Dunfermline v Queens

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see we are going with the 'dynamic duo' of Dykes and Kane again after a flurry of goals against Inverness !
That's a bit harsh on Kane actually as I think he has more to offer than, who some people seem to think is the next Ronaldo.
Why keep a proven, experienced goalscorer  who links up so well with Dobbie on the bench yet again ?
Lyle comes on and clinches the win against Falkirk then scores an absolute belter  for us to progress in the Cup then finds himself a 'bit-part' player again.
This Manager is unbelievable yet so predictable.

????????????????

Anyway, today I thought we were excellent. Can say what you want about Dunfermline but we capitalised on it. Defence solid most the game, two goals came from our left hand side, Lyndon to blame for first but boy made up for it with a great run for the penalty and great assist for fifth.

From the off Dobbie was a class above, even before the goals he was MoM. Thought Kane, Stirling and Jacobs were excellent. The rest done there jobs throughout. Big couple of games coming up.

Don't think many of us saw that coming especially with all the 0-0s that we have been getting.

Dobbie was absolutely outstanding today but Kane and Stirling were also terrific giving us great movement and more importantly an out ball when under pressure.

5 was the minimum that our outfield play deserved.

I don't think it is any coincidence that we turn in our best performance for many a long day when playing on a big wide grass surface that was in perfect condition for time of year. Dobbie absolutely relished the quality of the surface. Looks like we have discovered a player in Andy Stirling...............oh wait a minute he has actually been with us all season!!!!

I chose the wrong week to be away! So many times we've failed to turn up for games like this and as Flash usually likes to remind us, we don't tend to beat the teams above us so this result is massive. Even with Dunfermline slumping they still have some very good players so to go their place and stick five past them is something else and from all accounts it could have been a lot more.  The highlights can't come up quickly enough.

The difference a win like this does is amazing, next week we go in with so much confidence and no pressure on us whilst if we lost we'd be going into two very tough games on a poor run of form but now it's looking like a great opportunity to really solidify a playoff spot.

Thrilled for Kane to score, he's had a rough couple of seasons so hopefully that can give him some confidence and really push on for the rest of his spell here. 

When everything falls into place, there are few people that can stop our dear Lord and Saviour Stephen Dobbie,  from those who were there, where does it rank on the all time Dobbie Performance list?

Frightening how many times Murdoch has had to come racing out his box and make slide tackles due to us piss arsing about in stupid areas recently. Probably what happens when you receive the ball and have no set structure in place so you have no idea where your team mates are I guess. f**k this. Thanks for the unforgettable memories such as getting us out a diddy league with a budget probably five times greater than any others, and going half a season with about one win last campaign, but times up Allan. 

Archived