Dunfermline v Queens

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn’t realise just how bad that third goal was. :lol: an utter shambles from 3 of our most reliable players.

Safe to say Ashcroft won’t have a poorer game than that in his career. Nat, Morris and Williamson also had disasters. Piss poor throughout the whole team though. Say what you like about tactics, formations and shape etc, those individual errors are unacceptable and most of those goals are completely avoidable.

Fair play to Queens for taking the opportunity to absolutely pish all over us. Especially Dobbie who waltzed about as if that was a Sunday afternoon kick-about.

On 12/10/2017 at 12:35, Demented Zebra said:

WOW ! Boooing by Dunfermline fans has come as a surprise team won't get confidence back if that's what's greeting them. Fantastic win for QOS they look to have a  hunger about them.

f**k them, deserve it

I suppose the fact that the game was decided by then has played a part, but I thought the penalty award might have provoked more comment.  It looked pretty harsh to me.

At first viewing I thought that but I looked again and the guy looks at Dykes and steps in his way, completely bodychecking him. Stonewaller.

40 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I suppose the fact that the game was decided by then has played a part, but I thought the penalty award might have provoked more comment.  It looked pretty harsh to me.

Don't think there were that many of them left to see the pen and definitely very few saw Sir Stephen's third.

13 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Really? I dont think there's much doubt about it. He absolutely knew what he was doing and stepped into Lyndon's run.

EDITED to add, close up in the video below at 3:22 makes it quite clear he knew exactly what he was doing and did it deliberately.

That said you did have the feeling Collum would give us something after the non red card incident which was one of those where you know he has realised within seconds he has got it badly wrong. Notably that incident isnt in their highlights. Hopefully in ours.

46 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Some not bad goals in there for a hoofball team.

Which maybe goes to show why we shouldn’t play hoofball.

1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

Some not bad goals in there for a hoofball team.

As Flash alludes to above,  get the ball on the deck to the players who are good with the ball at their feet,  run at defenders and put the ball into the danger area.  Apart from being more entertaining and exciting to watch it will probably yield more goals.  Obviously the standard of Dunfermline defending maybe makes that look a bit easier than it sounds. 

Just now, The-coo-shed said:

Keeper should've saved Dobbie's penalty. Not that I'm complaining!

Was also intersting to see Kane happily give Dobbie the ball for the penalty given he was on a hat-trick. Good signs!

Commented on that at the time. It's clear nobody thought the game was done at 3-1 and they weren't interested in taking the penalty away from the designated taker at that stage (would have been interesting to see if it had been last minute and still 3-1 - Suspect Kane might have taken it then).  Compare and contrast Benteke and Milojevic on Saturday at Palace!

We do still run out to into the valley but for some strange reason the playing of it was only started on Saturday after half the team was out on the pitch.

something has definitely changed over the last few weeks, a real disconnect between the manager and the fans.  It’s heard clearly on the highlights and then transmits onto the players.  Faith in AJ has been lost, potentially permanently following this run of poor form.  Strange team selections, awful performances, the Non selection of Andy Ryan, the continued selection of Cardle and Higginbotham even when they’ve been poor, Clark starting every game but not fitting into the style of play.  It’s all a bit strange and I think the issue is having been so one dimensional for 2 years now in system and tactics, AJ even when he’s trying to change it, it’s too ingrained.

Dont know why, but have a feeling we’ll beat St Mirren on Saturday and give a stay of execution.  It does feel like the players need a win just to restart them all and get them thinking positively.  

As for QOS it would be remiss not to compliment their performance.  Excellent all over the pitch apart from at the two goals (only time we really threatened) and good football to boot too.  Yes some will say that we were so awful we allowed them to play but reality is even at our best I’m not so sure we would have got anything out of that.

Archived