Airdrieonians vs. Raith Rovers: 'Super' Sunday

1 minute ago, Pesadilla said:

Bit of a boot in the stones to lose that late goal having bossed the majority of the game.

Fair play to Raith, making the worst Full Time team in the country look like they're semi decent. It takes some doing to out-shite us.

It takes some doing to drop points at home to us right now, well done.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw plenty of shite performances when we were in League One and still managed to scrape our way to the title, including being outplayed at Airdrie, but Raith really were absolutely appalling there. Obviously you've all been expressing concern about how performances have deteriorated lately, but are you usually quite that bad? Impossible to see you catching Ayr if performances like that are the norm.

Actually feel a bit sorry for Airdrie. We were absolutely dreadful for 90 minutes and sneaked a draw. I know we have no choice with the young players in defence, they clearly aren’t good enough, but we have no option there due to injuries. It’s actually the senior players I’m more pissed off with. Jason Thomson has been below average for weeks now. Liam Buchanan was rank tonight and has underperformed all season. The same with Bobby Barr. Smith simply just isn’t a goalkeeper and costs us goals on a regular basis. He needs dropped. These guys aren’t youths, they need to step up or the league will be a skoosh for Ayr. The silver lining is thank f**k I didn’t travel through to watch that shite 

1 minute ago, Dunning1874 said:

I saw plenty of shite performances when we were in League One and still managed to scrape our way to the title, including being outplayed at Airdrie, but Raith really were absolutely appalling there. Obviously you've all been expressing concern about how performances have deteriorated lately, but are you usually quite that bad? Impossible to see you catching Ayr if performances like that are the norm.

At home, nobody has come close to taking even a point off us.  Even when we've been poor at home we've been comfortable.

Away we have been dreadful. Absolutely awful. We will likely finish the season with the best home record in the league, but a dreadful away one.

Over the last six weeks or so we've produced two or three performances of that level. Luckily for us the standard is so bad that even a decent 15 minute spell will usually win you a game (see our last couple of home wins as examples).

At home, nobody has come close to taking even a point off us.  Even when we've been poor at home we've been comfortable.
Away we have been dreadful. Absolutely awful. We will likely finish the season with the best home record in the league, but a dreadful away one.

I have to say that we should've taken at least a point at Starks. Never mind winning the league will have serve as some comfort after the heartache in Kirkcaldy.

I have to say that we should've taken at least a point at Starks. Never mind winning the league will have serve as some comfort after the heartache in Kirkcaldy.

He is going to be our number one for the rest of the season...or until Barry Smith gets the boot, whichever comes first

Sure someone has posted this before but surely on the board to say we’re not giving you funds to sign smith until the end of the season when we’ve got two capable goalkeepers.

That was abysmal. Airdrie deserved to win the match, though if we had played Lennox in goals we probably would have sneaked the win.  No way are we even going to challenge Ayr for the title the way we are playing.  Smith should get the sack right now before we are completely out of contention.

Woah, some people need to just quieten the f**k down. I don’t remember any team winning anything in December. 

Best way to watch the Rovers is by not to watch them. A last minute equaliser away from home in winter? I’ll take that..

Archived