Dunfermline v Queens

13 minutes ago, parsboi said:

We do still run out to into the valley but for some strange reason the playing of it was only started on Saturday after half the team was out on the pitch.

Good news. Missed it on the VT.  Was at the Charlton v Wimbledon match recently and they still play it as the teams run out and always think of days out watching Queens at EEP. 

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dobbie does really well for the first but Stirling's backheel is a thing of beauty!

Never noticed it in the other packages but I'm a bit disappointed with Dykes after the penalty decision. He gestures at Collum to book the player. A right pet hate of mine. Apart from that he also looked to have put in a good shift.

1 hour ago, parsboi said:

We do still run out to into the valley but for some strange reason the playing of it was only started on Saturday after half the team was out on the pitch.

something has definitely changed over the last few weeks, a real disconnect between the manager and the fans.  It’s heard clearly on the highlights and then transmits onto the players.  Faith in AJ has been lost, potentially permanently following this run of poor form.  Strange team selections, awful performances, the Non selection of Andy Ryan, the continued selection of Cardle and Higginbotham even when they’ve been poor, Clark starting every game but not fitting into the style of play.  It’s all a bit strange and I think the issue is having been so one dimensional for 2 years now in system and tactics, AJ even when he’s trying to change it, it’s too ingrained.

Dont know why, but have a feeling we’ll beat St Mirren on Saturday and give a stay of execution.  It does feel like the players need a win just to restart them all and get them thinking positively.  

As for QOS it would be remiss not to compliment their performance.  Excellent all over the pitch apart from at the two goals (only time we really threatened) and good football to boot too.  Yes some will say that we were so awful we allowed them to play but reality is even at our best I’m not so sure we would have got anything out of that.

Andy Ryan is injured and Clark has scored 11 goals in 18 this season. 

Dobbie does really well for the first but Stirling's backheel is a thing of beauty!

Never noticed it in the other packages but I'm a bit disappointed with Dykes after the penalty decision. He gestures at Collum to book the player. A right pet hate of mine. Apart from that he also looked to have put in a good shift.

Probably due to the fact Morris should’ve received his second yellow before even that incident, when he hauled Kane to the deck.

Probably due to the fact Morris should’ve received his second yellow before even that incident, when he hauled Kane to the deck.

Whether it was worthy of a card or not (FWIW I thought it should have been a yellow) it's not a players place to give their suggestions to the ref. If I was a ref I'd instantly book any player who did that gesture to me.

Whether it was worthy of a card or not (FWIW I thought it should have been a yellow) it's not a players place to give their suggestions to the ref. If I was a ref I'd instantly book any player who did that gesture to me.

We'd struggle to get past 5 minutes if a booking was given every time a player tried to tell the ref what they think a decision should be.

16 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

So bookings for players claiming throw ins, or raising their arm to claim for offside as well then?

So bookings for players claiming throw ins, or raising their arm to claim for offside as well then?

No as the opposition don't get booked for that. I just think trying to get an opposition player booked is unsportsmanlike in the same way I despise diving.

I'm sure the refs were meant to start booking players for that when they started the crack down on dissent. I'd go one further and reverse the decision (as you can in rugby) but that'll never happen.

Rugby have got it spot on when it comes to officiating. I actually heard a player apologise profusely to a ref a few weeks back in the Scotland game. Yet footballers can spew profanities at our officials and are rarely penalised. I'd like to see only captains and the offender being spoken to in football but I can't see anything like that happening.

I often wonder if there is any other sport in the world where the officials receive the sort of abuse football officials do. I really can't think of another sport.

Rugby have got it spot on when it comes to officiating. I actually heard a player apologise profusely to a ref a few weeks back in the Scotland game. Yet footballers can spew profanities at our officials and are rarely penalised. I'd like to see only captains and the offender being spoken to in football but I can't see anything like that happening.

I often wonder if there is any other sport in the world where the officials receive the sort of abuse football officials do. I really can't think of another sport.
Badminton

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

There are so many scenarios in football during which referees should just be ruthless and/or start dishing cards out in order to eventually cut out half the shite that goes on during every single game. Pushing/pulling strikers in the box, dissent towards referees, kicking the ball away. Some of those things and the seethe that follows can be glorious, but it can also be a pain in the arse.

Archived