game where emotions were running high or anything, neither was it a last minute winner or equaliser after coming back from 3-0 down or something.

You should walk away! It's for the best!

7 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

Harkins was the only one that I’d have kept on for the whole 90. The rest could have formed a queue for subbing, although taking Murdoch off first was a strange one.

7 hours ago, MacArab said:

Get your point PMS, however, I am with Fife on this one.... I view this as...

Baited.......  Bit..... took the opportunity to tell the fisherman (yet again), that we were (very much) better.

That is all.......

Not all, I was agreeing with Fife. The irony was directed at the humourless Morton c**t, tbf.

14 hours ago, IainMorton said:

Dundee United fans celebrated their second goal as if they had just won the Champions League with some old guy giving it big licks to a bunch of 10 year olds :lol: 

My great abiding memory of Cappielow last season was in the play off game  there was one particular Morton fan giving it big licks. When they scored he jumped on to the elevated segregation barrier gesturing away only to fall back on his arse and stewards having to  rescue him.  Fun times. 

My great abiding memory of Cappielow last season was in the play off game  there was one particular Morton fan giving it big licks. When they scored he jumped on to the elevated segregation barrier gesturing away only to fall back on his arse and stewards having to  rescue him.  Fun times. 

That didn't really happen did it?

Archived