Airdrieonians vs. Raith Rovers: 'Super' Sunday

2 weeks before Christmas, late Sunday afternoon, live on the tele: lowest away crowd for a long time for us do you think? None of our usual 4/5 are able to make it!

Big game for us in the context of the season. Likely we will be six points behind going into this game, and our away form (W2 D2 L2) has been poor compared to our home form (W8/8).

Two good wins in a row, Spence and Buchanan scoring, Zanatta showing a lot more and Robertson and Vaughan looking like a excellent partnership in midfield has me a bit more optimistic than I have been in recent weeks. 

I hope whatever happens Barry Smith sticks with Vaughan in central midfield and Lennox in the sticks!

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liverpool vs. Everton, live on Sky at 2pm.
Man Utd vs. Man City, live on Sky at 4pm.
And this, Airdrie vs. Raith Rovers, live on Alba at 4pm.
It truly is a Super Sunday [emoji460]️

Pardon my ignorance but how have Airdrie been playing of late? Got the win against 10men on Saturday.

I’m not going to this one but I will go to the game in March, to tick the Excelsior off then.

I’d stick with the same XI as Saturday but Lennox in goals instead of Smith, his time is up.

Lennox
Watson McKay Murray JT
Barr Robertson Vaughan Zanatta
Spence Buchanan

23 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

I would urge all Raith fans to watch it on the telly and keep the £16 in your pocket emoji106.png

If Rovers fans are out the loop about this, the delightful McGowan is fleecing Airdrie on behalf of a pal at the moment. While I hope we win on Saturday, long term I hope you end up getting him punted out one way or another. 

2 minutes ago, rw89 said:

If Rovers fans are out the loop about this, the delightful McGowan is fleecing Airdrie on behalf of a pal at the moment. While I hope we win on Saturday, long term I hope you end up getting him punted out one way or another. 

Who we playing on Saturday :P

I can see it. Dragged round the shops for 3 hours in the freezing cold, wife going credit card mental, Rovers getting another defender injured, Airdrie get a last min goal with a penalty to win. Doomed aye tell yea. Doomed. 

Bah Humbug.

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

£35 to watch a game from a box. A game which is live on TV and has a k.o. Time of 4pm on a Sunday. Bargain.

*Continued bar service until 6pm.

You'll have five minutes to leave your seat, get to the bar, drink your pint and get told to f**k off.

Archived