Zombies v League Leaders

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Lets be honest here, there's no-one in that team that could cut it in the top flight, your sides  full of has-beens and never-beens, so if you do somehow manage to win the league, you're going to have to sign a whole new starting 11. Good luck with that one.

Absolute bollocks and I'd say you know it but that'd probably be giving you too much credit. Suffice to say - bollocks.

1 hour ago, dregs 83 said:

Anyone see the harry lewis diving header from the back pass? Total football

I had a right good chuckle at that, fair play to the lad for the improvisation. Ref would have had a difficult decision to make had our player been any closer mind you.

Echoing one or two others, I thought United yesterday were in complete control, with Fyvie and Fraser the two best players I've seen this season. They completely ran the show, but Scott McDonald up top won't score enough goals to allow you to run away with things. A good hold up player, and uses the ball wisely, but doesn't have the legs to get into the good positions he always used to anymore.

As for Morton, well we lined up with the wrong team, had no out-ball as we didn't have any natural wide players, and the front 2 were given zero service to work with. I thought Harkins was our best player for the first hour but fell out of the game and should have been the one to go off before Murdoch. As soon as Thomson moved out wide, he was as ineffective there as he always is, and Jai looked like a lost wee boy on the left hand side, just as he did when he first came into the team in that area of the pitch. He plays through the middle or he doesn't play at all.

We still lack pace in the middle of the park and solid options in the wide areas, but given we've had these deficiencies  since pre-season, I doubt we'll see them being rectified any time soon.

Lets be honest here, there's no-one in that team that could cut it in the top flight, your sides  full of has-beens and never-beens, so if you do somehow manage to win the league, you're going to have to sign a whole new starting 11. Good luck with that one.

A little harsh. If we get promoted then our only objective would be to finish in 10th. The leap between the Championship and Premiership is bigger than some think, especially over the course of a full season but personally I think Lewis (okay he’s not our player), Fyvie, Stanton, an injury-free Scobbie and Fraser (if he fulfils his potential) would be players capable of producing enough to be in a squad who could finish in 10th in the top flight. Make no mistake though, we would need a huge turnover of players if we won the league this year.

Observations having watched the highlights on ArabZone:

We should have had the game wrapped up in the first half.

McDonald looks off the pace.

Fraser playing well again.

We played some really nice intricate football, again.

Cappielow is an absolute shitehole.

Harkins is past it.

Quitongo is average.

Great header by Lewis.  :lol: 

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Observations having watched the highlights on ArabZone:

We should have had the game wrapped up in the first half.

McDonald looks off the pace.

Fraser playing well again.

We played some really nice intricate football, again.

Cappielow is an absolute shitehole.

Harkins is past it.

Quitongo is average.

Great header by Lewis.  :lol: 

Not trying to pick on your observations simply because you called me a c**t, but McDonald's link up play was good,  Harkins was Morton's best player by a distance, Quitongo was used in the wrong position and is way better than average, and Lewis could have kicked the ball away, or having misjudged that punched * it away.  But he did eventually improvise well.

Edit: * not sure you can punch it away in such a situation and can't be bothered looking it up. 

Would like to see Shabz bring in a big lad for McDonald to play up top with at times. Would like to see 2 forwards at home as we dont score enough goals when we are on top.

Defence looks good enough when Scobbie starts. Fyvie is domming the midfeild at the moment and King has struck a bit of form. Just need things to gel up front (copyright Ray Mckinnon) and we could potentially diddy ride this league senseless.

4 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Disagree Biggie; I stand by my original post, that there are a few United players we will undoubtedly keep into next year, were we to be promoted, but as detailed, a major rebuild would be required to replace the rest in the summer.

Not concerned about this though. United in the Premiership is a better prospect for a potential new signing than United in the Championship.

It is a wee bit rich though tbh, coming on here with patter like this.... It is not as if your team of Galcticos are exactly cutting it in the top league just now, and only the fact that Thistle are having an uttter clusterfulc of a season, is keeping you from being in real trouble.....

Just saying......

