Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hope I don't live to regret this but I have a good feeling about this weekend. Think we could be back in a playoff place. :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Hawk said:

Hope I don't live to regret this but I have a good feeling about this weekend. Think we could be back in a playoff place. :-)

Bad news Hawk - its your oncologist on the phone. He says not to make plans for the weekend.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JessieField said:

You Dunfermline boys got undersoil heating?

We did have, but unsure if it works anymore. Saying that though I can't remember the last time we had a call off for a frozen pitch so should be all good. Hope you biys enjoy your trip up to the Bridie Kingdom! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/12/2017 at 10:07, Shandon Par said:

The fact the top end of the table is so competitive means despite winning just once in the last games we're still in a perfectly decent position. If we can grind out a few points in the next month and add a few faces in January we'll be fine. We've picked a good time for a slump. 

Where do you think we need to strengthen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You Dunfermline boys got undersoil heating?

Yes. Will it be switched on? Possibly - hospitality is sold out and the prospect of a midweek game in February or whatever isn't that appealing. Our pitch is usually fine although sometimes there's a strip of grass alongside the Main Stand that doesn't get any sunlight so of there are any potential issues it's that area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, All-Star-Par said:

We did have, but unsure if it works anymore. Saying that though I can't remember the last time we had a call off for a frozen pitch so should be all good. Hope you biys enjoy your trip up to the Bridie Kingdom! 

You had one called off frozen against us a few years ago I can recall. That would have been circa a decade ago mind you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You had one called off frozen against us a few years ago I can recall. That would have been circa a decade ago mind you.

We had one called off for a frozen pitch against Albion Rovers in January 2016, where we opted not to bother turning on the undersoil heating. QoS are likely to bring a few more fans than Rovers so I'd imagine the club will do their utmost to ensure the match is on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SPFL rule H10 says that each club should have an adequate winter pitch protection system that should be used whenever there is a reasonable possiblity of the pitch being frozen.  In a letter dated 16 September 2016 to all clubs, it is stated that it is a condition of membership of the SPFL for Championship and Premiership clubs to comply with rule H10. However, there are provisions to apply for a waiver of any of the rules. Maybe it is possible to have a winter pitch proctection system installed and apply in advance not to use it. Or apply only to use it for certain games.  There is no detail  about what the sanctions are, if any, for failing to comply with the rule. Livi had a game called off due to a frozen pitch last week and I haven’t seen any mention of any action being taken against them. So, it is possible that a waiver, or period of grace, applies to them or that failing to comply with the rule has no sanction. Also, winter pitch protection system isn’t defined, so it doesn’t need to be ush. But it does need to be adequate.

Similarly, rule H11 says that all pitches should have an efficient and effective drainage system so that they cannot become unplayable due to flooding. Rule H12 even mentions a potential sanction for failure to comply (without specifying what any sanction might be) but, again, games are called off all the time due to flooding and nothing happens. So, again, either waivers must be in place or there is no actual sanction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You had one called off frozen against us a few years ago I can recall. That would have been circa a decade ago mind you.

I can't even mind that tbh although we've played so regularly against each other I struggle to remember specific games at times. 

I think credit has to go to our sponsor Purvis Group for helping get a lot of our games on as whenever the bad spells hit they fire out with the heavy duty turf equipment. In the past we've had games called off by the police due to the surrounding area when we've managed to get the pitch in a great condition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've attended a few Pars games this season as a neutral. My general feeling is that they dominate possession, win a lot of soft free kicks, hesitate at the edge of the box, but somehow end up finding a jammy goal or two in and around the six yard box = the results often paper over erratic and haphazard performances. Dumbarton were very unlucky to not bag all three points a few weeks back.

If Queens can defend solidly at the edge of their box, attack out wide and fire some decent balls in to the box,  it'll be an uncomfy afternoon for the shaky pars rearguard.

