Zombies v League Leaders

8 hours ago, Scosha said:

Everyone else was completely shite though. How Duffy can think it’s ok to play Quitongo out wide after its failed so many times I’ll never know. He was playing at left back at one point today. After Durnan got booked Jai should’ve been put up front and given the chance to just run at him. Any time he’s played against Dundee Utd up front he’s caused their defence problems. Instead he was wasted for the entire game out wide. 

At the back, I feel quite sorry for Lamie being pushed out to left-back. Mark Russell hasn’t been anywhere near his best but Lamie has been superb all season at CH. O’Ware’s let the praise from last season go to his head thinking he can breeze out of defence and ping a 50 yard pass every time he gets the ball. 

Why Duffy took Murdoch off I’ll never know. We’ll never have a slower midfield than the one that we had at full-time today.

Dundee Utd played some nice stuff at times and could have put a couple more goals past us had decision making been better in the final third. After seeing them and St Mirren I think they’ll go up this season automatically. 

My thoughts exactly.

Only point missing is why does Forbes continue to be played? Over the last few games we have realised a solution to the need for a fast wide player send for the Tiff. Duffy may have thought experience needed and must fit in Jai but I would have given the boy the first 60 mins and then brought on Forbes,

Lamie has been outstanding this season at CB and is not a wing back seems a bit lost between central defence and left back assisted in loss against Brechin.

Duffy should concentrate on revitalising Russel. There is a very good player in there who has lost focus on his main duties. its good to boot the ball out of play when needed, don't stand off forwards by 10 yards you are not a matador, keep doing what your good at.

As for United, well this game gave me cause for concern, St Mirren a fear may win this battle for top spot, which will be a great  financial loss to the Ton.

I was disappointed in the United today, you are way behind the standard of last season and if promoted will need to rebuild. While you were the best side you failed to toast our unbalanced outfit and  got over the line with a fatal poor goalie kick, liked the time wasting and 90 mins plus two subs.

Thought the boy Scott Fraser was a standout seemed breeze through our defence and find good passes. 

As for the Ton not the end of the season as we have only ever been entered for the play-off race and as long as we pick up points in the next two games will still be in there in the second half of the season.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

Not all, I was agreeing with Fife. The irony was directed at the humourless Morton c**t, tbf.

Ahhh, with you now Ted!!!

The direction of your irony was slightly lost on me, probably down to me being so pished.......:whistle

44 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

I was disappointed in the United today, you are way behind the standard of last season 

I am far more confident of being promoted this season with this squad and manager compared to where we were last year.  After the high point of beating Hibs 12 months ago we stumbled into the playoffs with a team that never really looked capable of going up even against a poor Hamilton side.

Top, new manager that knows what he's doing, knows he needs a few new players, has already worked out Edgenguele and NKoyi are shite, team looks like its beginning to grind out results where we would have lost last season and Toshney still out injured.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Paisley Ton said:

I was disappointed in the United today, you are way behind the standard of last season and if promoted will need to rebuild. While you were the best side you failed to toast our unbalanced outfit and  got over the line with a fatal poor goalie kick, liked the time wasting and 90 mins plus two subs.

Thought the boy Scott Fraser was a standout seemed breeze through our defence and find good passes. 

Fair points on Fraser and the need to rebuild for the Premiership; there are not many of the current squad ready for the top flight imo.

I'm afraid that the point about being way behind the standard of last season is way off. We are playing miles better at the moment than we ever did last year, (despite your disappointment in United's lacklustre performance), and 13/15 with 3 away from home, since the regime change is pretty  decent by anyone's standard.

Given that we don't have a Hibs in the league, (Saint Mirren are doing well, but unlike Hibs who strengthened,  I reckon they might actually lose a few in January, and haven't really got the cash to add much to their squad)

Here' s hoping....

One other point.... It's mental how many opposing fans come on here saying that they expected United to be better, and are disappointed that their team didn't get a deeper pumping??? It seems that the expectations of other team's fans in terms of United's performances are always significantly higher than our own....

Well you are the big side in this league. No Hibs or Gers.
My obs are based on seeing U play the Ton over the last two seasons. Maybe we got U last season on your good days. For a balanced team there where too many missed passes and missed opportunities.
Yes the new manager does look like he knows how to win so things are looking better for United.

A couple of poor decisions aside, the gulf in class was enormous. United look a very tidy, slick outfit with a decent amount of pace breaking forward too. Couldn’t have complain about 4 or 5-0 yesterday, we were honking too.

The best side I’ve seen this season, can’t see you failing to go up automatically.

29 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

My obs are based on seeing U play the Ton over the last two seasons. Maybe we got U last season on your good days. For a balanced team there where too many missed passes and missed opportunities.
Yes the new manager does look like he knows how to win so things are looking better for United.

Some fair points.

The thing is though, that we are creating significantly more opportunities (17 efforts on goal yesterday for example) than we were last year.

Whilst this does give us more oportunitites to score (you only need to take 1 or 2), it also gives us more opportunities to make wrong decisions, (or a total arse of finishing a move), or to help the opposing keeper get MOTM.

We are getting much better at getting our noses in front and managing games out, (like yesterday) than under McKinnon, where I reckon we could have easily drawn the last few games, despite being commanding throughout.

39 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

Time you diddies were down in Seaside league again :thumsup2 

5 hours ago, LargsTON said:

That didn't really happen did it?

Whys would I make something like that up?  Wee boys on the segregation line more interested in looking at the United fans than watching the game. Morton score a few of them try to climb on to the canvass separating the fans. One manages to get up and falls back on his arse.

Every team has its idiots I wouldnt be so defensive. 

2 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Why do fans of the winning side always make shit like this up that literally nobody else seen?

Wow Didn't realise how sensitive Morton fans are. Morton have no more idiots in their support than any other team, including United.  I was merely recounting a funny moment from the play off last season.  I underestimated the apparent insecurity of Morton fans, fans I have absolutely no gripes with. 

49 minutes ago, arabdelic said:

Wow Didn't realise how sensitive Morton fans are. Morton have no more idiots in their support than any other team, including United.  I was merely recounting a funny moment from the play off last season.  I underestimated the apparent insecurity of Morton fans, fans I have absolutely no gripes with. 

You must excuse Randy's Piles. He's a wrestling fan!

Edit to add: As for SevcoTon. Well, it's SevcoTon that's what he does! Not much more I can add.

You must excuse Randy's Piles. He's a wrestling fan!

Edit to add: As for SevcoTon. Well, it's SevcoTon that's what he does! Not much more I can add.

There's nothing you can ever add you tiresome berk.

8 hours ago, MacArab said:

and the need to rebuild for the Premiership; there are not many of the current squad ready for the top flight imo.

Lets be honest here, there's no-one in that team that could cut it in the top flight, your sides  full of has-beens and never-beens, so if you do somehow manage to win the league, you're going to have to sign a whole new starting 11. Good luck with that one.

Archived