6 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Not trying to pick on your observations simply because you called me a c**t, but McDonald's link up play was good,  Harkins was Morton's best player by a distance, Quitongo was used in the wrong position and is way better than average, and Lewis could have kicked the ball away, or having misjudged that punched * it away.  But he did eventually improvise well.

Edit: * not sure you can punch it away in such a situation and can't be bothered looking it up. 

My views on McDonald were based on the highlights and from that he looked off the pace as he has the last couple of games I’ve seen, however I’m willing to be corrected about his contribution by folk who were actually at the game.

Again my views on the Morton players are likewise based on highlights and an attempt to wind up the wee, sensitive Morton fans; though Harkins is definitely a cart horse and past it.

Pretty sure if Lewis uses his hands it’s a pass back.  I thought what he did was funny.

Can’t remember calling you a c**t but if I did it would certainly have been justified.  :lol:

I think real sensitivity is challenging someone to a fight on an internet forum because they disagreed with you. Compared to you, everyone on this forum, bar Clyde fans, are calm.

Although it's good to see you running with a new passive aggressive gimmick.

11 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

I think real sensitivity is challenging someone to a fight on an internet forum because they disagreed with you. Compared to you, everyone on this forum, bar Clyde fans, are calm.

Someone posted earlier that you like wrestling, is that true?

Are you an adult who actually watches wrestling?

22 hours ago, MacArab said:

Given that we don't have a Hibs in the league, (Saint Mirren are doing well, but unlike Hibs who strengthened,  I reckon they might actually lose a few in January, and haven't really got the cash to add much to their squad)

Just to pick up on that, I think you might be surprised. While you're right, we don't have much cash to spend to expand the squad, we will strengthen in January. There are some signings that haven't worked out and they will move on, and we should have some wiggle room to bring in one or two more of better quality. 

We certainly won't be losing any significant team members, and certainly not a 'few'. (I won't re-post the rumours, but there are some on the Saints thread about precisely who might be coming and going. We could be in for another interesting January, albeit nothing like last season's.)

That said, while we have clung to your coat tails so far, I still believe you'll pull away and there will end up being a gap between you to us, and then from us to third, by the end of the season.

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Just to pick up on that, I think you might be surprised. While you're right, we don't have much cash to spend to expand the squad, we will strengthen in January. There are some signings that haven't worked out and they will move on, and we should have some wiggle room to bring in one or two more of better quality. 

We certainly won't be losing any significant team members, and certainly not a 'few'. (I won't re-post the rumours, but there are some on the Saints thread about precisely who might be coming and going. We could be in for another interesting January, albeit nothing like last season's.)

That said, while we have clung to your coat tails so far, I still believe you'll pull away and there will end up being a gap between you to us, and then from us to third, by the end of the season.

Fair points, more than happy to concede you will have a significantly deeper knowledge of Saint's position than me.

Will be interesting to see what both clubs do; I guess my main point was that in January last year, Hibs had the means and did what was necessary to stretch away, and turn what was a very close race into a canter, especially given our shite January (Nicholls wtf???).

Incidentally, I will only stop believing you will lose Morgan in January once the window has slammed shut.  Painful memories of Armstrong and GMS, (and the guarantees we were all offered before they were sold at the death), mean that I will always take info such as has been rumoured  about Morgan with a pinch of salt..... Also, in the current managerial merry go round, I believe your manager would be high on the list of a number of clubs who's current managers are on a shoogly peg.

Here's hoping....;)

4 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Incidentally, I will only stop believing you will lose Morgan in January once the window has slammed shut.  Painful memories of Armstrong and GMS, (and the guarantees we were all offered before they were sold at the death), mean that I will always take info such as has been rumoured  about Morgan with a pinch of salt..... Also, in the current managerial merry go round, I believe your manager would be high on the list of a number of clubs who's current managers are on a shoogly peg.

Here's hoping....;)

Ha, yes. We suffered similarly with Kenny McLean's departure to Aberdeen at the very end of the window the season we went down. As for Jack - even Cammy Smith is talking him up as 'hot property' in the press today. FFS Cammy :lol:

8 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

Have you seen Finch Toad's posts? :whistle

download (6).jpg

Archived