Gut instinct says scrappy game though, home side with an undeserved 2-1 win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Myko said:

I've attended a few Pars games this season as a neutral. My general feeling is that they dominate possession, win a lot of soft free kicks, hesitate at the edge of the box, but somehow end up finding a jammy goal or two in and around the six yard box = the results often paper over erratic and haphazard performances. Dumbarton were very unlucky to not bag all three points a few weeks back.

If Queens can defend solidly at the edge of their box, attack out wide and fire some decent balls in to the box,  it'll be an uncomfy afternoon for the shaky pars rearguard.

Gut instinct says scrappy game though, home side with an undeserved 2-1 win.

Bang on really. I'm yet to be convinced

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Myko said:

I've attended a few Pars games this season as a neutral. My general feeling is that they dominate possession, win a lot of soft free kicks, hesitate at the edge of the box, but somehow end up finding a jammy goal or two in and around the six yard box = the results often paper over erratic and haphazard performances. Dumbarton were very unlucky to not bag all three points a few weeks back.

If Queens can defend solidly at the edge of their box, attack out wide and fire some decent balls in to the box,  it'll be an uncomfy afternoon for the shaky pars rearguard.

Gut instinct says scrappy game though, home side with an undeserved 2-1 win.

Are you sure you're a neutral?

Fordyce is out injured for Queens so our defence,  in the right back position at least,   may not be as strong as it would be.  We will probably get the ball on the deck,  get the wide men involved and hopefully see some decent crosses put in after half time when Naysmith finally realises (again) that punting long balls up for Dykes (or Lyle)  to knock down for the the other striker(s)  isn't working and hasn't really worked despite him persisting with it.  Our best chance of scoring is probably through Dobbie or a defender up for a set-piece, or an og.   Goals from any of our midfielders are are rare as hen's teeth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You had one called off frozen against us a few years ago I can recall. That would have been circa a decade ago mind you.

Wasn't that the year there was a game between us at Palmerston postponed due to a waterlogged pitch? Later in the season we called off 2 (maybe even 3) in the space of a fortnight or something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Are you sure you're a neutral?

Fordyce is out injured for Queens so our defence,  in the right back position at least,   may not be as strong as it would be.  We will probably get the ball on the deck,  get the wide men involved and hopefully see some decent crosses put in after half time when Naysmith finally realises (again) that punting long balls up for Dykes (or Lyle)  to knock down for the the other striker(s)  isn't working and hasn't really worked despite him persisting with it.  Our best chance of scoring is probably through Dobbie or a defender up for a set-piece, or an og.   Goals from any of our midfielders are are rare as hen's teeth. 

I'm as neutral as they come my friend.

if Williamson the right back has on off-day it opens up a few paths to goal. Long balls won't work and Ashcroft/Morris/Wedderburn will soak up loose balls all day long. Fire some balls in to the far post, stick a few guys around the edge of the box to support (Pars poor defending their own box) and it may just open the door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, All-Star-Par said:

I can't even mind that tbh although we've played so regularly against each other I struggle to remember specific games at times. 

I think credit has to go to our sponsor Purvis Group for helping get a lot of our games on as whenever the bad spells hit they fire out with the heavy duty turf equipment. In the past we've had games called off by the police due to the surrounding area when we've managed to get the pitch in a great condition.

 

38 minutes ago, smpar said:

Wasn't that the year there was a game between us at Palmerston postponed due to a waterlogged pitch? Later in the season we called off 2 (maybe even 3) in the space of a fortnight or something. 

Sorry, had to go out of the office all morning.

Game was off originally in December 2009 I think due to snow when the country was basically in white out. It was rearranged for Tuesday 2nd February 2010 but postponed that night because of frost.  Match Postponed

It was eventually played on a Scottish Cup Saturday in March when both clubs had a free weekend. Dunfermline won 3-1. Match Report

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reckon it'll be a tight game with one team winning 2-1. We've been dreadful since the beginning of October and we were fortunate against Queens Park & Dumbarton. The latter should have taken all three points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×