Zombies v League Leaders

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

I wasn’t too confident about this game but after reading some awful patter from the United fans, I hope we tear them a new one.

3-0 Morton :) 

I, too, take confidence in football results based on internet forum posts from bumpkins.

Off to the bookies armed with this thread.

57 minutes ago, P475 said:

Ok, so utd beat the Pars. They were piss poor though. A good team would have taken way more goals off us. 

I think Morton will hump them. 

That sort of patter will get you'ze relegated......

(Dundee United vs Dunfermline Athletic thread for this Pish, but as you bring it up here.......)

United beat the Pars, accurate, however United were not piss poor. We can't have been piss poor because Dunfermline were not piss poor, and we won the game reasonably comfortably.

The Pars were clearly instructed to press high and not give our players a second on the ball, and they did this with plenty of energy for pretty much 90 minutes, and some of their play I found surprisingly good, given their recent run in form. This hard work off the ball stifled a lot of our creativity, and well done to Dunfermile for that, they had clearly done their homework.

United are not the finished article yet by any means, but we have not been piss poor since Inverness, during which time we have racked up 13 points out of a possible 15, only dropping the 2 points to an excellent tactical Brechin display in the second half (a game which should have been out of sight by half time).

We are not Ra Sellick; we will lose games, (possibly on Saturday) but to say that Morton will hump us based on our performance aginast you is just a bit silly.

20 hours ago, MacArab said:

(Dundee United vs Dunfermline Athletic thread for this Pish, but as you bring it up here.......)

United beat the Pars, accurate, however United were not piss poor. We can't have been piss poor because Dunfermline were not piss poor, and we won the game reasonably comfortably.

The Pars were clearly instructed to press high and not give our players a second on the ball, and they did this with plenty of energy for pretty much 90 minutes, and some of their play I found surprisingly good, given their recent run in form. This hard work off the ball stifled a lot of our creativity, and well done to Dunfermile for that, they had clearly done their homework.

United are not the finished article yet by any means, but we have not been piss poor since Inverness, during which time we have racked up 13 points out of a possible 15, only dropping the 2 points to an excellent tactical Brechin display in the second half (a game which should have been out of sight by half time).

We are not Ra Sellick; we will lose games, (possibly on Saturday) but to say that Morton will hump us based on our performance aginast you is just a bit silly.

If we were playing to our full ability we'd have beat you lot. "Youse" only won due to us being poor. 

Morton will hump you lot. 8)

By your logic, United would win the league easily, as on paper, if our squad, which is viewed (by the bookies at least) as being superior to any of the others in the division) plays to it's full ability, we'll stroll the league.

That's not how football works though, which is what makes it interesting.

The way to win football matches is to be less poor than your opposition, and on Saturday we did this with aplomb.

Next Saturday, we don't have to play our best, just less poor than Morton, and hopefully we can do this.

I do not expect a humping , but will be happy to come on there and eat my words if your well thought out football philosophy turns out to be accurate.

3 hours ago, P475 said:

If we were playing to our full ability we'd have beat you lot. "Youse" only won due to us being poor. 

I assume you haven't been playing to your full ability on the six other occasions we have beaten you in the last season and a half either.

3 hours ago, P475 said:

Aye that's usually how it works, it's never that one team has played well to win, it's always the team that lost played shite to let the other team win. :thumsup2

29 minutes ago, MacArab said:

By your logic, United would win the league easily, as on paper, if our squad, which is viewed (by the bookies at least) as being superior to any of the others in the division) plays to it's full ability, we'll stroll the league.

That's not how football works though, which is what makes it interesting.

The way to win football matches is to be less poor than your opposition, and on Saturday we did this with aplomb.

Next Saturday, we don't have to play our best, just less poor than Morton, and hopefully we can do this.

I do not expect a humping , but will be happy to come on there and eat my words if your well thought out football philosophy turns out to be accurate.

"We're less shite than you, we're less shite than you-oo-oo, Dundee United, we're less shite than you."

Not sure it will catch on.  :(

Pity you are away. I was going to buy you a pint.

When I say buy I mean throw ...

And when i say pint I mean hammer...

Stupid old Fud

Morton 2 Dabs 1

Paul Sturrock is a cloth eared muppet

Lovely words. [emoji23]

On 05/12/2017 at 12:13, MacArab said:

Ohh P475 definitely got a wee bite out you there:whistle

16 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Ohh P475 definitely got a wee bite out you there:whistle

Course he did....

He got what he wanted, which was a bite from me, and in taking the bait,  I got the personal satisfaction of pointing out (yet again) that my team is better than his. :P

That's what I call a win win. ;) 

Archived