Dunfermline v Queens

7 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

Let’s be honest, on another day that could quite easily have been 6-5 Dunfermline. Boys worked their socks off and a combination of bad luck and poor officiating cost us in the end. 

#wegoagain 

:lol::lol::lol:

#youfailagain

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, All-Star-Par said:

If anyone needs any clue to the tactics and effort deployed by Dunfermline yesterday just look at fans favourite 'Super' Joe Cardle at the first goal. Our left winger gives the ball away on the right wing as AJ wants him to play a free role and drift around, then doesn't enter the video frame at any point in the highlights as he isn't bursting his pan in to get back once his awful pass is intercepted. The goal eventually comes from the overlap on his side and was excellently taken but that lack of effort to get back is a worrying indication from the players for me. He couldn't get a game last season and has been woeful for months but he still played the full 90 even with two other wingers on the bench. You are out your depth Johnston do the right thing.

Why wasn’t aird playing anyway? The only winger in form. 

22 hours ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

I see we are going with the 'dynamic duo' of Dykes and Kane again after a flurry of goals against Inverness !

That's a bit harsh on Kane actually as I think he has more to offer than, who some people seem to think is the next Ronaldo.

Why keep a proven, experienced goalscorer  who links up so well with Dobbie on the bench yet again ?

Lyle comes on and clinches the win against Falkirk then scores an absolute belter  for us to progress in the Cup then finds himself a 'bit-part' player again.

This Manager is unbelievable yet so predictable.

:lol: Good call.

Antione courier McCabe aird Ryan mvoto 

2 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

WOW ! Boooing by Dunfermline fans has come as a surprise team won't get confidence back if that's what's greeting them. Fantastic win for QOS they look to have a  hunger about them.

St Mirren fans never boo.

24 minutes ago, JessieField said:

Boy, the Dunfermline fans sound like a right cantankerous bunch.

In fairness, I wouldn’t imagine we would have been any different had the roles been reversed.

Their disappointment is aimed at their team/management. Despite that, on here and .net they have been very fair and complimentary about our performance, Dobbie in particular. 

38 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Antione courier McCabe aird Ryan mvoto 

St Mirren fans never boo.

At the start of the season we would have bit your hand off for 5th. I get the expectation of fans given your start to the season I for one have never booed my team it's counter productive not in a good way and is hard to shake off once it starts all it takes is one mistake to make the boo boy's to knock the stuffing out the team.  Anyway thankfully it's your problem and not ours. You can't take away it was a great win for QOS done in some style it's going to be a hard game for us after we play you.

4 hours ago, Jimmy85 said:

Let’s be honest, on another day that could quite easily have been 6-5 Dunfermline. Boys worked their socks off and a combination of bad luck and poor officiating cost us in the end. 

#wegoagain 

Whit? Well just you get on to the SFA and get that sorted, cheeky cnuts.

20 hours ago, JessieField said:

He's only a "journeyman" according to Peter Houston.

When the likes of Anelka, Cole, Veira are classed as journeyman I don't see where the need to greet like an English softie.

8-10+ clubs probably deserve the journeyman tag. You wouldn't see any bairns greet if you called Stainrod or Latapy a journeyman.

If you feel the need to greet, well done

20 hours ago, All-Star-Par said:

Still up there with the funniest lines I've heard coming from the manager who had just handed Mark Kerr a contract extension.

Kerr who bossed dunfermlines 11 men v 9

14 hours ago, JessieField said:

Johnston and Clark left Queens at the first opportunity to go to Killie, I personally wish they'd given Queens a season in the higher Division, but such is life. No hard feelings from me, I'd welcome Johnston back in the future, but only if there's a vacancy at Palmerston.  I think Naysmith's doing OK!

Johnston has only proven himself when the odds are stacked in his favour, 3rd tier v part timers.

Well done queens.... pleasing to see goals come in yesterday

13 minutes ago, MrDust said:

When the likes of Anelka, Cole, Veira are classed as journeyman I don't see where the need to greet like an English softie.

8-10+ clubs probably deserve the journeyman tag. You wouldn't see any bairns greet if you called Stainrod or Latapy a journeyman.

If you feel the need to greet, well done

You have a point. However, it was the absolute sour grapes of it all from Houston. Let’s face it, he is a journeyman manager himself

Still, it did add to the pleasure of the the result, so. no hard feelings from me. I look back on his comments fondly.

7 hours ago, NM_1919 said:

Some pleasant light entertainment to watch during the Manchester derby break. Hadn't noticed at the time but the guy in the jeans who came on the pitch with the Pars team could have been in with a shout for a game. Surely can't have been as bad as some of those on show.

Wow, we were really bad yesterday.  

However, as bad as we were, Queens were good - particularly Kane and Dobbie. 

A great move for the opener and then terrible defending for Kane's second. 

Good goal to begin the second half and I thought the momentum might'be swung but then it became the Stephen Dobbie show. 

Absolute calamity for the third QoS goal. Then a poor penalty to give away. 

It was nice to see an initial bit of resilience with McManus getting a goal but then more slack defending for Dobbie's hat-trick. 

Deserved win by the Doonhamers. Really impressive football too. 

My match report is here for anyone interested:

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/12/10/dobbie-shines-in-5-star-queens-performance/

Archived