Dunfermline v Queens

Which game was it when we had the undersoil heating on but it was knackered and there was a big patch unplayable? That must have been in the last decade. My favourite (not really) postponement was when a game was called off for fog when there was near perfect visibility. Think it was Bobby Madden who called it off super early? This was despite everyone saying that the fog was going to lift within an hour or so.

SPL game I'm sure, was sitting in the Legion in town and about an hour before he called it off it was bad, by the time he actually called it off it was far, far better and had been lifting gradually for an hour, abysmal decision.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway back to football given the game nearly certainly be on(unfortunately as I can't make the match)

Would expect us to return to 4-4-2 with Clark available, I would also bring aird in for higgy given aird played well after coming on last week and higgy is off-form currently.

Would play

Murdoch

Williamson Morris Ashcroft Talbot

aird Paton Martin/wedderburn cardle

Clark McManus

Edit-i had forgot to put murdoch in, not that it matters, I am struggling to think of a recent game he has influenced at all , I don't think he could have done any better for recent goals conceded yet he hasn't made an impressive save in a while either.

It certainly isn't a decade since we had a posponement due to a frozen pitch. The last one was only two seasons ago against Albion Rovers - it was 1-1 when it was eventually played, in a very frustrating game. There have been  few, and ones which I remember are a cup replay against Montrose in 2011, one against QOS around 2010 (their fans were raging with some justification as it was called off a bit later than it should have been), and the Boxing Day game against Livingston in 2008. I think there have been a few others as well. No big deal really, but I don't know where this notion that we pretty much never have a game off for a frozen pitch comes from. Maybe people are stuck in 2008 - prior to that Livingston game, it really had been about 10 years since the one before that.

50 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Anyway back to football given the game nearly certainly be on(unfortunately as I can't make the match)

Would expect us to return to 4-4-2 with Clark available, I would also bring aird in for higgy given aird played well after coming on last week and higgy is off-form currently.

Would play

Murdoch

Williamson Morris Ashcroft Talbot

aird Paton Martin/wedderburn cardle

Clark McManus

Edit-i had forgot to put murdoch in, not that it matters, I am struggling to think of a recent game he has influenced at all , I don't think he could have done any better for recent goals conceded yet he hasn't made an impressive save in a while either.

Pretty sure he made one near the start of the second half last weekend

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Which game was it when we had the undersoil heating on but it was knackered and there was a big patch unplayable? That must have been in the last decade. My favourite (not really) postponement was when a game was called off for fog when there was near perfect visibility. Think it was Bobby Madden who called it off super early? This was despite everyone saying that the fog was going to lift within an hour or so.

Kilmarnock IIRC. He called the game off ridiculously fucking early, by about 1:30pm you probably couldn't have gotten a clearer view from goal-to-goal. Absolute p***k of a man. 

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Game will be on. Can't even remember the last time we had one called off for a frozen pitch.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

It must be a decade since we had a game called off for frost with only 2 games vs rovers off since, 1 was caused called off as 'its icy outside'(funny that no other local business was forced to close) and a waterlogged pitch caused by some ridiculously heavy rainfall during the hour before k.o

I've already pointed out in this thread we had a game at East End Park off for frost in February 2010. Not quite 8 years ago that one. Don't know if it was your last though.

Edited to add - Posted before I read Socks post on the following page.

It certainly isn't a decade since we had a posponement due to a frozen pitch. The last one was only two seasons ago against Albion Rovers - it was 1-1 when it was eventually played, in a very frustrating game. There have been  few, and ones which I remember are a cup replay against Montrose in 2011, one against QOS around 2010 (their fans were raging with some justification as it was called off a bit later than it should have been), and the Boxing Day game against Livingston in 2008. I think there have been a few others as well. No big deal really, but I don't know where this notion that we pretty much never have a game off for a frozen pitch comes from. Maybe people are stuck in 2008 - prior to that Livingston game, it really had been about 10 years since the one before that.

Remember the Livingston one bizarrely but can't remember the others as well, I'm sure for the Albion Rovers we were quite open about not turning the USH on because it simply wasn't worth it.

Was there a game against Qots played in what was pretty dreadful weather? I'm sure fans were on the pitch the day before clearing the snow up, I think Qots had a player sent off and we won 1-0, I'm sure Andy Kirk missed a bit of a sitter. When I think about it though I'm sure I was sitting in the main stand which was pretty odd.

I see we are going with the 'dynamic duo' of Dykes and Kane again after a flurry of goals against Inverness !

That's a bit harsh on Kane actually as I think he has more to offer than, who some people seem to think is the next Ronaldo.

Why keep a proven, experienced goalscorer  who links up so well with Dobbie on the bench yet again ?

Lyle comes on and clinches the win against Falkirk then scores an absolute belter  for us to progress in the Cup then finds himself a 'bit-part' player again.

This Manager is unbelievable yet so predictable.

Archived