Big nasty people

Who was the baddest?  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

From Genghis Khan to Josef Stalin, from Ranavalona I of Madascar to Elizabeth Báthory. Who was the worst of the lot?

Will do a poll if we get enough suggestions.

Feel free to add tales of their murder and torture. We don't have to limit this to Monarchs and the like. Feel free to suggest people such as Irma Ida Ilse Grese 'The Hyena of Auschwitz'.

There have been some very nasty characters over the centuries. Why not rate them?

ETA- The poll is now full so if you feel an inclusion is warranted over someone already in the poll feel free to make a case for them.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the men often missed from these types of discussions is Harry Truman.  You will get plenty of arguments about whether nukes were the quickest way of finishing the war and possibly led to less casualties but the man was responsible for authorizing the death of hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians.  I personally do not have a strong view one or the other on this but I do think he should be considered for inclusion in these types of discussion.

On a similar note the evolution of man along with weaponry was discussed on a podcast I listen to and the question was asked - what would Genghis Khan and some of the other bad men in history have done with nukes?   Would they have considered any factors prior to using them as seems to be the case these days or would they have simply just used them regardless of consequences?

Just now, The Equalizer said:

He's just misunderstood, a bit like Hitler in that respect.

He’s a nasty, petty, vindictive, mendacious, cowardly, duplicitous, racist, misogynistic, egotistical, ignorant, blowhard.  He also theoretically has his finger on the nuclear button.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

He’s a nasty, petty, vindictive, mendacious, cowardly, duplicitous, racist, misogynistic, egotistical, ignorant, blowhard.  He also theoretically has his finger on the nuclear button.

Which he hasn't used. He should be nowhere near this thread.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

You're talking about potential here though right?

2 minutes ago, The Equalizer said:

You of all people should be reluctant to jump on an obviously tongue in cheek remark ffs.

Ah ok you got me.  Given that the majority of both the old and new Rangers support are Nazi's you can forgive me for jumping to the wrong conclusion.

Archived