Airdrieonians vs. Raith Rovers: 'Super' Sunday

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing is decided in December. Win our game in hand and we are just two points behind Ayr. Totally accept that.

But I think a lot of fans are being pushed to the edge. Our performances even whilst winning at home have been pretty turgid and added to the legacy of last season which was one of the worst in living memory then no wonder we are jaded. Throw in a bombscare of a goalkeeper who regularly ships us points yet keeps his place regardless then it’s hard not to be pessimistic. 

The one consolation is that it’s Ayr we are chasing. They always f**k it up against us. 

26 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Smith should get the sack right now before we are completely out of contention.

Eh?! 

Sack Smith, pay the remainder of his contract, lose any chance of improving the squad in January, fail to beat Ayr to the title, f**k up the playoffs, go part time, lose the decent players, entice mediocre manager with shitty salary, struggle in this pish league for years as crowds dwindle, end up in League 2, fight relegation to whatever fucking pub league Cowdenbeath are in, fail again, go bust. 

Why would we want to do a thing like that?.. 

I feel sorry for anyone who paid to watch that.  We simply must get Graeme Smith the f**k away from our club. What's worrying, is that Hank Scorpio says he's the preferred keeper. We were hugely lucky that we got the equaliser.  Buchanan shouldn't have stayed on the pitch over Spence.  We've been left in a horrendous position where we've got ridiculous injuries, no creativity and a keeper nobody has any confidence in. We spent the whole of the second half starting at the back with the goalkeeper, hoofing it up to our front line. Renton pointed out a few weeks, Bobby Barr seems to spend more time in the centre of the pitch for a winger. 

Tbh, as it stands, we're staring part time football. It's completely up to the board to decide whether they want to take action and back Smith. It's not time to call for his head. As we say, nothing is decided yet. We've still to get numerous key parts. 

Credit to Airdrie, for a very solid performance. Furtado and Hastie caused us all sorts of problems. I've love for us to take Furtado in the future. 

Very poor standard of football from both sides. Not having a pop at Raith but you were even worse than us today. Just wish this takeover thing would hurry up so that there is time to do something in January and we may even reach the play-offs at the RIGHT end of the table instead of languishing near the bottom.

I'll maybe say more when my fingers have thawed out a bit, but I'm happy enough with that point.  Losing late equaliser is always a scunner, but given how dire we've been recently and the fac Raith are second, I'd have taken a draw before the game.   I think most Airdrie fans would have.   Josh Edwards had a good game, and I don't think you'd have been able to guess that he's seventeen years old and was playing only his second senior game.  Shows a  lot of promise.  Furtado brought his bag of tricks along, and Rohan has clearly been working on his kicking.   Stewart played pretty well.    I thought we were marginally the better team in the first half, playing the higher line was a good move.

Overall it was  very scrappy game, neither team really in control.  A draw was probably about the right result. 

Credit to our young squad for a battling point. 

1 hour ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Eh?! 

Sack Smith, pay the remainder of his contract, lose any chance of improving the squad in January, fail to beat Ayr to the title, f**k up the playoffs, go part time, lose the decent players, entice mediocre manager with shitty salary, struggle in this pish league for years as crowds dwindle, end up in League 2, fight relegation to whatever fucking pub league Cowdenbeath are in, fail again, go bust. 

We won't get out the league with him as manager it is clear to see. If he is still manager in January he will probably spunk our budget on extending smiths deal and his previous signings don't inspire confidence that he is capable of improving the squad on our budget. 

Just watched the game on Alba, and I have to say we are an awful football team. How Graeme Smith gets a game every week is beyond me. No leadership, no desire to get a foot on the ball. There’s no way we’ll catch Ayr

2 hours ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Eh?! 

Sounds good to me  !!!!!!!!!!!  LOL 

3 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I have to say that we should've taken at least a point at Starks. Never mind winning the league will have serve as some comfort after the heartache in Kirkcaldy.

I'm more than happy for Ayr fans to celebrate the title already.

I genuinely expected us to get a skelping today, and was surprised that Raith looked pretty poor.  Still, the worst thing for their fans must be travelling all over the country putting up with that English bloke bellowing about pies.

He’s fucking unbearable. I usually have a look at where they all stand at games then position myself as far as away as possible.

Archived